View report from the crystal report server using .NET

Hi,

I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?

Thanks.

0
AhXue

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i remove this prompt. There is a property called "DatabaseLogonPrompt" but if i set it to false. The report will no show up telling me the parameters are incorrect. So the password has to be entered in the code but where i dont know. Build the report method: The crystal report i built in this manner. 1) Added Crystal Report from add new item2) Followed the instructions 3) Chose to create a new connection4) OLE DB5) OLEDB provider for SQL Server6) Input servername,id, password and database name from combo this created the report I installed IIS on my local pc having win xp sp2. Also have Sql express 2005 on the same machine. So i need to find a way to remove the prompt. Found codes but it was either windows applicaiton with C# or web application in vb. I want code for C# web application or website in C#. I relatively new to ASP.net as i finished my .net at the end of last mo...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Viewing report from crystal report server
Hi all,I was new to crystal report, and my supervisor want me to using our e-Application (ASP.NET) to access the crystal report server and view the report from the server. Is that possible???Please can someone help me?? Thanks. Crystal Reports for VS .NET was designed to be used in ASP.NET Web applications so it definetly can be done.  There are tons of online documentation/samples available to get you started, including documentation installed in MSDN.  You just need to start looking at the documentation to get you started!  :-) Hi, Thanks for your information...

How to create Report Letter with multiple pages in C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS2008
Hi experts, I’d like to have some helps from you guys. I need to create an app with C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS 2008 for a Landscape & Nursery company.  The company will send out coupon letters to some customers who purchased something from the company within past 12 months. Users will get customers’ info from database using zip code. I have a drop-down control to populate all the eligible zip codes. The following 8 data fields will be retrieved from database; FirstName, LastName, Address1, Address2, City, State, ZipCode, and PreviousPurchased. I have a pre-defined Crystal Report Letter Template, something like: [Address1],[Address2],[City], [State], [ZipCode] Dear [FirstName] [LastName] Thank you for purchasing [PreviousPurchased], blah, blah……….. blah, blah……At the bottom of the letter is 15% off coupon for your next purchasing. blah, blah…… The coupon letter's format and content are fixed. At the very bottom of the letter is an image 15% off coupon. The only differences are the data field with the square [ ], the customers’ info. When a user select a ZipCode, for example, 92649 (Huntington Beach) returns 30 customers, the user clicks on print button, can print 30 coupon letters, and 90895 (Carson) returns 45 customers, the user can print 45 coupon letters. I know the Crystal Report.Net can create Form Letter, but just don’t know how to. There are too many samples out there for the tabulate kind reports. But I can not find a single sample for R...

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

Bind crystal reports / sql reports to ADO.NET
Hi,  I'm a beginner trying to find out if it's possible to directly connect an sql report/crystal report to an ADO.NET data set?   It all depends on what version of Visual studio you are using. Here are the steps for VS2005 In VS2005 you need to do the following: 1) Right click on your solution and select add, New Item. 2) Add a dataset and create your queries in the dataset. Make sure you save this dataset or it will not show up later. 3) Add your reportviewer 4) Right click on your solution and select add new Item Again and then add a crystal report 5) In the crystal report wizard Select crystal reports wizard and the type of report you want 6) Under the data menu you need to select project data, then ADO.NET datasets. Assuming you saved your dataset it will now show up in this field and you can make your selection as well as create your crystal report. 7) Go to your Web page where you want to display the Crystal report and Add a Report viewer to that page: Toolbox, Crystal Reports, Report viewer 8) The code behind:1 Dim dataSet As DataSet 2 Me.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor 3 Dim crReportDocument As CrystalReport1 4 Dim Con As SqlConnection 5 Dim Da As SqlDataAdapter 6 Dim conn As String = "Server=Your Server;Database=Your DB; User ID=sa;Password=Your PW" 7 Con = New SqlConnection(conn) 8 Dim sqlString As String = "" 9 Dim cmSQL As SqlClient.SqlCommand 10 cmSQL = New SqlClient.SqlC...

How to use Crystal Report Selection Formula manually in my Crystal Report page.
Hello, I have Link button on each gridview row and I want to take priview of that row through Crystal Report viewer when I click on Link Button on Gridview row.  In this  CrystalReports1.aspx.cs page I am using record number '35' and it is showing this record correctly but I want to view the each record which is clicked on Linkbutton.  Default.aspx <asp:TemplateField> <ItemTemplate><asp:LinkButton ID = "commandSelect" text = "Preview" Runat="Server" OnClick="commandSelect_Click"/> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField> Default.aspxprotected void commandSelect_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  LinkButton btn = new LinkButton(); btn = (LinkButton)sender;GridViewRow grdRow = ((GridViewRow)btn.Parent.Parent);string keyID; keyID = grdRow.Cells[1].Text.Trim(); //where Cells[1] is the column index where you store your primary keySession["Quotation_No"] = keyID;this.Response.Redirect("CrystalReports1.aspx"); } CrystalReports1.aspx.csprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {  // Here I want to change but not aware how to apply code when click on Link Button. this.CrystalReportViewer1.SelectionFormula = "{Quotation_Master.QUOTATION_NO} = 35"; // I want to change here what will be the code for display the record on click the link button. I put here Quotation_No = 35 which record is displaying on Link button clic...

