Reagrding using FILTER in (MenuExample.css) CSS adapter classes for Menu control

Hello everyone,

Whenever I use filter: in any of the CSS calss for the MENU control using CSS adapters, it only renders the first level of the menu, all subsequent levels are not even displayed. I want to use filter for some transparency effect, but using it is not rendering any child menu's. Following is a example -

.PrettyMenu

.AspNet-Menu-Vertical

{

position:absolute;

top: 87px;

left: 0px;

width:200px;

z-index: 300;

filter:alpha(Opacity=50);

}

Now it only shows first level and rest of the menus are not displayed, if I remove filter, it works fine but without transparency.

Reply will be much appreciated.

0
manny_307
7/15/2006 6:06:35 PM
asp.net.css-control-adapters 905 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Menu Divider or Seperator using CSS and or CSS adapters.
Great work on the Adapters.  I am attempting to create a menu with separator via CSS between specific items.  Please refer to http://forums.asp.net/thread/1449615.aspx for more detail with regards to plain (non css adapted) menus.  Is it possible using CSS adapters to specify a divider or separator between specific menu items, preferably using styles/css such as a border-bottom: 1px or even a 1 px high span/div tag with a background color?  Please note I don't want to apply this to all items in the menu, just specific ones.  Can this be done ...

Another menu is not displaying in IE6 using css control adapters
Hi: What am I doing wrong?I've copied the CSS, JavaScript, App_Code/Adapter folders to the Asp.net Web Site project.I've copied the App_browsers/CSSFirendlyAdapters.browser and commented out all other controlAdapters but      <adapter controlType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu"               adapterType="CSSFriendly.MenuAdapter" />The page source looks right but the menu displays on IE7, FF2 but not IE6  <div class="AspNet-Menu-Horizontal"&g...

Menu Css Control Adapter
  Hi everybody, i have been working with menu css control adapter of .net 2.0, but i'm having some troubles to use it. I have a vertical menu and in forward of the menu i have a swf file (Flash). what happens is that the menu it appears in the back of the swf file and it's menu subitems is  unreachable.   How can i fix it???? Please Someone ...... Thanks in advanced... I had the same problem with my menu not displaying from my master page over the top of image in the content place holder, i got around this by putting the menu and the content in DIV with the correct Z-...

has anyone able to use the Friendly css menu control/adapter.kit
I recently download this kit but 'm bit loss on how to get it to setup  a menu control/ navcontrl .Is there anyone  could point me in the right direction  on this kit. I was thinking of just going out and purchase a menu/nav control software but i was told i can do alot with this and best of all it's free Did you read the walkthrough? It needs some steps to get it to work (copying script and css files etc.) so the project was taken over and is now hosted on codeplex. The main difference right now is that the download from codeplex is easier to install becau...

How do I use CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I’ve been reading a lot on the CSS Friendly Control Adapters and I getting a lot of conflicting and confusing information.   There seems to be two approaches to the use of these which appears to derives from there being two implementations. An older version which involved running a vsi file which I can’t seem to find in the package. And a later method which seems to only involve adding a refrence to the dll file and adding a App_Browsers folder and placing the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file in the folder.  Here’s an example, I’m looking at a page from this site, “ASP.NET 2.0 ...

CSS Adapter Menu Control Problem
I am using the CSS Adapter Menu Control. I have a menu on the page and is styled by the following CSS file:  /* This style sheet is intended to contain OFTEN CHANGED rules used when the Menu control adapter is enabled. */ /* The menu adapter renders an unordered list (ul) in HTML for each tier in the menu. */ /* So, effectively says: style all tiers in the menu this way... */ ..globalnav { font-family:Arial; font-size: 1em; z-index: 300; } /* The menu adapter generates a list item (li) in HTML for each menu item. */ /* Use this rule create the common appea...

Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls?
Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues? I don't think there is an esay way to make it works. This was a reply from Scott Guthrie: Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the f...

