CSS friendly control adapter - treeview issue

Hi All,

                    I am using a css file to control the look and feel of the treeview. The issue is the connecting lines are not showing up between nodes. Can some body point out what change needs to be done to my css.

The css content is as below:

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView ul li

{

white-space: nowrap;

padding: 1px 0 1px 0;

font-size:inherit;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView ul ul

{

margin: 2px 0 2px 10px;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView ul li img

{

border: none;

vertical-align: middle;

margin: 0 1px 0 0;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView li a

{

text-decoration: none;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView li.AspNet-TreeView-Leaf

{

margin-left: 1px;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView .AspNet-TreeView-ClickableNonlink

{

cursor: pointer;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView .AspNet-TreeView-Collapse

{

background: url(collapse.gif) 0 -2px no-repeat;

width: 15px;

float:left;

cursor: pointer;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView .AspNet-TreeView-Expand

{

background: url(expand.gif) 0 -2px no-repeat;

width: 15px;

float:left;

cursor: pointer;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView .AspNet-TreeView-Selected

{

background-color: #FAFAD2 !important;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView .AspNet-TreeView-ChildSelected

{

background-color: #F5FFFA !important;

}

.SimpleEntertainmentTreeView .AspNet-TreeView-ParentSelected

{

background-color: #FFE4E1 !important;

}

Thanks

Mayu

0
Mayu123
7/23/2008 10:26:45 AM
asp.net.css-control-adapters 905 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls?
Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues? I don't think there is an esay way to make it works. This was a reply from Scott Guthrie: Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the f...

GridViewHelper AND CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Can someone help me with gridviewhelper?  What I'm trying to do is group a gridview by a column, using the GridViewHelper [http://www.agrinei.com/gridviewhelper/gridviewhelper_en.htm] by agrinei. When I try to apply grouping in a Page_Loadprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { GridViewHelper helper = new GridViewHelper(this.GridView1); helper.RegisterGroup("ShipRegion", true, true); helper.ApplyGroupSort(); }it will hide the column, but the new row with the name of a column group wont be created.I have been testing chaging some ...

CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I moved all of the membership to a web service which works fine for all of the control adapters except the Loginstatus control.  When I use it, once the website loads the adapters.dll file it kills the application trying to attach SQL Express to a database in App_Data (the folder is created if it does not exist).  No other "membership" controls have the failure and everything works fine with membership as a web service except for the loginstatus control. If I remove the adapters.browser file it all works fine.  If I remove the loginstatus adapter from the adapters.b...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter for Repeater ?
Hello!I've simple question - is there any way to aplay this nice control to the Repeater Control ? If yes - so how?  Thanks :)  I'm confused as to why you need CSS Control Adapters for the Repeater?!?  The Css Control Adapters take the bloated markup .NET creates for its standard controls and cleans them up.  With Repeaters, there is no output unless you define it.  All you need to do is add CSS classes where you want them in your markup.When your question has been sufficiently answered, please be sure to mark your question as answered. Also, please share...

ChangePassword control and CSS Friendly Adapters
 Hi, I have difficulty getting ChangePassword control to work properly, ie, user enters correct current password and valid new password, new password is updated in DB but control shows error. I appreciate that this error is caused by double postback and have read threads such as http://forums.asp.net/p/1100637/1672132.aspx detailing the solutions. How can I go about implementing the code in the above-mentioned thread? Where should I place them?  Thanks. Hi You may contact steve harman by a private email for help, However, try to use MembershipUser.ChangePass...

Installing the CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I'm having trouble understanding on how to install the CSS Control Adapters. Could someone explain to me what I need to do? I have tried to do what the implementation said to do, but I can not get anything to work. If anyone has a step by step tutorial that would be great. No icon shows up under the My Templates in the New web Site window. I'm using Visual Studio 2005. ThanksRandy   If you are using the Microsoft release (1.0), then tutorials are available at http://www.asp.net/CSSAdapters/Default.aspx. (Personally, I don't use this release, and I don't use the Vi...

Multiple CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Greetings! I have an ASP.NET 3.5 CSS friendly menu control adapter in use that works perfectly.  However, whenever I drop down a DataList or TreeView onto the page, I am not able to apply any direct styling to the object.  And when I try changing the control to get its styling from a CSS like the menu does, that doesn't work either.  Anyone know what's going on? Thanks much, albarossa Hallo! I was able to get the TreeView to respond to style changes by copying and pasting the source code of a sample TreeView (from the MS tutorial).  However, no matter w...

