CSS Friendly Control Adapters not support dynamically created rows in GridView?

I have a dynamically created row in GridView control. But it will not appear when I use CSS Friendly Control Adapter. I have to set

adapterenabled=false to make it work. But I will loss all the table style in this way. Any better ideas to solve this problem?

This is the code behind to add a new row.

protected void GridView3_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)

{

GridViewRow insertedRow = new GridViewRow(GridView3.Rows.Count, GridView3.Rows.Count, DataControlRowType.DataRow, DataControlRowState.Normal);

TableCell cell = new TableCell();

cell.Text = " hello";

cell.ColumnSpan = GridView3.Columns.Count;

insertedRow.Cells.Add(cell);

GridView3.Controls[0].Controls.AddAt(GridView3.Controls[0].Controls.Count - 1, insertedRow);

}

0
Perthshan
8/7/2007 7:35:59 AM
asp.net.css-control-adapters 905 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 I added   ShowFooter="True"  for my gridview and added a blank template for footer

                        DataKeyNames="photo_ID"
                        DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource3" Style="position: static"
                        CssSelectorClass="PrettyGridView"
                        ShowFooter="True" OnRowCommand="GridView3_RowCommand"

                          <Columns>

                         <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="% Return" >
                             <FooterTemplate>

                             </FooterTemplate>
                         </asp:TemplateField>

                      </Columns>
                       <FooterStyle CssClass="CELL_footer" />
                    </asp:GridView>

And in the RowDataBound Event, I can dynamically generate the content of the footer:

 protected void GridView3_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)
    {

        if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.Footer)  //draw table footer
        {

            double _total_return = Convert.ToDouble(Total_label.Text);
            String formated_total = string.Format("{0:P2}", _total_return);

                e.Row.Cells[7].Text = formated_total ;
           }

This method only for add a new row at the bottom of Gridview.

Anthoer trickey method required If you want to add subheaders in the  Gridview with CSS friendly adpater. Basically you need reformat the content of the first Cell text in the row.  But I am not sure it is a good solution.

0
Perthshan

CSS Friendly Control Adapters + GridView + Update Panel = Problem
Hi everyone,I'm using a gridview control that's bound to an object data source.  I have a couple of controls to filter the data in the gridview, and I'm able to sort and page through the data. Placing it in an UpdatePanel gives me partial page rendering and the whole page doesn't refresh - Great.  Expected behaviour and it all works very well. However, introduce a Control Adapter into the mix (http://www.asp.net/cssadapters/) and Update Panel doesn't work at all - with the whole page refreshing. If anybody can offer any help, I'd be very grateful.  I want both A...

Right to left dynamic vertical menu with CSS Friendly Control Adapters.
.net 2.0I'm trying to apply CSS Friendly Control Adapter for my right to left dynamic menu (<asp:menu> .net 2.0)It is not a standard menu (first static menu level is placed in the right part of the page, and next levels open up to the left (toward the center of the page) and not to the right (outside of the page in this case)I usually make it putting < asp:menu > inside a < td > with attribute dir=rtl  for example: < td dir=rtl width=264 align=left style = 'height:164; background-image:url (imag/fondoMenu.gif)'; >  &nbs...

CSS Control Adapter for Gridview
I am tryin to style a gridview.My site is using CSS Friendly control adapter. I am new to this. Can u guys pls help me make the gridview look better. Every time i add a div tag,i get an error that div is not a property of the gridview.If i put it to envelope the gridview, nothin happens!! Thanks.  If you left the (ID) of the GridView as GridView1 then you should be able to find <div class="AspNet-GridView" id="GridView1"> in the source when you run the page.   You can use the class to style the GridView.  You should also be able to find ot...

Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls?
Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues? I don't think there is an esay way to make it works. This was a reply from Scott Guthrie: Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the f...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter for Repeater ?
Hello!I've simple question - is there any way to aplay this nice control to the Repeater Control ? If yes - so how?  Thanks :)  I'm confused as to why you need CSS Control Adapters for the Repeater?!?  The Css Control Adapters take the bloated markup .NET creates for its standard controls and cleans them up.  With Repeaters, there is no output unless you define it.  All you need to do is add CSS classes where you want them in your markup.When your question has been sufficiently answered, please be sure to mark your question as answered. Also, please share...

