Could not load type 'CSSFriendly.MenuAdapter' #2

Yes, I know you've probably seen this from a hundred newbies.  But I'm getting it in the Walkthru.  What am I doing wrong?  I've tried adding this to my other project, too.  I copied the dll to bin, added a reference, copied the .browser to the App_Browsers dir.  I get the same error when trying to browse.  This is simply running the local debug mode.  Thoughts?
0
end
4/27/2009 6:04:21 PM
asp.net.css-control-adapters 905 articles. 0 followers. Follow

rtpHarry
4/27/2009 10:34:48 PM
Wow, thanks for that - I never would have thought to use google.  However, none of the previous posts actually solve the problem - which is why I posted.
0
end

Could not load type 'CSSFriendly.MenuAdapter'
Hi All, I'd like to use the CSS Friendly Adapter for my ASP .NET Menu control. I don't want to install the whole overloaded kit and therefore I just refrenced the CSSFriendly.dll and created the App_Browsers folder with CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser adapter. Unfortunately, I get the above mentioned error. It might be a tiny step I forgot... Could someone give me a hint? Best regards Nearshore Is the CSSFriendly.dll available in the bin folder?Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” so I know if my answer was good enough for you. Thanks....

Cannot load type '' in assembly ''
Can't over emphasize how MUCH time I have wasted on this one.... I've got an app that has refs to components A, B, and C.  A references B and C, and B references C.  I updated C but VS keeps replacing it with the previous version!  I've deleted all temporary files, backup files, websie cache, component C from the bin directory, and rebooted.  Somehow VS keeps resurrecting the previous version of the dll (where it's getting it I absolutely do NOT know!)  I seriously want to chuck VS out the window when I go round and round with crap like this! &nbs...

Trying to load user control Dynamcially but getting error " Control 'ctl02_GridView1' of type 'GridView' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server"
I am tired of this error and now writing a post.  My Web application has two pages. Page one has drop down list which redirect the page to another page . where I am going to load the usercontrol dynamically according to the choice of the user.     protected void ddlViewReport_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)  { if (ddlViewReport.SelectedIndex == 1) { Session["ReportType"] = ddlViewReport.SelectedIndex; Response.Redirect("RepReportingPage.aspx"); int crosspagevalue = ddlViewReport.SelectedIndex; } if (ddlViewReport.SelectedIndex == 2) {...

Cannot convert type 'type' to 'type'

''''''''''''''''''''

Extender controls of type 'AjaxControlToolkit.DragPanelExtender' cannot extend controls of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl'.
Hi, I'm getting this error when trying to port an old Atlas Web App to use the latest bits - any help would be nice as to what controls I CAN extend - so if I can't use a DIV what then?: Server Error in '/GRintranets' Application. Extender control 'DragPanelExtender1' cannot extend 'divPaginaHTML'. Extender controls of type 'AjaxControlToolkit.DragPanelExtender' cannot extend controls of type 'System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more informati...

Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid. #2
I think this is a bug, the database of Products are allowed to have "Null" Value, but when you do have one, the store is crashed with subjected message, I have found a solution to use View to change the Null value into something when run the SQL store procedure, but I don't know if is there anyway from "Class" side to solve it. Always check for Null before trying to convert the value to a string or assign to a text or label. Try this: If Not(IsDbNull(drProducts("foo"))) Then ...insert your code to display here... End If mix it up! www.devalch...

Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid. #2
i have an login page which use e-mail address and password to login , once the system comfirm this is valid login it get customer details and in my login page i have the following code Dim loginsystem As onlineshop.Customers = New onlineshop.Customers() Dim customerId As String = loginsystem.customer_login(login.email_address, login.password) If customerId <> "" Then Dim customerDetails As onlineshop.customer_Detail = loginsystem.Get_Customer_Details(customerid) and at the onlineshop.customer_detail function i have the following ...

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid #2
i have with my DB fetch content is Ogject class so i am not use any dataset or datatable but i have problem when field in DB is empty i can insert DBNull in string like this curr.visible = r("visible") curr.title = r("title")curr.description = r("description") curr.price = r("price")   how can i  solve this problem without put if with every insert code fedailr:curr.visible = r("visible") curr.title = r("title")curr.description = r("description") curr.price = r("price") So I assume r ...

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid #2
I'm getting a error message saying: Server Error in '/' Application. Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.Source Error: Line 113: </h3> Line 114: ...

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Boolean' is not valid. #2
Hi,  i got the error message while running in the application-"Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Boolean' is not valid."  <asp:TemplateField>                    <EditItemTemplate>                        <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox1" runat="server" Checked='<%# Bind("fldactive") %>' />...

Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'Integer' is not valid. #2
Hello every one.I have a store database procedure that give me back this error: "Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'Integer' is not valid" How can I get where is exactly the error....???TIA  This seems to be a .NET exception. Post the code how you pass values to the parameters and execute the stored procedureWelcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38 HiIn the procedure you can use the following coe for the null field Isnull(Fieldname,"value when the field is null") Hope this helpsVikram Vikr...

Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid #2
G'day, Puzzled by this. The error occurs on the field "Mobile" yet its format is exactly the same as the other fields. In otherwords I can remove the line of code dealing with "Mobile" and it will function. Can anyone explain? The error is : Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid. <%#ifPresent("Phone:",Container.DataItem("Phone"))%> <%#ifPresent("Fax:",Container.DataItem("Fax"))%> <%#ifPresent("Mobile:",Container.DataItem("Mobile"))%> <%#ifPre...

Web resources about - Could not load type 'CSSFriendly.MenuAdapter' #2 - asp.net.css-control-adapters