Changing the toolbox display name of a custom control

Hi,

Can anyone help me in changing the toolbox display name of a custom server control?

i tried using the following code, but its not working.

[ToolboxItem(typeof(ClassName)),DisplayName("NewName")]

Thank you,

Senthil Kumar

0
senthilkumar24

From your description, it seems that you want to modify the server control display name in the toolbox, right?

If so, I think you need to open the customer server control project, and in the source code of that server control, change the line in bold, and build again.

namespace WebControlLibrary1
{
    [DefaultProperty("Text")]
    [ToolboxData("<{0}:WebCustomControl2 runat=server></{0}:WebCustomControl2>")]
    [ControlValueProperty("abc")]
    public class WebCustomControl2 : WebControl
{
….
}

}

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

Web Custom Control
 I wrote this web custom control, and finally got all the embedded images and script files to embed, and display properly.But when I assign a name to the ID of the Control, the server changes the ID Name.So I have a control called txtMovieEmbed, and I assign the ID as txtMovieEmbed.But when the control renders, the name changes to ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder2_txtMovieEmbed txtMovieEmbed = New TextBox txtMovieEmbed.Width = 325 txtMovieEmbed.CssClass = "FormControl" txtMovieEmbed.ReadOnly = True txtMovieEmbed.Text = MovieEmbedCode txtMovieEmbed.ID = "txtMovieEmbed&qu...

Custom Control within a Custom Control
I have two individual custom controls say custom cc1 and cc2. cc1 is communicating to cc2 using event delegate mechanism.I have tested the behaviour by dropping cc1 and cc2 onto a Web Page and it works fine. I want to create a third custom control say cc3 which should contain both cc1 and cc2. So that if i drag and drop cc3 onto a Web Page i can acheive exactly what i am doing above. The problem is that i am not sure how to call/register a custom control within a custom control ? Any clue ? Thanks!! Hi, Do you mean adding custom control to custom control? I think you can use the same wa...

Custom server control display in Studio.NET
I have a custom web server control that I have implemented a control designer using a simple designer: Public Class TPLDesigner    Inherits System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner    Public Overrides Function GetDesignTimeHtml() As String       Dim sw As New StringWriter       Dim tw As New HtmlTextWriter(sw)       Dim cControl As TimePickList = CType(Component, TimePickList)       cControl.RenderControl(tw)     &n...

Creating Custom Controls With Custom Controls Inside Of Them
Hello, I am trying to create a custom control for creating tabs. The idea is that our designer can just use the control tags to generate the tabs.  The problem that I am running into is that I want to be able to have a custom control that allows any number of child custom controls. So there would be a TabContainer Control, and within that there would be any number of tabs.  The idea is similar to how an asp:DropDown list can have any number of ListItems within them.  Here is my code, any help is appreciated. 1 <!-- TAB CONTAINER -->2 <%@ Control Language=&...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Custom controls called from inside other custom controls???
I'm fairly new to writing controls in ASP.NET so, forgive the I am trying to create a base page class which will call 3 custom controls. This base page class will span across multiple projects hence the reason I am not creating user controls. These 3 custom controls are: 1. TopNav-uses render method to display an HTML table with graphics for top navigation. 2. ImagePairs-uses prerender method to add javascript code to manage what graphic is displayed in TopNav onMouseOver and onMouseOut 3. MgrHeader-uses render method to display an HTML table with s...

Custom event for Custom server control
  Hi All, I have a custom server control (Multi selection drop downlist). This control contains AspxEditButton control(which is like textbox with button), check box list control and panel.I have to display all selected values in AspxEditButton at control is leaving that panel. How can i create LostFocus event for panel . Please anyone help meRegards, Anu All I can think of, is that there is a javascript "onblur" you could look into, maybe you could use some AJAX techniques to make that JavaScript event fire a server side ev...

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

Custom Events in Custom Server Control
 Hi There I've created a custom server control. I have extended it by adding my own event which fires in one of the aggregated control's event handlers. My probelms is that I would like to be able to specify the event handler for the event from the aspx file as a tag attribute.Does anyone know how to link the attribute of a customer server control tag in the aspx file to a custom event in the class source for the control?   I've done this several times with Custom Controls.  All I do is declare the event in the CustomControl's class public...

Web resources about - Changing the toolbox display name of a custom control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Changing room - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A changing room , locker room , dressing room (usually in a sports, theater or staff context) or changeroom (regional use) is a room or area ...

Beyond Timeline: The Changing Face Of Facebook Ads
Despite the hype, timeline may not be the most exciting, or important change coming on March 30. Expanded advertising opportunities may unlock ...

Robert Scoble - Micromedia, how it's changing what we blog - Facebook
Jeremiah Owyang wrote an interesting piece about micromedia and how it's changing what we do on blogs and how we distribute media (er, ideas, ...

8 Ways the Changing Facebook Home Page Will Affect Application Virality
For developers who live and die by the changes Facebook makes to the way information flows through the service, every little Facebook tweak has ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing Jobs
... your profile is a clue to the folks at LinkedIn that you’re thinking of switching jobs, so don’t be The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...