Right to left dynamic vertical menu with CSS Friendly Control Adapters.

.net 2.0

I'm trying to apply CSS Friendly Control Adapter for my right to left dynamic menu (<asp:menu> .net 2.0)

It is not a standard menu (first static menu level is placed in the right part of the page, and next levels open up to the left (toward the center of the page) and not to the right (outside of the page in this case)

I usually make it putting < asp:menu > inside a < td > with attribute dir=rtl  for example:

< td dir=rtl width=264 align=left style = 'height:164; background-image:url (imag/fondoMenu.gif)'; >

    <asp:Menu ID="Menu3" runat="server" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource3"  .........................

It works fine with standard .net rendering metod. How to get this effect with CSS Friendly Adapters ?, is possible to deploy list (ul li) from right to the left ?

Any ideas?

0
urbanlen
9/1/2006 3:13:32 PM
asp.net.css-control-adapters 905 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Menu Control and CSS "Friendly" Adapter
 Here's my situation, I've been searching for about 2 weeks to try to do this without any luck. My limited knowledge of ASP doesn't help but I should have found an answer by now because it seems so simple. So here it is. I'm using the menu control and the CSS Friendly Control Adapters 2.0 to make it a bit easier to apply CSS to. ShowStartingNode is set to false because I want to see the whole menu. I have the menu just how I want it. Now, I want to be able to hide certain nodes in the menu. Not so users cant access them (some people have suggested using access cont...

Reagrding using FILTER in (MenuExample.css) CSS adapter classes for Menu control
Hello everyone, Whenever I use filter: in any of the CSS calss for the MENU control using CSS adapters, it only renders the first level of the menu, all subsequent levels are not even displayed. I want to use filter for some transparency effect, but using it is not rendering any child menu's. Following is a example - .PrettyMenu .AspNet-Menu-Vertical { position:absolute; top: 87px; left: 0px; width:200px; z-index: 300; filter:alpha(Opacity=50); } Now it only shows first level and rest of the menus are not displayed, if I remove filter, it works fine but without transparency. Rep...

CSS Friendly Control Adapters not support dynamically created rows in GridView?
I have a dynamically created row in GridView control. But it will not appear when I use CSS Friendly Control Adapter. I have to set adapterenabled=false to make it work. But I will loss all the table style in this way. Any better ideas to solve this problem? This is the code behind to add a new row.protected void GridView3_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e) {GridViewRow insertedRow = new GridViewRow(GridView3.Rows.Count, GridView3.Rows.Count, DataControlRowType.DataRow, DataControlRowState.Normal); TableCell cell = new TableCell();cell.Text = " hello"; cel...

has anyone able to use the Friendly css menu control/adapter.kit
I recently download this kit but 'm bit loss on how to get it to setup  a menu control/ navcontrl .Is there anyone  could point me in the right direction  on this kit. I was thinking of just going out and purchase a menu/nav control software but i was told i can do alot with this and best of all it's free Did you read the walkthrough? It needs some steps to get it to work (copying script and css files etc.) so the project was taken over and is now hosted on codeplex. The main difference right now is that the download from codeplex is easier to install becau...

CSS Friendly Adapters, Menu Control vs. DTML Jquery scripts, etc.
I am looking to have a general-purpose multilevel menu.  I have played with the CSS Friendly Adapters and got the menu control working, but should I just use one of the DHTML/JQuery opensource menus that are widespread?  Does using the CSS Friendly .NET menu control really gain me any advantage to offset the headache involved?  Maybe I can just insert my own server-side tags in the DHTML/JQuery menus.  I need some objective advice please!Tx,Matt Go Jquery.  I put a jquery menu on my site master page now I have jquery available on every page. google provides d...

CSS Friendly Control Adapters: Menu incremental expansion of items on demand (when they are clicked)
 Hello, I read this answer by Scott Guthrie to Josh Gough question on Monday, June 26, 2006 6:51 PM at this blog http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/02/CSS-control-adapter-toolkit-for-asp.net-2.0.aspx."I know that Russ (who is working on the CSS Adapter) is looking to add call-back support to the treeview and menu that will allow incremental expansion of items on demand (so basically when they are clicked).  That should provide what you are after. " How can that ("on click" opening of a menu) be done with a menu control that is using your...

Menu Css Control Adapter
  Hi everybody, i have been working with menu css control adapter of .net 2.0, but i'm having some troubles to use it. I have a vertical menu and in forward of the menu i have a swf file (Flash). what happens is that the menu it appears in the back of the swf file and it's menu subitems is  unreachable.   How can i fix it???? Please Someone ...... Thanks in advanced... I had the same problem with my menu not displaying from my master page over the top of image in the content place holder, i got around this by putting the menu and the content in DIV with the correct Z-...