retrieving crystal report graph images instead of using crystal report viewer
is it possible to retrieve the crystal report graph images without using the crystal report viewer.  ...

using crystal report in .net
Hi I am using Crstal reports for .net. I have writtern an stored procedure in sql server 2000. I have created a dataset and linked the procedure to the dataset. and used that dataset to create a .rpt report. IF i add or delete some field from the stored procedure that changes are not reflected in the dataset. how to edit the data set once formed .What to do? Help immediately. There are many ways to edit the dataset. Assuming there is a dataset object in your project, you can manually edit it by hand. Or you can autogenerate by placing an sqlDataAdapter on a form, then generating a ...

Crystal Report .Net to server
Dear all, I develop many crystal report from .net. However how can i put it into server so users can use the report. Is it need to install report server and how can i get it? Moreover does i need to buy any report server license when using .net? The licensing information is available in your Visual Studio.NEt help files. You may or may not need to purchase report server, depending on what you are going to do with the reports. For help deploying CR .NET, see here: Deploying Crystal Reports .NET http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/richard.dudley/archive/2004/05/25/14449.aspxIf my...

SQL Server Reporting and Crystal Reports
Hello Friends,I will be thankful to you if you can throw some light on the following issue:1. Can i use SQL Server Reporting Service with Crystal Report? or they both are different things.2. IF i want to allow the user to choose the header and footer of report and also parameters that need to be displayed in report, can i achieve it with SSRS? In short i want to generate Dynamic Reports. How it can be achieved?3. I know that we can create PDF using SSRS, but is it possible to make it password protected? Awaiting for the response. Regards,NilPlease MARK POST AS AN ANSWER if it helps youM...

Reports without using Crystal Report
Hi, I just wanted to know if there is any way to create reports other than Crystal Reports. Thanks. Hi, There are many ways other than crystal reports to generate reports. But you have to purchase a third party tool for that. 'ActiveReports' from Datadynamics is one among them. Thanks,Ramprasad. Hello, There are other reporting tools as well, which do not need third party component, You can use;1) Microsoft Reporting *.rdlc with Report Viewer Control.2) SQL Server 2005 Reporting with Report Viewer Control.These are builtin control in there respective products, for m...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

how to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005 ?
for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link - http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html But now i am stuck is how to view my web application ? what url should i give my intranet users to view this web application? Please help. Thanks. Hi, When we run the Web Setup project, your application will be installed on the local IIS. You can view it from IIS. To access it from another machine, we need to configure it to use IP address instead of "...

Web resources about - View report from the crystal report server using .NET - asp.net.crystal-reports

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

Crystal Palace v Reading score, result, video highlights, goals
LATE goals by Yohan Cabaye and Fraizer Campbell have given Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak’s Crystal Palace a 2-0 victory at second-tier club ...

FA Cup: Chelsea thrash Manchester City as Crystal Palace topple Tottenham
West Ham United eased into the quarter-finals of the FA Cup with a 5-1 romp at second-tier Blackburn Rovers on Sunday and were joined by Crystal ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/SQL) 160223/AP/032

FA Cup: Chelsea thrash Manchester City as Crystal Palace topple Tottenham
West Ham United eased into the quarter-finals of the FA Cup with a 5-1 romp at second-tier Blackburn Rovers on Sunday and were joined by Crystal ...

Big Brother's crystal call: China developing software to monitor citizens and predict terrorist activity ...
We've become used to the idea of online surveillance thanks to Edward Snowden blowing the lid off the activities of the NSA and GCHQ . While ...

One of the best crystal clear iPhone cases in the world is just $11 on Amazon
... it, it's a pretty safe bet that the product in question isn't going to disappoint. Here's a perfect example: the Spigen Air Cushion Crystal ...

Crystal Castles removed from feminism-centric SXSW showcase following controversy
Former singer Alice Glass suggested Ethan Kath "is not an appropriate artist to be performing at a feminism-centric event."

Nordstrom's CFO makes crystal clear why online shopping is killing traditional retailers
Nordstrom released a terrible outlook for 2016 on Thursday, sending shares of the retailer plummeting . And according to CFO Michael Koppel, ...

Crystal stores data mother lode
What would you do with 360 terabytes worth of data, enough to hold 14 billion years of information?