Cheers

0
bopo
6/12/2007 2:30:13 PM
asp.net.css-control-adapters 905 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hey bopo,

Ravi...Is totally right but sometimes a simple answer can really help. Once you have added the neccesary files to your project, in source view add (CssSelectorClass="PrettyMenu" ) to your menu control. Example .css files are included in the App_theme/ folder of the CSSfriendly Toolkit. For example if you open up the App_Theme/Basic/MenuExample.css (CSSfriendly Toolkit) and copy it to your project (preferrably your App_Theme folder and Theme Folder) these settings ".Pretty Menu" will be apply to the asp.net menu control. You will need to edit the missing picture file or add them to your project also.

Jer
0
devinmccloud
6/19/2007 7:55:22 PM

I agree with the others and want to add that you have another option:  You can download a DLL version of the CSS Adapters from http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly  so you can add this to a single project.  If you do this then by default your menu control will be the CSS friendly version instead of the stock ASP.NET html table-based menu control.

0
Sam

Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls?
Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues? I don't think there is an esay way to make it works. This was a reply from Scott Guthrie: Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the f...

Reagrding using FILTER in (MenuExample.css) CSS adapter classes for Menu control
Hello everyone, Whenever I use filter: in any of the CSS calss for the MENU control using CSS adapters, it only renders the first level of the menu, all subsequent levels are not even displayed. I want to use filter for some transparency effect, but using it is not rendering any child menu's. Following is a example - .PrettyMenu .AspNet-Menu-Vertical { position:absolute; top: 87px; left: 0px; width:200px; z-index: 300; filter:alpha(Opacity=50); } Now it only shows first level and rest of the menus are not displayed, if I remove filter, it works fine but without transparency. Rep...

CSS Control Adapters
I was thinking to implement menu like on www.auctiva.com using CSS Control Adapters. How would I do it?The enu would have two bars:1) Main bar - tabs 2 Second bar with submenu items, all links horizontallyRafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct Anybody can help?Rafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct ...

CSS control adapters
I've just seen another thread mentioning these which reminded me that I couldn't install the blighters. A couple of questions first tho.  The VSI file that I download won't load/install, it comes up with "string cannot have zero length".  ANybody any ideas on what may be going wrong? Second question is on how these get deployed on my remote server, will I be able to use them without access to the core asp library directories (if that makes sense). To fix the VSI installer problem, see this posting, http://forums.asp.net/thread/1492405.aspx. To deploy the adapters you do not ...

Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS
 I am trying to control the :hover css property on <asp: Button> controls. Basically the css is working correctly to set the initial look of the button, but nothing is happening when I hover over the button. Here is my code:CSS:.sidebarButton{    width: 168px;     height: 45px;     background-color: #666666;     text-align: left;    font-weight: bold;    font-family: Century Gothic;    font-size: 13pt;    color: White;    border-style: none;  ...

CSS Control Adapter for Gridview
I am tryin to style a gridview.My site is using CSS Friendly control adapter. I am new to this. Can u guys pls help me make the gridview look better. Every time i add a div tag,i get an error that div is not a property of the gridview.If i put it to envelope the gridview, nothin happens!! Thanks.  If you left the (ID) of the GridView as GridView1 then you should be able to find <div class="AspNet-GridView" id="GridView1"> in the source when you run the page.   You can use the class to style the GridView.  You should also be able to find ot...

CSS Unfriendly Control Adapters
I don't find these  so-called CSS friendly adapters. I'm very good using css, but I'm like working in design view the most so I can see my design as I create sites. However, design view is useless when using these controls.  I'm having extreme difficulties when using Ajax also. Am I wrong, or is it just that I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Pro to develop sites using asp.net 3.5?I just purchased VS Pro with a MSDN Subscription and paid about $3500. What a disapointment that the native controls adds everything in tables, and the CSS Friendly Controls are difficult to...

Excluding control from CSS Adapter
I use menu in two places in the website: Main menu and User Menu. While I want to use CSS Adapter for Main menu, I do not want to use CSS Adapters for USer menu. It is the same tag in both places: asp:menu. Please helpRafal Zikbay.com - Free Classifieds (Search Over 5 mln jobs on Zikbay.com) DNN Direct  According to this book:  "...once you set up your adapters to run in your project, there is no real way to turn them off. It's not as if you can say "okay, GridView1, you use the adapters. But GridView2? No way; I want to style you myself" If they are on, t...

