RadioButtonList and CSS Friendly Control Adapters Newbie

I have seen several postings in this thread on the an adapter for the standard ASP.NET 2.0 RadioButtonList.  My question is, are any of these stable enough or after I implement it, am I going to come across issues that will pose significant functionality issues and if it is stable enough, what do I do with the source that is posted?

Does that mean that I open up the project for the DLL, insert the source somewhere (if so, where does it go) and the have to recompile it?  My apologies for my ignorance, I have just been exploring options for the inflexibility of the RadioButtonList control and came across this Adapter "suite".  I am not sure how to customize it for the RBL.

Thanks

Bob

------------------
Do not forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
0
bkosscus
1/7/2008 1:42:24 AM
asp.net.css-control-adapters 905 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Anyone have a response to this at all?  It's been a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Bob

------------------
Do not forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
0
bkosscus
1/20/2008 1:13:49 AM

The RadioButtonList adapter in the CodePlex release has been out there since April 2007. Since it's release there haven't been any issues posted about it on the CodePlex project site, so I'd have to assume it is rather stable.

Check out the latest CodePlex release and examine the walkthrough page for the RadioButtonList adapter to see how it renders. Ultimately, the only way to know whether there are any breaking changes is to test it on your site.

If you do find issues, post them (and fixes, if you figure them out) to the CodePlex site so we can incorporate them into the project.

- brian
- blog: www.sidesofmarch.com
0
bdemarzo
1/25/2008 1:54:08 PM

Ive downloaded and installed the 1.0 production version of the control adapters, but there doesnt seem to be one for a radioButtonList.

Have I missed something, or is there a newer version ?

0
misuk11
2/21/2008 6:23:53 PM

RadioButtonList isn't in the production version. It is in the latest source code release.

- brian
- blog: www.sidesofmarch.com
0
bdemarzo

Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls?
Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues? I don't think there is an esay way to make it works. This was a reply from Scott Guthrie: Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the f...

ChangePassword control and CSS Friendly Adapters
 Hi, I have difficulty getting ChangePassword control to work properly, ie, user enters correct current password and valid new password, new password is updated in DB but control shows error. I appreciate that this error is caused by double postback and have read threads such as http://forums.asp.net/p/1100637/1672132.aspx detailing the solutions. How can I go about implementing the code in the above-mentioned thread? Where should I place them?  Thanks. Hi You may contact steve harman by a private email for help, However, try to use MembershipUser.ChangePass...

GridViewHelper AND CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Can someone help me with gridviewhelper?  What I'm trying to do is group a gridview by a column, using the GridViewHelper [http://www.agrinei.com/gridviewhelper/gridviewhelper_en.htm] by agrinei. When I try to apply grouping in a Page_Loadprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { GridViewHelper helper = new GridViewHelper(this.GridView1); helper.RegisterGroup("ShipRegion", true, true); helper.ApplyGroupSort(); }it will hide the column, but the new row with the name of a column group wont be created.I have been testing chaging some ...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter for Repeater ?
Hello!I've simple question - is there any way to aplay this nice control to the Repeater Control ? If yes - so how?  Thanks :)  I'm confused as to why you need CSS Control Adapters for the Repeater?!?  The Css Control Adapters take the bloated markup .NET creates for its standard controls and cleans them up.  With Repeaters, there is no output unless you define it.  All you need to do is add CSS classes where you want them in your markup.When your question has been sufficiently answered, please be sure to mark your question as answered. Also, please share...

Multiple CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Greetings! I have an ASP.NET 3.5 CSS friendly menu control adapter in use that works perfectly.  However, whenever I drop down a DataList or TreeView onto the page, I am not able to apply any direct styling to the object.  And when I try changing the control to get its styling from a CSS like the menu does, that doesn't work either.  Anyone know what's going on? Thanks much, albarossa Hallo! I was able to get the TreeView to respond to style changes by copying and pasting the source code of a sample TreeView (from the MS tutorial).  However, no matter w...

CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I moved all of the membership to a web service which works fine for all of the control adapters except the Loginstatus control.  When I use it, once the website loads the adapters.dll file it kills the application trying to attach SQL Express to a database in App_Data (the folder is created if it does not exist).  No other "membership" controls have the failure and everything works fine with membership as a web service except for the loginstatus control. If I remove the adapters.browser file it all works fine.  If I remove the loginstatus adapter from the adapters.b...

Installing the CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I'm having trouble understanding on how to install the CSS Control Adapters. Could someone explain to me what I need to do? I have tried to do what the implementation said to do, but I can not get anything to work. If anyone has a step by step tutorial that would be great. No icon shows up under the My Templates in the New web Site window. I'm using Visual Studio 2005. ThanksRandy   If you are using the Microsoft release (1.0), then tutorials are available at http://www.asp.net/CSSAdapters/Default.aspx. (Personally, I don't use this release, and I don't use the Vi...

