Visual Studio .NET Standard Edition & Crystal Reports?

Hello!

Does anyone know if i can connect a copy of the Crystal Reports Standard edition that goes for (180.00) to the Visual Studio C# Standard Edition that sells for (109.00)?
Thanks much!
bobk
0
bobk544

I don't think so like you want it to work.  The Standard Edition does not include viewer APIs--it's meant mainly for report designers, assuming the organization has some viewer app in production.  The C# Standard Edition does not include CR .NET, either--that's bundled with the full VS .NET.

There is a link to the V10 features chart on this page:
http://www.businessobjects.com/jump/v10/default.asp
I am not the final authority on this subject, so I'm judging from the features list and past experience.
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

using Crystal Report 8 with Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition
Hi I am using Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard Edition. I also have Crystal Reports. I have been able to access Crystal Reports in window application. I do not know how to use Crystal Reports in web based application. Can anybody help  Dashisht Hi, I am not sure what the options are with CR 8 as far as integrating into ASP.net is concerned. I have integrated 8.5, and had to do it via legacy ASP support, and I suspect that version 8 will be the same. I presume that with version 8 in winforms you had to use it via the ActiveX? I am not sure on your product options, but versions of ...

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

MSSQL to Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
I am somewhat new to crystal reports and I am having problems understanding how to get data from MSSQL into a Crystal Report.  I was able to connect and pull data once I setup an ODBC datasource.  Is there no native way to connect to an MSSQL datasource from Crystal Reports? Cheers here's an example off calling an crystal report, and filling it up with a dataset: using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebC...

Crystal Reports in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net
Hello guysI am wondering if somebody knows if  there is any benefit buying Crystal Reports 2008, it is included in MS Visual Studio 2005 (I beleive in VS 2008 as well)?I can create Web reports with VS.net 2005 and I am not sure what advantage is having Crystal reports 2008 as separate product.I need to make reports for the management, and I use Visual studio to prepare Web reports on the intranetCan somebody tell me which is the best way to achieve that? Thanks If you are developing in VS 2005, you don't need the full version of Crystal Reports 2008 for your every day,&n...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

How to use Crystal Reports.Net with Visual Studio 2005?
Hi. I am new user of visual 2005 and crystal report.net. I will appriciate if someone can answer my question. 1. Can I use Crystal Report.Net came with Visual Studio 2005 to deploy web application? 2. Can someone provide simple sample code asp.net 2.0 application in VB to implement crystal report (using pubs table in sql 2000 or sql 2005). That is, to show crystal report page of "select top 20 * from employee (pubs db)" 3. Do I have to have report designer to develop crystal report page? 4. Can I use crystal report.net for production use? (licensing) 5. Is it limited or unlim...

Can we generate crystal reports programmatically using embedded crystal reports designer in visual studio ide?
I have a requirement like i have to generate crystal report based on the user's requirements during runtime?Can u suggest me how to do?...

Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?
I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated. Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.   Eric Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand? Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe. Can u tell me some third party reporting programs a...

Web resources about - Visual Studio .NET Standard Edition & Crystal Reports? - asp.net.crystal-reports

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Leader Standard
Former England striker Beattie, a former team-mate of Monk's at Southampton, was appointed first-team coach this summer, with his prime responsibility ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

Universities defend standards but condemn imperfect ATARs
University chiefs are publicly condemning the ATAR system amid an outcry that many students in NSW were being admitted to study without meeting ...

Financial advisers say new standards could push thousands to quit
Thousands of financial advisers might quit the industry if the government pushes ahead with plans to make advisers hold degree-equivalent qualifications ...

Standard Of Review: Showtime’s ‘Billions’ Shows Promise
It's not without flaws, but Billions has a strong group of actors and an interesting premise.