TreeView and CSS Control Adapters
Hello All,I am using CSS control Adapter for my TreeView. The Intention is to emit <ul> and <li> tags instead of tables.But I am getting this error************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************Server Error in 'xyz' Application. The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution...

Menu Css Control Adapter
  Hi everybody, i have been working with menu css control adapter of .net 2.0, but i'm having some troubles to use it. I have a vertical menu and in forward of the menu i have a swf file (Flash). what happens is that the menu it appears in the back of the swf file and it's menu subitems is  unreachable.   How can i fix it???? Please Someone ...... Thanks in advanced... I had the same problem with my menu not displaying from my master page over the top of image in the content place holder, i got around this by putting the menu and the content in DIV with the correct Z-...

Wizard Control and CSS Adapters
Has anyone dealt with the wizard control and CSS Adapters?  I tried to create one myself, but it seems to mess with the datalist adapter already in place. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nichole...

CSS Adapters effecing other controls?
I'm using the css adapters to style the menu. It works fine. BUT: in other parts of the site, in pages without any css-friendly related stuff, menus and gridviews look wierd. Totaly different from the way they used to be before I added the css friendly adapters. I'm almost sure there is a connection. How can I make sure that a specific menu is NOT affected by the adapters? Thanks,Gili   I found this on the CSS Friendly adapters website whitepage: Disabling Adapters If you explicitly add AdapterEnabled="false" to your server-side tag, these sample adapters will attem...

How do I use CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I’ve been reading a lot on the CSS Friendly Control Adapters and I getting a lot of conflicting and confusing information.   There seems to be two approaches to the use of these which appears to derives from there being two implementations. An older version which involved running a vsi file which I can’t seem to find in the package. And a later method which seems to only involve adding a refrence to the dll file and adding a App_Browsers folder and placing the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file in the folder.  Here’s an example, I’m looking at a page from this site, “ASP.NET 2.0 ...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter for Repeater ?
Hello!I've simple question - is there any way to aplay this nice control to the Repeater Control ? If yes - so how?  Thanks :)  I'm confused as to why you need CSS Control Adapters for the Repeater?!?  The Css Control Adapters take the bloated markup .NET creates for its standard controls and cleans them up.  With Repeaters, there is no output unless you define it.  All you need to do is add CSS classes where you want them in your markup.When your question has been sufficiently answered, please be sure to mark your question as answered. Also, please share...

Web resources about - CSS Control Adapters #2 - asp.net.css-control-adapters

Adapter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An electrical adapter may enable connection of a socket used in one region to a plug used in another by offering connections for the disparate ...

AC Adapter - Replacement Laptop AC Adapters
Online shopping for laptop ac adapters at the best price.Buy cheap ac adapters for your laptop computer.

M3 Adapter
Update the firmware of the M3i Zero GMP-Z003 card to support running in new 3DS (Ver. 4.1.0-8E, Ver. 4.1.0-8J, Ver. 4.1.0-8U) and DSi (Ver 1.4.4E, ...

Bluetooth RFCOMM / SDP connection to a RS232 adapter in android
The Android API provides examples of using listenUsingRfcommWithServiceRecord() to set up a socket and createRfcommSocketToServiceRecord() to ...

Mac App Store - Power Adapter Alarm
Get Power Adapter Alarm on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

iPhone 4 Bumper + Universal Dock w/ DIY Adapter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
You cannot use the iPhone 4 dock with the bumpers on. One solution is to use the universal dock without an adapter. This is not an optimal solution, ...

FINsix Compact Laptop Adapter at CES 2014 - Engadget - YouTube
Fed up with your bulky laptop power adapters? MIT spin-off FINsix has come up with a breakthrough technology that dramatically reduces both the ...

Apple's iPhone 5 'Lightning' adapters will retail for $35 and $45, not available until October
Apple's decision to change the iPhone 5's dock connector means you'll need an adapter or two.

Travel tips: Do I need to pack a travel adapter?
Today's travellers have flown the nest of cords and plastic bits, but there is one essential gadget that cannot be underestimated.

Microsoft unveils Chromecast-like Wireless Display Adapter
Microsoft has put its spin on Google's Chromecast with a device that lets people mirror what's on their PC, laptop or smartphone wirelessly onto ...