CssFriendly and tab key

Hi,

I got CssFriendly adapter to work on asp:menu in my project, however, I am having problem with accessing the menu using the tab key from the keyboard.

Without the adapter, I can tab to the menu items, then use the left/right arrows keys to move around the top level of the menu items, and down arrow key to display the second level of the items (like the hover effect from using the mouse).  With the adapter, I can't do these functions.

Do I need to customization (how?)? or am I missing something in styling the menu css control? Please help.

Thank you,
-Yung.

0
hockey123
4/29/2009 3:19:55 AM
asp.net.css-control-adapters 905 articles. 0 followers. Follow

tab key in the tab control
I have put some SingleLineEdit in the Tab Control, but when I press the Tab key , it didn't skip to the next SLE. Please kindly tell me how to solve it. Why didn't Powersoft make it more easier to map the Tab key to Enter key, such as a statement (MAP ENTERKEY:=TABKEY ?) . I think almost all worldwide users will confuse to change their habit (almost 15 years) to press the tab key instead of Enter key, cause all package application and development tools today can use both the Enter key and Tab key (you can check the Microsoft Visual Studio Products, it's simple, no need t...

Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS
 I am trying to control the :hover css property on <asp: Button> controls. Basically the css is working correctly to set the initial look of the button, but nothing is happening when I hover over the button. Here is my code:CSS:.sidebarButton{    width: 168px;     height: 45px;     background-color: #666666;     text-align: left;    font-weight: bold;    font-family: Century Gothic;    font-size: 13pt;    color: White;    border-style: none;  ...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls?
Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues? I don't think there is an esay way to make it works. This was a reply from Scott Guthrie: Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the f...

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

Edit Tab
When I click the tab edit link my editing tab page comes up. It is all aligned to the left (I want it to be centered in the portal). The drop-down menus and entry fields are all the same lengths as they should be, but the one-pixel frame that extends around some of the entry fields are longer than they should be, as if the fields are so many pixels wide and then the frame around them are set to a much larger pixel width. Can anyone tell me what controls the Edit Tabs Page so I can try to edit? I forgot to mention, I'm working with 2.1.2 and have the Snapsis 2.5 engine installed. C ...

.Net 2
Hi Friends, I want to show Different Tabs for different information on my web form ( .aspx page ). I could not found Tab Control with .net 2005. I know there is some but couldnt find it. Can you please tell me from where can I add Tab Control to my web form ? Thanks in advance, Nirav With some tedious settings of properties on the menu control, it will behave like a tab control.  Then you need to use a multiview control and fill it with views.  Then you need to wire up the menu to the multiview or something.  I tried this before and it works, but we wrote our own contro...

CSS control adapters
I've just seen another thread mentioning these which reminded me that I couldn't install the blighters. A couple of questions first tho.  The VSI file that I download won't load/install, it comes up with "string cannot have zero length".  ANybody any ideas on what may be going wrong? Second question is on how these get deployed on my remote server, will I be able to use them without access to the core asp library directories (if that makes sense). To fix the VSI installer problem, see this posting, http://forums.asp.net/thread/1492405.aspx. To deploy the adapters you do not ...

CSS Control Adapters
I was thinking to implement menu like on www.auctiva.com using CSS Control Adapters. How would I do it?The enu would have two bars:1) Main bar - tabs 2 Second bar with submenu items, all links horizontallyRafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct Anybody can help?Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct ...

Reagrding using FILTER in (MenuExample.css) CSS adapter classes for Menu control
Hello everyone, Whenever I use filter: in any of the CSS calss for the MENU control using CSS adapters, it only renders the first level of the menu, all subsequent levels are not even displayed. I want to use filter for some transparency effect, but using it is not rendering any child menu's. Following is a example - .PrettyMenu .AspNet-Menu-Vertical { position:absolute; top: 87px; left: 0px; width:200px; z-index: 300; filter:alpha(Opacity=50); } Now it only shows first level and rest of the menus are not displayed, if I remove filter, it works fine but without transparency. Rep...

CSS for tabs control
Hi!  How can i create my own skin or Css file for the new tabs control ? I can't figure out how to change the color for the onmouseover for exemple or any of the other properties. Thanks !  ...

How to make the Enter key act as the Tab key in PB 11 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I am using PowerBuilder 11 build 6525 to develop a .NET Web Forms application. I would like to make the Enter key behave like the Tab key for our end users to input data (in DataWindow and EditMask controls) inside this application. I have found that in JavaScript, something like the following code can achieve what we want: if (event.keyCode==13) {event.keyCode=9; return event.keyCode;} N.B. Enter key has the keyCode 13 while Tab key has the keyCode 9. However, it seems that all the key press related events (such as "pbm_dwnprocessenter" and &quo...

Deleting pages of tab control inside tab control
It's about Power Builder 5.0. I have one tab control and inside this other tab control with few pages. How can i delete these pages and how to get a popup menu for these tabpages ( right click shows only menu of older tab control ). I know how to perform it from older tab control and tab page but i am unable to do it when i am positioned on child tab pages. Answer me here or at marina@servomihalj.co.yu ...

Tab control tabs
Hi, Is there a way to show the tabs of a tab control on the left (instead of the default “top”)?  (Something like the “Customer & Partner Solutions” on http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx )  Thanks, Z   http://deluxe-tabs.com/file/templates/tabs-vertical-template.htmlGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ That’s nice… But I meant is it possible to do it with the AJAX tab control?  ...

Web resources about - CssFriendly and tab key - asp.net.css-control-adapters