How do I use CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I’ve been reading a lot on the CSS Friendly Control Adapters and I getting a lot of conflicting and confusing information.   There seems to be two approaches to the use of these which appears to derives from there being two implementations. An older version which involved running a vsi file which I can’t seem to find in the package. And a later method which seems to only involve adding a refrence to the dll file and adding a App_Browsers folder and placing the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file in the folder.  Here’s an example, I’m looking at a page from this site, “ASP.NET 2.0 ...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter Method Benefits ?
 Hi,Can you say that, Whats benefits of this method(i.e, CSS Friendly Control Adapter) for create an web application ?Thanks... MJ_Developer  The benefit is that they create css based markup instead of using tables.While the code that asp.net is technically standards compliant it still violates the idea that we shouldnt use the table tag for layout, it should only be used to present tabular data.The benefits to using tableless, css markup is that file sizes are small, it works consistently on more browsers, its accessible to visually impaired people, etc etc etc. More eloquent li...

CSS Friendly control adapter for checkbox list
Hi, Does anyone know if there is CSS Friendly control adapter for <asp:Checkboxlist> and if not, how do I go about making one for it -bdot"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't" Hi bdotjones, just a thought:If you set the RepeatLayout property of the standard CheckBoxList to "Flow", it will render a css friendly html output.I'm not sure if an adapter could improve the output too much, at least in regards of CSS. Cheers,Juan Juan BarreraMCTSPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" o...

CSS control adapter intermitted render issue
I am using CSS friendly control adapters. All is fine for every control except the menu control. I have the CSS file from codeplex and using the template project I have modifed the style file slightly. The CSS structure file from codeplex manages the cross browser css and the custom file manages the look at feel.Problem is that sometimes on refresh the menu loses it's styling all together????The could be very  Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNo...

RadioButtonList and CSS Friendly Control Adapters Newbie
I have seen several postings in this thread on the an adapter for the standard ASP.NET 2.0 RadioButtonList.  My question is, are any of these stable enough or after I implement it, am I going to come across issues that will pose significant functionality issues and if it is stable enough, what do I do with the source that is posted? Does that mean that I open up the project for the DLL, insert the source somewhere (if so, where does it go) and the have to recompile it?  My apologies for my ignorance, I have just been exploring options for the inflexibility of the RadioButtonList c...

Reagrding using FILTER in (MenuExample.css) CSS adapter classes for Menu control
Hello everyone, Whenever I use filter: in any of the CSS calss for the MENU control using CSS adapters, it only renders the first level of the menu, all subsequent levels are not even displayed. I want to use filter for some transparency effect, but using it is not rendering any child menu's. Following is a example - .PrettyMenu .AspNet-Menu-Vertical { position:absolute; top: 87px; left: 0px; width:200px; z-index: 300; filter:alpha(Opacity=50); } Now it only shows first level and rest of the menus are not displayed, if I remove filter, it works fine but without transparency. Rep...

CSS control adapters
I've just seen another thread mentioning these which reminded me that I couldn't install the blighters. A couple of questions first tho.  The VSI file that I download won't load/install, it comes up with "string cannot have zero length".  ANybody any ideas on what may be going wrong? Second question is on how these get deployed on my remote server, will I be able to use them without access to the core asp library directories (if that makes sense). To fix the VSI installer problem, see this posting, http://forums.asp.net/thread/1492405.aspx. To deploy the adapters you do not ...

CSS Control Adapters
I was thinking to implement menu like on www.auctiva.com using CSS Control Adapters. How would I do it?The enu would have two bars:1) Main bar - tabs 2 Second bar with submenu items, all links horizontallyRafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct Anybody can help?Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct ...

Web resources about - CSS friendly control adapter - treeview issue - asp.net.css-control-adapters

Cycle Friendly Awards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The first awards ceremony was held on 10 October 2003 and the awards have since been awarded annually. There are several categories (four initially, ...

Facebook Trying To Be More Advertiser Friendly
In an effort to gain more advertising money, Facebook has been testing ways to place more ads on pages . But the company also is doing what it ...

Enhanced Family and Children-Friendly Inflight Zone on Our New A380 Economy Main Cabin
Malaysia Airlines will soon join the league of A380 operators, when its first A380 takes to the skies on 1 July 2012. Although the national carrier ...

Facebook updates Ads Manager to make it more user-friendly
It’s no secret that Facebook is trying to make its advertising more accessible. The company has pared down its ad units and placed a focus on ...

Friendly's (@Friendlys) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Friendly's @ Friendlys U.S.A. ...

A friendly reminder about password security - Twitter Blogs
... moment to remind you of best practices... Skip to main content Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs &nbsp A friendly ...

Friendly for Facebook for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Friendly for Facebook on the App Store. Download Friendly for Facebook ...

Australia v West Indies, third Test: O'Keefe solid but outshone by Lyon on spin-friendly SCG
Spin-friendly SCG pitch gives Australia's spin twins a chance to shine amid the gloom.

Google adds a handful of family-friendly games to the Chromecast for the holidays
Looking for something fun to do with your family this holiday season? Good news - Google has just announced a handful of family-friendly games ...

Iraqi soldiers may have been hit by coalition friendly fire
CNN Iraqi soldiers may have been hit by coalition friendly fire CNN (CNN) The U.S.-led coalition will investigate after the Iraqi military ...