Custom Control within a Custom Control

I have two individual custom controls say custom cc1 and cc2. cc1 is communicating to cc2 using event delegate mechanism.I have tested the behaviour by dropping cc1 and cc2 onto a Web Page and it works fine. I want to create a third custom control say cc3 which should contain both cc1 and cc2. So that if i drag and drop cc3 onto a Web Page i can acheive exactly what i am doing above.

The problem is that i am not sure how to call/register a custom control within a custom control ? Any clue ?

Thanks!!

0
user_resu

Do you mean adding custom control to custom control? I think you can use the same way as what you do for built-in ASP.NET controls. Could you tell me what the problem is?

Sincerely,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Allen
3/13/2009 1:56:17 AM

For example i am adding Custom Control cc1 onto Custom Control cc2. if i call cc2 in a Web Page then i need following sequence to happen

1) Create & Render cc1. Basically get exactly same result what cc1 will have if it dragged onto a seperate Web Page.

2) Create and Render cc2

3) If i click on button in cc1, i need the information to be passed to cc2. I already implemented code for button clicks & event handling control but i am not sure how to wire it up.

 Thank you.

0
user_resu

Please refer to my reply in this post:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1397053.aspx

In your case, replace Button with custom control cc1 and TextBox with cc2.

Sincerely,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Allen

Custom Control within a Control Control

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Creating Custom Controls With Custom Controls Inside Of Them
Hello, I am trying to create a custom control for creating tabs. The idea is that our designer can just use the control tags to generate the tabs.  The problem that I am running into is that I want to be able to have a custom control that allows any number of child custom controls. So there would be a TabContainer Control, and within that there would be any number of tabs.  The idea is similar to how an asp:DropDown list can have any number of ListItems within them.  Here is my code, any help is appreciated. 1 <!-- TAB CONTAINER -->2 <%@ Control Language=&...

Custom controls called from inside other custom controls???
I'm fairly new to writing controls in ASP.NET so, forgive the I am trying to create a base page class which will call 3 custom controls. This base page class will span across multiple projects hence the reason I am not creating user controls. These 3 custom controls are: 1. TopNav-uses render method to display an HTML table with graphics for top navigation. 2. ImagePairs-uses prerender method to add javascript code to manage what graphic is displayed in TopNav onMouseOver and onMouseOut 3. MgrHeader-uses render method to display an HTML table with s...

Dynamic custom control on custom control
What I'm trying to do is create a module for use within a larger page.  The page itself is an order form, which will have typical payment info (address, credit card, etc.), and the ability to select what you are paying for.  Our clients will have several options in how they want the page setup.  They can either have a single form, or they can have each module on it's own page.  They can also have all the selected items fire in a single transaction, or have a seperate transaction for each item selected.  And they can limit the total number of transactions a person can...

Custom User Controls v. Custom Web Controls
Hi! Is it better for me to begin coding my controls instead of just designing them? What would the benefits be? I meen, i seem to be able to get all i need from just putting stuff together on an ASCX file but i'm obviously missing a huge concept here... please explain! Hi, creating user controls is indeed easier than creating custom server controls because you can simply drag & drop other controls on the form, easily add events to it, ... Custom controls however are better when you want to reuse them in several other projects. I like to create custom controls for small, reusable com...

How to Render controls within an UpdatePanel in a Custom Server Control
Hi,Im writting a CompositeControl that contains a few UpdatePanels (TabContainer with an UpdatePanel on each TabPanel to make Tab control panels load "on-demand"). I want to control the renderring of the controls within the UpdatePanel's ContentTemplateContainer.How should I implement the render method of my CompositeControl?Should I use a custom UpdatePanel (inherit from UpdatePanel and override the RenderContents method)? is there a simpler solution? (because I need a different "render" for each tab panel....)Thanks Tal88 Hi, I want to control the renderring o...

Efficient way to initialize controls within a Custom Server Control.
Hi, Im writting a CompositeControl and Im wandering if I its recommended to use Application in the initialization of controls (in the Controls collection)  in  CreateChildControls() function (by checking if  its a postback) How can I avoid  naming conflicts? (if the hosting web form defines Application variables with the same names I define in my CompositeControl). Thanks, Tal88 CompositeControl implements INamingContainer which ensures that your control and its child controls will get unique ids.  as far as CreateChildControl, be sure to set Child...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Web resources about - Custom Control within a Custom Control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Brussels Pushes Gun Control In Wake of Paris Attacks
Europeans double down on gun control after terrorists murder defenseless civilians

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii U will likely support Wiimote and Nunchuk controls
Well this is interesting. Fans have been speculating as to the control schemes that will be supported in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ...

Control Your HTPC With Scavenged IR Parts
If you’ve built yourself a home theater PC, one of your highest priorities is probably coming up with a convenient control solution. The easiest ...

ICYMI: Even the AP couldn’t validate any of Hillary’s gun control nonsense
... – not 200 as she claimed . Asked to explain the discrepancy, Clinton’s campaign pointed to 2013 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...

5 Questions: Punjab’s rightful control over Chandigarh, says Prem Singh Chandumajra
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) MP Prem Singh Chandumajra on why he raised the issue of Punjab’s claim over Chandigarh in LS.

Over-The-Counter Birth Control Empowers Women And Pharmacists In Oregon And California
Over-the-counter birth control is coming to Oregon and California. There’s an enactment of new laws on the horizon that will allow pharmacists ...

In this Dark Fairy Tale, a Sheltered Young Girl Seizes Control of Her Future
“In a family headed by a tyrannical father, the younger daughter will regain her freedom on her birthday.” It’s a simple synopsis, but Blood ...