What is the advantage of the CSS control adapter for the gridview?
 The Grid View has built in styling capabilities with the "HeaderStyle-CssClass" and the "ItemStyle-CssClass" attributes.  Why sould someone want to use the CSS Friendly Control Adapter for this if it has this built in capability?  The html that it produces via the adapter doesn't seem that much better than the html that it produces normally.  Is the only reason to use the adapter on the Grid View so that the output can be manually changed?  For instance,  the table that is put out by the Grid View can canged into <divs>.  ...

How do I use CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I’ve been reading a lot on the CSS Friendly Control Adapters and I getting a lot of conflicting and confusing information.   There seems to be two approaches to the use of these which appears to derives from there being two implementations. An older version which involved running a vsi file which I can’t seem to find in the package. And a later method which seems to only involve adding a refrence to the dll file and adding a App_Browsers folder and placing the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file in the folder.  Here’s an example, I’m looking at a page from this site, “ASP.NET 2.0 ...

GridViewHelper AND CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Can someone help me with gridviewhelper?  What I'm trying to do is group a gridview by a column, using the GridViewHelper [http://www.agrinei.com/gridviewhelper/gridviewhelper_en.htm] by agrinei. When I try to apply grouping in a Page_Loadprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { GridViewHelper helper = new GridViewHelper(this.GridView1); helper.RegisterGroup("ShipRegion", true, true); helper.ApplyGroupSort(); }it will hide the column, but the new row with the name of a column group wont be created.I have been testing chaging some ...

Installing the CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I'm having trouble understanding on how to install the CSS Control Adapters. Could someone explain to me what I need to do? I have tried to do what the implementation said to do, but I can not get anything to work. If anyone has a step by step tutorial that would be great. No icon shows up under the My Templates in the New web Site window. I'm using Visual Studio 2005. ThanksRandy   If you are using the Microsoft release (1.0), then tutorials are available at http://www.asp.net/CSSAdapters/Default.aspx. (Personally, I don't use this release, and I don't use the Vi...

ChangePassword control and CSS Friendly Adapters
 Hi, I have difficulty getting ChangePassword control to work properly, ie, user enters correct current password and valid new password, new password is updated in DB but control shows error. I appreciate that this error is caused by double postback and have read threads such as http://forums.asp.net/p/1100637/1672132.aspx detailing the solutions. How can I go about implementing the code in the above-mentioned thread? Where should I place them?  Thanks. Hi You may contact steve harman by a private email for help, However, try to use MembershipUser.ChangePass...

CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I moved all of the membership to a web service which works fine for all of the control adapters except the Loginstatus control.  When I use it, once the website loads the adapters.dll file it kills the application trying to attach SQL Express to a database in App_Data (the folder is created if it does not exist).  No other "membership" controls have the failure and everything works fine with membership as a web service except for the loginstatus control. If I remove the adapters.browser file it all works fine.  If I remove the loginstatus adapter from the adapters.b...

Multiple CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Greetings! I have an ASP.NET 3.5 CSS friendly menu control adapter in use that works perfectly.  However, whenever I drop down a DataList or TreeView onto the page, I am not able to apply any direct styling to the object.  And when I try changing the control to get its styling from a CSS like the menu does, that doesn't work either.  Anyone know what's going on? Thanks much, albarossa Hallo! I was able to get the TreeView to respond to style changes by copying and pasting the source code of a sample TreeView (from the MS tutorial).  However, no matter w...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter Method Benefits ?
 Hi,Can you say that, Whats benefits of this method(i.e, CSS Friendly Control Adapter) for create an web application ?Thanks... MJ_Developer  The benefit is that they create css based markup instead of using tables.While the code that asp.net is technically standards compliant it still violates the idea that we shouldnt use the table tag for layout, it should only be used to present tabular data.The benefits to using tableless, css markup is that file sizes are small, it works consistently on more browsers, its accessible to visually impaired people, etc etc etc. More eloquent li...

RadioButtonList and CSS Friendly Control Adapters Newbie
I have seen several postings in this thread on the an adapter for the standard ASP.NET 2.0 RadioButtonList.  My question is, are any of these stable enough or after I implement it, am I going to come across issues that will pose significant functionality issues and if it is stable enough, what do I do with the source that is posted? Does that mean that I open up the project for the DLL, insert the source somewhere (if so, where does it go) and the have to recompile it?  My apologies for my ignorance, I have just been exploring options for the inflexibility of the RadioButtonList c...

Web resources about - CSS Friendly Control Adapters not support dynamically created rows in GridView? - asp.net.css-control-adapters