Absolute Path to be rendered by a control

Hi,

    Actually i am creating one user control(ASCX) by droping a grid in it. Now i am generating the html of this user control as follows:

Page page = new Page();

try

{

Control control = page.LoadControl(@"~/testGridUC.ascx");

HtmlForm htmlForm = new HtmlForm();HtmlGenericControl htmlGenericControl = new HtmlGenericControl("DynamicUserControl");

htmlGenericControl.Controls.Add(control);

htmlForm.Controls.Add(htmlGenericControl);

page.Controls.Add(htmlForm);

page.DataBind();

System.IO.
StringWriter writer = new System.IO.StringWriter();HttpContext.Current.Server.Execute(page, writer, true);

output = writer.ToString();

writer.Close();

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

throw ex;

}

return output;

         Everything above is going fine except the HTML generated for the user control contains Relative Path rather than Absolute Path. for e.g.:

 <script id="dxis_1523228171" src="/GridViewDrillDownJQueryAjax/WebResource.axd?d=vqlDqaaIZtadaaunkWx54r6zWhBjsjhBO6BX_QtHPd2xaA9bug0DvRPbuv8d8OvRpwkwEtNhSotpUwcfw2dm2b90H42oDRPdDQSjpXmkTTI1&amp;t=633654491430963222" type="text/javascript"></script>

  What i want it tobe something like this:

 <script id="dxis_1523228171" src="http://localhost:2512/GridViewDrillDownJQueryAjax/WebResource.axd?d=vqlDqaaIZtadaaunkWx54r6zWhBjsjhBO6BX_QtHPd2xaA9bug0DvRPbuv8d8OvRpwkwEtNhSotpUwcfw2dm2b90H42oDRPdDQSjpXmkTTI1&amp;t=633654491430963222" type="text/javascript"></script>

  so that it gets the resources from the absolute path rather than looking the resources locally.

Any help will be highly appreaciated.

 Thanks,

Burhan Ghee

0
anisghee

anisghee:
 <script id="dxis_1523228171" src="/GridViewDrillDownJQueryAjax/WebResource.axd?d=vqlDqaaIZtadaaunkWx54r6zWhBjsjhBO6BX_QtHPd2xaA9bug0DvRPbuv8d8OvRpwkwEtNhSotpUwcfw2dm2b90H42oDRPdDQSjpXmkTTI1&amp;t=633654491430963222" type="text/javascript"></script>

Where's the code rendering this tag? Is it in your user control? Could you provide the code? If it's rendered by built-in controls that is used in your user control it's difficult to change it. An option is to override the Page, like below:

public class MyPage : Page {protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

{

StringWriter sw = new StringWriter();

HtmlTextWriter htw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw);

base.Render(htw);

string s = sw.ToString();writer.Write(s.Replace("WebResource.axd", http://localhost:1234/Secure/WebResource.axd));

}

}

Then use MyPage instead of Page in your code.

Sincerely,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Allen

Using a server control in the rendering a custom control
Hi. I have a custom control that overrides the Render method to draw itself.  Is it possible to use a server control (asp:Image, wwHoverPanel, etc.) inside such a custom control or would I have to rewrite my custom control as a composite control? I'd like to do something something like:protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter w) { w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Table); w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Tr) w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Td) // somehow place asp:Label here w.RenderEndTag(); // column w.RenderEndTag(); // row ...

Custom Server Control to render multiple Controls
I have a need to build a reusable "Custom Server Control" that will in turn render multiple controls at runtime. The four controls I need it to render are as follows  <asp:Label ID="divLogin" runat="server" Text=" | " /> <asp:LoginStatus CssClass="footer" ID="LoginStatus1" runat="server" LogoutPageUrl="Default.aspx" /> <asp:Label ID="divAdmin" runat="server" Text=" | " /> <asp:HyperLink CssClass="footer" ID="btnAdmin" NavigateUrl=&...

How to render a repeater control in the custom server control?
 How to render a repeater control in the custom server  control because there is a lot of element inside the repeater control? My code is as follows: <div> <asp:Repeater ID="rptFields" runat="server"> <HeaderTemplate> <table> </HeaderTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <tr> <td><%# Eval("Prompt") %>:</td> <td><asp:PlaceHolder ID="plControl" runat="server" /> <input type="...

How to Render controls within an UpdatePanel in a Custom Server Control
Hi,Im writting a CompositeControl that contains a few UpdatePanels (TabContainer with an UpdatePanel on each TabPanel to make Tab control panels load "on-demand"). I want to control the renderring of the controls within the UpdatePanel's ContentTemplateContainer.How should I implement the render method of my CompositeControl?Should I use a custom UpdatePanel (inherit from UpdatePanel and override the RenderContents method)? is there a simpler solution? (because I need a different "render" for each tab panel....)Thanks Tal88 Hi, I want to control the renderring o...

Render a server control is faster than render a user control?
Render a server control is faster than render a user control? If there is many server side controls.   Thank you very much.As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Usually the decision on what to use Custom Server Controls or User Controls goes back to your need and to the usage of the control itself. So if a control might be used in several projects, then go for a Custom Server Control, else go for a User Control which is easier to develop for sure. After all, both are control containers, which include child controls, and any page...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

Custom Server Control with Child Controls
I have a custom server control <xx.Parent... /> which parses custom child controls <xx.Child... />. In Visual Studio 2008, IntelliSense shows me both when I start typing my control namespace. How can I prevent the child control from showing up in IntelliSense  unless I'm adding it within the parent tags?Thanks. --Rudy...

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

handling events for controls in custom server control
Hi,     I am having a problem in using server controls in ASP.Net, with C#.  I am trying to create a server control which contains 2 other server controls that I created (Called MyImageButton).  MyImageButton extends the standard ImageButton with some other properties & methods that I needed.  It therefore also has the 'OnClick' event.  From the original server control, I would like to handle the Click event for these 2 image buttons in the same server control.  Basically, this server control will show 2 images, ascending and descendin...

Web resources about - Absolute Path to be rendered by a control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Absolute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Absolute Radio (@absoluteradio) on Twitter

Absolute Abs on the App Store on iTunes
Get Absolute Abs on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Danny Green calls Rumblr fight app an 'absolute disgrace'
In 1999, the first rule was to not talk about it. In 2015, you can sign up for it through LinkedIn.

Myanmar election: Aung San Suu Kyi's NLD party takes absolute majority in parliament
Aung San Suu Kyi claims an historic victory in Myanmar, with her NLD party securing a majority to govern.

Donald Trump: Most of The Media Are ‘Absolute Scum’
In a rousing campaign speech in Mt. Pleasant, SC tonight, GOP front-runner Donald Trump explained his call to prevent muslims from entering the ...

Open Thread: 80s Nostalgia Is the Absolute Worst
Pataki just said he would restart the Star Wars missile defense program to defend against radical Islam. #RJCForum — Josh Rogin (@joshrogin) ...

The absolute worst ads of 2015
It's actually been a reasonably decent year for ads, as there hasn't been anything as godawful as 2013's creepy Galaxy Gear ad or Sprint's tragicomic ...

Putin Praises `Absolute Leader' Trump as Colorful, Talented Guy
President Vladimir Putin hailed Donald Trump as the “absolute leader” in the U.S. presidential contest, praising the candidate’s talk about building ...

Mike Huckabee: Build a Coalition to ‘Bomb the Absolute Stink’ out of ISIS, Follow With Troops
GOP presidential candidate former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is blasting President Obama and explaining if elected he would combat ISIS.