How do I use CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I’ve been reading a lot on the CSS Friendly Control Adapters and I getting a lot of conflicting and confusing information.   There seems to be two approaches to the use of these which appears to derives from there being two implementations. An older version which involved running a vsi file which I can’t seem to find in the package. And a later method which seems to only involve adding a refrence to the dll file and adding a App_Browsers folder and placing the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file in the folder.  Here’s an example, I’m looking at a page from this site, “ASP.NET 2.0 ...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter Method Benefits ?
 Hi,Can you say that, Whats benefits of this method(i.e, CSS Friendly Control Adapter) for create an web application ?Thanks... MJ_Developer  The benefit is that they create css based markup instead of using tables.While the code that asp.net is technically standards compliant it still violates the idea that we shouldnt use the table tag for layout, it should only be used to present tabular data.The benefits to using tableless, css markup is that file sizes are small, it works consistently on more browsers, its accessible to visually impaired people, etc etc etc. More eloquent li...

CSS Friendly control adapter for checkbox list
Hi, Does anyone know if there is CSS Friendly control adapter for <asp:Checkboxlist> and if not, how do I go about making one for it -bdot"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't" Hi bdotjones, just a thought:If you set the RepeatLayout property of the standard CheckBoxList to "Flow", it will render a css friendly html output.I'm not sure if an adapter could improve the output too much, at least in regards of CSS. Cheers,Juan Juan BarreraMCTSPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" o...

CSS friendly control adapter
Hi All,                     I am using a css file to control the look and feel of the treeview. The issue is the connecting lines are not showing up between nodes. Can some body point out what change needs to be done to my css.   The css content is as below:   .SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView ul li {white-space: nowrap; padding: 1px 0 1px 0; font-size:inherit;   } .SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView ul ul {margin: 2px 0 2px 10px; } .Simple...

Reagrding using FILTER in (MenuExample.css) CSS adapter classes for Menu control
Hello everyone, Whenever I use filter: in any of the CSS calss for the MENU control using CSS adapters, it only renders the first level of the menu, all subsequent levels are not even displayed. I want to use filter for some transparency effect, but using it is not rendering any child menu's. Following is a example - .PrettyMenu .AspNet-Menu-Vertical { position:absolute; top: 87px; left: 0px; width:200px; z-index: 300; filter:alpha(Opacity=50); } Now it only shows first level and rest of the menus are not displayed, if I remove filter, it works fine but without transparency. Rep...

CSS Control Adapters
I was thinking to implement menu like on www.auctiva.com using CSS Control Adapters. How would I do it?The enu would have two bars:1) Main bar - tabs 2 Second bar with submenu items, all links horizontallyRafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct Anybody can help?Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct ...

CSS control adapters
I've just seen another thread mentioning these which reminded me that I couldn't install the blighters. A couple of questions first tho.  The VSI file that I download won't load/install, it comes up with "string cannot have zero length".  ANybody any ideas on what may be going wrong? Second question is on how these get deployed on my remote server, will I be able to use them without access to the core asp library directories (if that makes sense). To fix the VSI installer problem, see this posting, http://forums.asp.net/thread/1492405.aspx. To deploy the adapters you do not ...

Web resources about - RadioButtonList and CSS Friendly Control Adapters Newbie - asp.net.css-control-adapters

A2ZMenu tutorial index page
A2Zmenu.Com Blog Tutorials Online Exam Ask Question Utility Fun @ Work Funda Contact Us About Us Loading Test Your Skill Q. Out of Boxing and ...

Quick Answers - CodeProject
Questions - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 1 Jun 2012

DaniWeb Solved Articles - Technology Publication Meets Social Media
An online discussion community of IT professionals. Forums to get free computer help and support. We are a social technology publication covering ...

.NET sample code - developer Fusion
Discover the very latest .NET sample code Out of the box, the ASP.NET list controls (CheckBoxList, RadioButtonList, DropDownList) only support ...

ConditionalRequiredTextValidator Control
The ConditionalRequiredTextValidator control allows you to specify a CheckBox, RadioButton, CheckBoxList, RadioButtonList, DropDownList, or ListBox ...

ASP.NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 Web Development Overview : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
This document provides an overview of many of the new features for ASP.NET that are included in the.NET Framework 4 and in Visual Studio 2010. ...

Gaiaware - Gaia Ajax
Home Samples Download Free Trial Buy from $195 Login Download Free Trial ASP.NET Done Right 6 reasons to use Gaia Ajax? 40 UI controls 10 aspects/behaviors ...

A2ZMenu utilities index page
A2Zmenu.Com Blog Tutorials Online Exam Ask Question Utility Fun @ Work Funda Contact Us About Us Loading Online Tool Title Description Rating ...

Online Exam papers index page
A2Zmenu.Com Blog Tutorials Online Exam Ask Question Utility Fun @ Work Funda Contact Us About Us Loading Test Your Skill Q. Out of Boxing and ...

A2ZMenu Experts Comment
A2ZMenu team is committed in providing solution in various technologies through blogs, tutorials, Q & A etc. Our objective is to give a knowledge ...