The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception.

Hi,

We have an application developed using VS2002 and .NET 2002 Crystal reports. when this application is deployed on Win 2003 32 bit machine  it worked fine, but when deployed on windows 2003 64 bit machine, crystal reports are not opened. Replaced .NET 2002 Crystal reports with crystal reports 11. Problem still persists. It is giving exception as "The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception.".

Can anyone help me on this.

0
SRN

Hi there,

Me too, I encounter the same problem. i have this website developed using Visual Studio 2008 with ASP.net 3.5 and Crystal Report 2008. It worked fine on my machine but after I deployed it on Windows 2003 SBS R2 Server I get this error

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {059AC10F-0010-4C43-8876-1FC7BEAF218B} failed due to the following error: 8007007e.

 [TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception.]

0
bryle

The type initializer for 'tags' threw an exception??
Hello I get the following error...  The type initializer for 'tags' threw an exception. Does anyone who what this mean, or what might be causing this? Heres the code on the page giving the error...protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { WebUsers user = new WebUsers(); if (!this.IsPostBack) { if (Session["user"] != null) { user = (WebUsers)Session["user"]; } else { Response.Redirect("Login.aspx"); ...

BC30560: 'ReportClass' is ambiguous in the namespace 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine'
  Crystal Reports in VS. Net 2005 I am having a problem with Crystal Reports.  I recently upgraded from VS 2003 to VS 2005 and my reports are all messed up.  I have that  problem :  1.  I get the foolowing error when I put my application on the web server - BC30560: &...

'ds.SqlCacheDependency' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
Hi guys, As a follow up on my previous question: http://forums.asp.net/t/1336003.aspx I would like to know if any of you have an answer to the problem with the SqlCacheDependency throwing an System.NotSupportedException when trying to update using an AccessDataSource? Thanks :) /Ole   Since the SqlCacheDependency is not supported by Access, any attempt to make use of it through an AccessDataSource control will result in a NotSupportedException: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.accessdatasource.sqlcachedependency.aspx.  The mystery is why ...

TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'clGeneral' threw an exception.
Okay Here is what I did, I have done this 2 previous projects and it worked flawlessly.  It works on my local machine, but when I deploy it throws the above exception.  this project and the last project are hosted by the same company and are set-up the same (I think - default) I have a seperate class called clGeneral located in teh app_code directory. the clSecured is also located there.  The first class is nothing more than defining common variables like database connections and things like that.  The second I use to encode and decode items that I want to stor...

Length = 'requestStream.Length' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
 I cannot figure out why when I expand the requestStream variable that I see that error.  Here's my code:   ... request.Timeout = 30000; request.Method = "POST"; request.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"; // write data to stream byte[] requestBytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(request.ToString()); using (Stream requestStream = request.GetRequestStream()) { requestStream.Write(reque...

The type initializer for 'BLL.Customer' threw an exception.
What does this error mean??? No clue.........   In .NET, you can have instance constructors and you can also have a static constructor. The static constructor is used to initialize static variables or do other one-time setup for all instances of a class, usually. Static constructors are also called type initializers, and will be called before the first instance of the class is constructed (it appears to usually happen when you first call a method that needs to know about the type). To see the code that is throwing an exception, look at the code for the class mentioned. In C#, look f...

Unit test causes exception "The type initializer for 'XXX' threw an exception" when running code which accesses appSettings of the webconfig
I have a method which I want to unit test, the code inside that method accesses the appSetting to get the connectionString : System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString"].ToString(); this piece of code works fine , but when  I m doing the unit test to test the method, the above line gives the below exception :MyMethod threw exception:  System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'XXX' threw an exception. --->  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..  ...

The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception
Hi,All of a sudden I started getting this nasty exception all over the place:The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception. Some relevant observations:* The error started occuring a few hours after the last deployment to the live server, not immediately after. So it basically started occuring of its own accord.* We have recently moved to a new host (a VPS). The error only occurs on that server, not our local server nor at the old host's (which was a shared environment).* The problem is basically the same as this guys:http://w...

The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute' threw an exception.
I get this stacktrace at my ExceptionManager. It is caught in the Global.asax, so the exception is unhandled by my code :( We have many visitors and customers. This error occurs at least once a week, and all websites in the same pool are down. Only solution for now is to reset the pool when the error occurs. I know there are more topics on this, and I know MicroSoft is aware of the bug but does not know what to do about it. The bug will still be in the 3.5 release. If anybody has a work around for the fix, or a solution which is acceptable and avoids my customers and visitors ...

'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' This is an error which I am getting while instantiating AseConnection. Can I get help on this exception. I am using C# in Visual Studio 2005. I checked the version in the C:\Program Files\Sybase\OC12_5_1\ADO.NET\dll folder of Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll and sybdrvado11.dll and copied these dlls to my application's bin folder. The versions are the same. Still I am getting the above exception. Whats this code look like? Are you sure both DLLs are sa...

Cannot convert type 'type' to 'type'

The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception.
 Hi all,When i run my project on my own computer, it works fine. But when i deploy it to server, it gives me this error. I can run my other dts and sp, but i get this error on this.. The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception. I googled it but could not find a solution. How can i solve this problem?  Hello sourvil, I'm not sure what the problem is. The following thread explains how you can find out more about the error that is reported: http://blogs.infosupport.com/martijnb/archive/2006/01/27/3582.aspx Jeroen Molenaar.----...

The type initializer for 'System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock' threw an exception.
This is the error I receive when I try to Build my website. The type initializer for 'System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock' threw an exception. My website was created using the IIS on localhost option and that is how I open it. If select View In Browser for any page, I receive the following HTML response: Server Error in '/websiteX' Application. Mutex could not be created. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception ...

Web resources about - The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception. - asp.net.crystal-reports