Control Adapter Referrence problem

 Hi there,

I posted this on Mobile Devices thread but didn't get any response. I guess all experienced guys are here and topic is kinda similar too.

So, pardon me if wrong thread.

I have used ASP.Net Mobile web forms and now I want to use XHTML Mobile control adapters so that all mobile webforms and controls are rendered as valid XHTML-MP or basic.

I have downloaded ASP.NET 1.1 XHTML Mobile Control Adapter source for that and compiled it too and copied the DLL to App_Code folder.

But now, how do I reference the namespace in my web.config? Because there are following lines in all .CS files of XHTML Adapter source files I downloaded -

#if !COMPILING_FOR_DEVICE_UPDATE_ASSEMBLY
namespace System.Web.UI.MobileControls.ShippedAdapterSource.XhtmlAdapters
#else
namespace System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters.XhtmlAdapters
#endif

So, I tried referencing both namespaces within <mobileControls> ...</mobileControls> section of my web.config. None of them works. But it gives following error :

 Configuration Error body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/WebSite1' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The value of the property 'pageAdapter' cannot be parsed. The error is: The type 'System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters.XhtmlAdapters,App_Code' cannot be resolved. Please verify the spelling is correct or that the full type name is provided.

Source Error:

Line 42:         -->
Line 43: <mobileControls cookielessDataDictionaryType="System.Web.Mobile.CookielessData">
Line 44: <device name="XhtmlDeviceAdapters2" inheritsFrom="DeviceAdapters2" pageAdapter="System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters.XhtmlAdapters,App_Code"/>
Line 45: </mobileControls>
Line 46: <deviceFilters>

I also tried to remove those 4 lines and create a new namespace but that also doens't work.

So, How do i bind these control adapters into my mobile website?

Thanks,
 - Vishal
0
tovishal2001

Please try to provide a fully qualified name to see if it works. You can get it via Type.AssemblyQualifiedName Property in code:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.type.assemblyqualifiedname(VS.71).aspx

Sincerely,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Allen

Custom Control within a Control Control

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

Control Adapter Overriding Server Control
I made a custom server control and a control adapter is overriding that. I would like to use both, so how can I stop it from overriding the customer server control, but still render what I need for asp.net controls? Michael S. Flynn...

Custom Server Control with Child Controls
I have a custom server control <xx.Parent... /> which parses custom child controls <xx.Child... />. In Visual Studio 2008, IntelliSense shows me both when I start typing my control namespace. How can I prevent the child control from showing up in IntelliSense  unless I'm adding it within the parent tags?Thanks. --Rudy...

Custom control problem (Templated Control)
Hello ASP.NET community,I recently a control that is very simple, really. It's suppose to look like the UpdatePanel<asp:UpdatePanel><ContentTemplate>Stuff</ContentTemplate></asp:UpdatePanel> as you know where i have "stuff" we can put all bunch of controls and then initialise them in the code behind.In my control I do the same,        private ITemplate tmpContentTemplate = null;        [DefaultValue(null)]        [Description("The content te...

Web control (Server control) problem
Help on web control (server control). In my backend code of my form when the user click register. ActiveUp.WebControls.ActiveDateTime BirthDateSelector I get u.BirthDate = BirthDateSelector.Date When I debug the application BirthDateSelector is undefined in User.cs // Code below. Can someone help me. <% Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="Active.Webcontrols" Assembly="ActiveDateTime" %> Now in my web form I have the following <cc1:ActiveDateTime id="BirthDateSelector" runat="server" AllowNull=&q...

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

Using a user control in a custom server control.
I've created a custom server control and am trying to add a user control to the rendering of the server control.  Is this possible?  If so, hints as to how this is done would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks in advance for considering an answer to this question. Wendi Use the LoadControl method. For example:   Controls.Add(LoadControl("~/controls/login.ascx"))Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion My server control renders a table with x number of rows.  I want to add a user control to each row of the table, last column.  I do not know how ...

calenderextender problem in user control/custom control
Hi, I'm having a problem with the calendar extender when placed in a user control or a custom control. When you have 2 (or more) calendarextenders in one table cell, the second extender is displaced below the first extender as soon as the first calendarextender popups. And it stays that way until you refreshed the screen, that is they are again in a single line. I tried encapsulating the textbox, imagebutton and calendar extender inside a div with style=display:inline, but that doesn't work. Any idea why this is happening? Hi Seven21, Based on my experience, your prob...

Web resources about - Control Adapter Referrence problem - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here rolandsmartin @ rolandsmartin . ...

Talk:Girolamo Savonarola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Biography , a collaborative effort to create, develop and organize Wikipedia's articles about ...

Where Our Products Come From
Dick Smith Foods are made in Australia by Australian owned companies. We believe this is important because it provides employment for Australians ...

Welcome to Official Website of Zhoushan
Investment Costs (only for referrence) Ordinary Workshop Brick mixed structure RMB700-900/M2 Steel structure RMB500-550/M2 Frame structure ...

Why Buy Penny Stocks?
According to research by Ibbotson Associates, small-cap stocks have posted annualized returns of 11.9% since 1925, while large-cap stocks have ...

Pipes Inspects the Leaks
Daniel Pipes has been trying to explain the Islamist threat for a long time. He works too hard, but I guess he thinks the subject is important. ...

Field Notice: FN - 63204 - Cisco Clean Access has Interoperability issue with Symantec Anti-virus - delays ...
When using Symantec Anti-Virus software and the Cisco Clean Access Agent - with realtime scanning enabled - Symantec Anti-Virus QuickScan will ...

Black/White Colorization Tutorial
Hi there. I'm Zuzah, those of you who frequent this website know me, but if you found this via googling, hi. I colorize images. Let me dazzle ...

The 25 Corniest Celebrity Twitter Bios
Pen game weak. Complex.com: The original buyer's guide for men. Just 'cause you can referrence video games it doesnt make you any cooler or more ...

iOS 9 hints at huge improvements to future FaceTime cameras
The next wave of iOS devices could sport some huge improvements to their front-facing camera, according to referrences found in iOS 9 that hints ...