Using CSS Control Adapter on an existing site
I've downloaded the CSS control adapater that is on this site and I would like to be able to apply all of the features it has in the template for a new site to an existing site, how is this done? Hi,Copy  App_Browsers folder, App_Code/Adapters, javascript and styles. No web.config changes necessary.Regards,Viktar KarpachMCTS .NET 2.0 Web Application, MCPD Web DeveloperASP.NET C# Technical Blog...

CSS Menu Adapter + Ajax Control Toolkit
Hi all, I am facing a problem while using CSS control adapters in my Ajax enabled website.Could anybody please suggest me how to move forward in this scenario.  Thanks Anuradha Well, first- what problems are you facing?"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it." — Margaret Fuller...

How do I make only one control to use CSS Adapters
I would like to have only meny control to use CSS Adapters, I guess part of the problem is that it is on the master page. I want other controls on the same page not to use CSS Adapters. Is it possible to acomplish?Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct You can specify in a .browser file that a given control uses given adapter. For example: <controlAdapters markupTextWriterType="System.Web.UI.XhtmlTextWriter" >        <adapter          controlTy...

CSS control adapters
I've just seen another thread mentioning these which reminded me that I couldn't install the blighters. A couple of questions first tho.  The VSI file that I download won't load/install, it comes up with "string cannot have zero length".  ANybody any ideas on what may be going wrong? Second question is on how these get deployed on my remote server, will I be able to use them without access to the core asp library directories (if that makes sense). To fix the VSI installer problem, see this posting, http://forums.asp.net/thread/1492405.aspx. To deploy the adapters you do not ...

CSS Control Adapters
I was thinking to implement menu like on www.auctiva.com using CSS Control Adapters. How would I do it?The enu would have two bars:1) Main bar - tabs 2 Second bar with submenu items, all links horizontallyRafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct Anybody can help?Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct ...

Css class for a specific control type in css file
hi,I have a question (might be wired). I am building a web application. I want to know how I can apply a css class to all controls of gridview type in my application same as we do for we do for any html control. Is it possible? If yes then how?Sharique udddin Ahmed FarooquiWeb Developer Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue. You might want to investigate using Theme and Skin for that purpose.  First, create a css class for your Gridview control. Create a Skin for your gridview control and set the cssclass attribute to the css class you have created. http://msdn2.mi...

How to maintain css class of server control that has it's css class changed with clientside javascript?
When I change the css class of a server-side control, it fails to maintain that class through a postback.  Has anyone done something like this before? I basically need to hide/show items on a page and maintain those visibility settings through postbacks.Here's some code that I've been working with:aspx: <asp:UpdatePanel ID="up1" runat="server"> <ContentTemplate>     <asp:Table ID="t1" runat="server">   <asp:TableRow ID="tr1" runat="server" > <asp:TableCell ID="tg1&...

Menu Control and CSS "Friendly" Adapter
 Here's my situation, I've been searching for about 2 weeks to try to do this without any luck. My limited knowledge of ASP doesn't help but I should have found an answer by now because it seems so simple. So here it is. I'm using the menu control and the CSS Friendly Control Adapters 2.0 to make it a bit easier to apply CSS to. ShowStartingNode is set to false because I want to see the whole menu. I have the menu just how I want it. Now, I want to be able to hide certain nodes in the menu. Not so users cant access them (some people have suggested using access cont...

Free design ready CSS Adapter Menu Control
If you are quite struggling with design head over at http://aspnetdesigns.blogspot.com/ and download the menu control. Free design ready CSS Control Adapters...

Formal justification for using CSS-friendly control adapters
I have been asked to create a formal document justifying the use of the menu control adapter for our banking application and detailing what code is required to run the adapters.  In addition, I have been asked to demonstrate what it would take to back out the control adapters from a production environment, should they present issues in later browser or .net releases.Concerns expressed include questions about long-term support issues and adding to the complexity of the code base.Benefits raised include cleaner, more current/semantic html, more accessible html (required to comply with Sec...

Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS
 I am trying to control the :hover css property on <asp: Button> controls. Basically the css is working correctly to set the initial look of the button, but nothing is happening when I hover over the button. Here is my code:CSS:.sidebarButton{    width: 168px;     height: 45px;     background-color: #666666;     text-align: left;    font-weight: bold;    font-family: Century Gothic;    font-size: 13pt;    color: White;    border-style: none;  ...

Adding a CSS Class AND CSS Rule to a web server control
Hi, I do not know how to add a CSS class together with a CSS rule to the new server side controls. In a normal client side control I add it  -     <input name="txtPassword" type="password" class="Input" id="SpacerBottom" /> In the server side controls the ID keyword is used now - <asp:TextBox  ID="txtPassword" runat="server" Style="z-index: 107" CssClass="Input" ></asp:TextBox> I have tried to use the name="txtPassword", but it ignores this. I would really appreciate some help on this. Many thanks, Polly Anna &nbs...

Not using the embedded css in the dll of css friendly control adaptors
I'm trying to use the CSS friendly control adaptors for menus, but I'm finding the embedded css like "Menu.css" is getting in the way.  That embedded css also appears to be added to my page AFTER my linked style sheet, so I don't think I can simply override those styles with my styles.  I've added this to my project via the precompiled dll.  Is the any way to not use or override those embedded css files?  I believe the alternative is to download the source and change or remove the css before compiling, but that's a lot harder for me.  ...

regarding assigning the css class for a menu control in c#.net
I have a menu control in my page on page load i have to check whether the page title is equal to any of the items present in the menu control if it is present i have to assign different css class for the menu control how can i achieve this can any one help me Assign the classes like this: <asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server" > <StaticSelectedStyle CssClass="MyClass" /> <DynamicSelectedStyle CssClass="MyClass" /> <Items> Select a menu item like this: foreach (MenuItem MI in Menu1.Items) ...

Right to left dynamic vertical menu with CSS Friendly Control Adapters.
.net 2.0I'm trying to apply CSS Friendly Control Adapter for my right to left dynamic menu (<asp:menu> .net 2.0)It is not a standard menu (first static menu level is placed in the right part of the page, and next levels open up to the left (toward the center of the page) and not to the right (outside of the page in this case)I usually make it putting < asp:menu > inside a < td > with attribute dir=rtl  for example: < td dir=rtl width=264 align=left style = 'height:164; background-image:url (imag/fondoMenu.gif)'; >  &nbs...

CSS Friendly Control Adapters: Menu incremental expansion of items on demand (when they are clicked)
 Hello, I read this answer by Scott Guthrie to Josh Gough question on Monday, June 26, 2006 6:51 PM at this blog http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/02/CSS-control-adapter-toolkit-for-asp.net-2.0.aspx."I know that Russ (who is working on the CSS Adapter) is looking to add call-back support to the treeview and menu that will allow incremental expansion of items on demand (so basically when they are clicked).  That should provide what you are after. " How can that ("on click" opening of a menu) be done with a menu control that is using your...

CSS Friendly Adapters, Menu Control vs. DTML Jquery scripts, etc.
I am looking to have a general-purpose multilevel menu.  I have played with the CSS Friendly Adapters and got the menu control working, but should I just use one of the DHTML/JQuery opensource menus that are widespread?  Does using the CSS Friendly .NET menu control really gain me any advantage to offset the headache involved?  Maybe I can just insert my own server-side tags in the DHTML/JQuery menus.  I need some objective advice please!Tx,Matt Go Jquery.  I put a jquery menu on my site master page now I have jquery available on every page. google provides d...

Web resources about - Reagrding using FILTER in (MenuExample.css) CSS adapter classes for Menu control - asp.net.css-control-adapters