I am getting mixed messages from the asp.net website hosting providers - some say they do not support Crystal Reports due to a $25,000 per cpu licensing fee, others say all I need to do is install Crystal Reports XI (about $500) on a dedicated server and it will run fine.

Will Reports developed with the embeded Crystal Reports in VS 2005 run in a Crystal Reports XI environment?

Thanks.

0
gunderj

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Converting VS 2003 Crystal reports to VS 2005 crystal reports
Hello,     I have converted a VS 2003 project that has few Crstalreports in it to VS 2005. All the dlls got converted good except the Crystalreports part. I have a sub routine called ExportReport() in a page called GenerateReport.aspx page in VS 2003 which generates the report in a word or excel etc... based on what user selects.   Tthe first line I have is Dim myReport as new CrystalReport1 and this works perfect in VS 2003. But when I converted the entire project to VS 2005 it CrystalReport is not recognised by the IDE and I see a blue line underneath. ...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Dynamically Calling Crystal Report from .net 2005 with no crystal login
Most of us develop .net applications and will try to integrate thecrystal reports with the applications.  I tried all possbile options,and succesfully implemented them. I would like share some of them withyou all.  Environment Visual Studio 2005 and Crystal Report XI. 1. Create a Crystal Report as usual in Visual studio 2005 .net   using ODBC connection. In this example "CrystalReport.rpt"   2. Create a aspx web form to display the report.  This form will   be a place holder for crystal report. 3. In design mode, drag and drop Crystal Report ...

Custom Parameter Form Crystal Reports XI with VS 2005 .net
In my last article http://forums.asp.net/thread/1604518.aspx I gave some tips about how to call crystal reportfrom VS 2005 .net.  This time, we will see how to develop a customparameter asp.net form to n,lal defalult form. This technique will allow developers to control the parameters in asp.net page. Environment VS 2005 VB.netSQL Server 2000 I used the "Pubs" database for this example and created one procedure with 1 parameter. PROCEDURE dbo.SP_Author_by_ST   ( @vstate char(2) ) AS  SET NOCOUNT ON select au_lname, au_fname from authors where stat...

Crystal Report in VS.NET 2005
Can somebody tell me how i can instantiate a CrystalReport in ASP.NET page. Acutally in 2003 version each crystal report has its .cs file but in 2005 .cs file is missing. ReportClass oRpt; oRpt = new Reports.rptCrystal Report ( ); oRpt.Load(); oRpt.SetDataSource(dataset); rptViewer.ReportSource = oRpt; It was working fine but i have converted this into VS.NET 2005 version its is throwing exception "Unable to find the report in the given manifest , build the project and try again like this ". Can somebody tell me how i can instantiate the crystal report in VS.NET 2005 as i did  in...

Crystal Reports Licensing and VS.Net 2005
I have been researching licensing information for Crystal Reports, and I have come across contradicting answers.   We currently have Visual Studio 2005, which comes with Crystal Reports.  I read that this version can have only 5 concurrent users viewing reports.  I am currently developing a internal ASP website that our 75+ employees will be using.  The reports will be part of the project and stored in something like ~reports/ folder. My question is when the project gets deployed (remember internal only) do we need to buy licensing for Crystal reports, or are we...

Web resources about - VS .net 2005 Crystal reports ok to run on Crystal Reports XI? - asp.net.crystal-reports

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

Wellington, the town in NSW where crystal meth costs less than beer
One NSW town is so overrun by the drug ice that it is known as "little Antarctica", and police say children as young as 10 are experimenting. ...

Steve McClaren irate after Newcastle United's humiliating loss to Crystal Palace
Steve McClaren will haul his embattled Newcastle squad in for an extra training session on Sunday following their humiliating defeat at Crystal ...

Whoomp! There It Is Crystal Pepsi Is Coming Back
PepsiCo has made it official: Crystal Pepsi is coming back, but only for a limited time via a sweepstakes. The marketer hinted at a comeback ...

Crystal Security is a compact cloud-based malware detector
... with real-time protection and you’re generally weighing down your system with services, drivers, DLLs, background processes and more. Crystal ...

Former CIA Chief Morell: ‘Crystal Clear’ Obama’s ISIS Strategy Is Not Working
Former CIA Chief Morell: 'Crystal Clear' Obama's ISIS Strategy is Not Working

Crystal Lake man, 18, killed kitten over fight about bong: prosecutor
The 18-year-old man accused of killing a kitten with his bare hands had become enraged during an argument with his sister over a bong, a prosecutor ...

Crystal Pepsi makes a comeback
Crystal Pepsi is making a comeback just in time for the holiday season, but there is a catch.

Coke-Funded Anti-Obesity Group Goes The Way Of Crystal Pepsi
The Global Energy Balance Network, a supposed anti-obesity organization that was heavily criticized for not only receiving more than $1 million ...

Casey Wilson & June Diane Raphael Set Elizabeth Laime Comedy ‘Crystal’ At ABC
... duo, USB alums June Diane Raphael and Casey Wilson , have teamed with comedy writer/podcaster and fellow USB-er Elizabeth Laime for Crystal ...