Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

 I want to add .NET Control (like: TextBox, Button...) to Web Custom Control.

How i can do it?

Alphavn
0
alphavn

That's called a composite control

gunteman
3/5/2008 1:07:55 AM

Hello Guys

What gunteman said, that is one approach and in most cases the right one.
But its also possible to add child controls to a Control thats inherit from WebControl itself.

Be sure to implement INamingContainer to that inherited Control too, thats the important point of that approach.

--
Microsoft MVP - Visual Developer ASP / ASP.NET

- http://www.aspnetzone.de/blogs/peterbucher/ - Auf den Spuren von .NET
0
Peter

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Custom User Controls v. Custom Web Controls
Hi! Is it better for me to begin coding my controls instead of just designing them? What would the benefits be? I meen, i seem to be able to get all i need from just putting stuff together on an ASCX file but i'm obviously missing a huge concept here... please explain! Hi, creating user controls is indeed easier than creating custom server controls because you can simply drag & drop other controls on the form, easily add events to it, ... Custom controls however are better when you want to reuse them in several other projects. I like to create custom controls for small, reusable com...

Architecture: .Net Controls vs. Custom Controls
I'm interested in managing users. i.e. Logins and profiles, etc.My question is, should I be using things like the Login control or should I program these from scratch? I dont like the fact that .NET creates so many things for me. This level of abstraction terrifies me and it feels like I have no control over the code .I've done a few huge sites in Classic ASP (million-hits-per-day type sites) and I'm not sure how robust certain controls are, or when to use them.Is, for example, the Login control aimed at newbies to .NET? Should it be used for the larger projects with thousands of...

DW control in VB. NET custom control
Hi Just attempting to investigate some DW.NET aspects. In regards to building a ancestor object with VB.NET, why is when I create a datawindowcontrol custom control that any reference to it is like (assuming that u_dw is the name of the DW control): custom_control.u_dw.DatawindowObject = "myDW" instead of simply: u_dw.DatawindowObject = "myDW" If I create a .NET custom control with a button on it, I can directly reference the button's methods and properties without having to qualify it with the custom control's name. When I was developing with po...

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

Web resources about - Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Out-of-control car hits Ballajura pedestrians and puts four teens in hospital
Four teenagers were injured in Ballajura on Saturday night when an out-of-control car careered into them.

Is Hillary Clinton sorry she reacted to the San Bernardino massacre with a call for more gun control ...
... "Gun safety" has traditionally meant handling your guns safely, but now it's supposed to mean what has more commonly been called "gun control." ...

Obama renews call for gun control after mass shooting
In wake of San Bernardino attack, president, Republicans float their solutions to combat terror threats

Porsche To Mission E Control: We Are Clear For Launch!
... handling of a Porsche. The contrast seemed to start early cries of the Mission E being the next Tesla [&hellip Porsche To Mission E Control: ...

EU could soon have border controls
EU ministers have agreed to press ahead with plans to suspend the Schengen passport-free travel zone, the FT reports.

RoJo Avoided Vote On Gun Control Bill
On Thursday, the US Senate voted on the Manchin-Toomey gun control bill. The bill, which would have required background checks on guns sold at ...

Obama Calls Gun Control ‘A Matter Of National Security’
Obama Calls Gun Control ‘A Matter Of National Security’

Open thread for night owls: First U.S. birth control clinic lasted just 10 days before being raided
... Parenthood Only Lasted for 10 Days but Started a Revolution . An excerpt: During her time in Europe, Sanger had seen Norwegian birth control ...

San Bernardino Shooting: National Rifle Association rubbishes Obama's gun-control appeal
San Bernardino Shooting: National Rifle Association rubbishes Obama's gun-control appeal - Hitting out at Barack Obama for politicising the incident, ...