How to set selected menu(without child nodes) style with CSS friendly control adapters
How to set selected menu style for the menus that do not have child nodes. ...

Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls?
Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues? I don't think there is an esay way to make it works. This was a reply from Scott Guthrie: Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the f...

GridViewHelper AND CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Can someone help me with gridviewhelper?  What I'm trying to do is group a gridview by a column, using the GridViewHelper [http://www.agrinei.com/gridviewhelper/gridviewhelper_en.htm] by agrinei. When I try to apply grouping in a Page_Loadprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { GridViewHelper helper = new GridViewHelper(this.GridView1); helper.RegisterGroup("ShipRegion", true, true); helper.ApplyGroupSort(); }it will hide the column, but the new row with the name of a column group wont be created.I have been testing chaging some ...

CSS Adapter Menu Control Problem
I am using the CSS Adapter Menu Control. I have a menu on the page and is styled by the following CSS file:  /* This style sheet is intended to contain OFTEN CHANGED rules used when the Menu control adapter is enabled. */ /* The menu adapter renders an unordered list (ul) in HTML for each tier in the menu. */ /* So, effectively says: style all tiers in the menu this way... */ ..globalnav { font-family:Arial; font-size: 1em; z-index: 300; } /* The menu adapter generates a list item (li) in HTML for each menu item. */ /* Use this rule create the common appea...

How do I use CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I’ve been reading a lot on the CSS Friendly Control Adapters and I getting a lot of conflicting and confusing information.   There seems to be two approaches to the use of these which appears to derives from there being two implementations. An older version which involved running a vsi file which I can’t seem to find in the package. And a later method which seems to only involve adding a refrence to the dll file and adding a App_Browsers folder and placing the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file in the folder.  Here’s an example, I’m looking at a page from this site, “ASP.NET 2.0 ...

Multiple CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Greetings! I have an ASP.NET 3.5 CSS friendly menu control adapter in use that works perfectly.  However, whenever I drop down a DataList or TreeView onto the page, I am not able to apply any direct styling to the object.  And when I try changing the control to get its styling from a CSS like the menu does, that doesn't work either.  Anyone know what's going on? Thanks much, albarossa Hallo! I was able to get the TreeView to respond to style changes by copying and pasting the source code of a sample TreeView (from the MS tutorial).  However, no matter w...

ChangePassword control and CSS Friendly Adapters
 Hi, I have difficulty getting ChangePassword control to work properly, ie, user enters correct current password and valid new password, new password is updated in DB but control shows error. I appreciate that this error is caused by double postback and have read threads such as http://forums.asp.net/p/1100637/1672132.aspx detailing the solutions. How can I go about implementing the code in the above-mentioned thread? Where should I place them?  Thanks. Hi You may contact steve harman by a private email for help, However, try to use MembershipUser.ChangePass...

Web resources about - Right to left dynamic vertical menu with CSS Friendly Control Adapters. - asp.net.css-control-adapters

Search Marketing Services - Search Engine Marketing Company - Vertical Leap
For ten years Vertical Leap has led the way with fully inclusive search marketing campaigns, bringing customers reach, results and return

Vertical stabilizer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The vertical stabilizers , vertical stabilisers , or fins , of aircraft , missiles or bombs are typically found on the aft end of the fuselage ...

New Vertical Offering from Umbel Focuses on Customer Data from Facebook, Other Social Networks
Data outfit Umbel is gearing up for the holiday shopping season with a new vertical offering aimed at helping brands own customer data, gain ...

Facebook hires: Sydney vertical leads, data tools engineer, finance manager, more
Facebook removed 38 positions from its careers page this week, likely after making hires in the areas of sales, HR, finance and user operations, ...

#TheRallyTakeover - We control the horizontal. We control the vertical
We control the horizontal. We control the vertical

Vertical PR (@VerticalPR) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Vertical PR @ VerticalPR ...

Vertical Media GmbH
Welcome to the company profile of Vertical Media GmbH on LinkedIn. WHO WE ARE Vertical Media is a Berlin-based publishing house for the digital ...

What's the best way to create a vertical-specific Hacker News clone? - Quora
I actually wrote a vertical HN clone from scratch, called http://Newsley.com . We started off building an HN for economic and financial news. ...

The New York Times Is Developing New Lifestyle Verticals, Including a Movies-and-TV Product
The New York Times is working on a new digital product focused on movies and TV, among other new lifestyle verticals, CEO Mark Thompson announced ...

'Vertical farm' in Anchorage finally gets its greens to market - Alaska Dispatch News
Alaska Natural Organics made its first delivery of living basil Thursday, marking the beginning of what owner Jason Smith says is a larger effort ...