Should I use PDF format to show a report when I create it?

My friend said that crystall report in ASP.NET are not cute (???), so if I wanted to create a report, before I showed it out, I should parse into PDF format, and use PDF control to show it out.

Can u give me an idea?

Because my English is not good, so I hope u can understand what I write.

Thanks!

0
gyokusei

In ASP.NET, I think PDF looks better also.  It is easier to print.
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley

when i try to export the report to pdf format in button click event it gives me LOGON error.I am using push method to create the report .The code to create the report is written in page load
Calling this function in button click eventPrivate Sub ExportToPDF() Try Dim crExportOptions As New ExportOptions Dim crReportDocument As New ReportDocument Dim crDiskFileDestinationOptions As DiskFileDestinationOptions Dim ExportPath As String Dim ExportedFileName As String Session("ReportName") = " CrystalReport1" Dim rpt1 As New CrystalReport1 Session.Add("ActiveReport", rpt1) crReportDocument = Session.Item("ActiveReport") ExportPath = Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + "ReportOutput\" If System.IO.Directory.Exists(ExportPath) = False Then System.IO.Directory.CreateDirector...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i remove this prompt. There is a property called "DatabaseLogonPrompt" but if i set it to false. The report will no show up telling me the parameters are incorrect. So the password has to be entered in the code but where i dont know. Build the report method: The crystal report i built in this manner. 1) Added Crystal Report from add new item2) Followed the instructions 3) Chose to create a new connection4) OLE DB5) OLEDB provider for SQL Server6) Input servername,id, password and database name from combo this created the report I installed IIS on my local pc having win xp sp2. Also have Sql express 2005 on the same machine. So i need to find a way to remove the prompt. Found codes but it was either windows applicaiton with C# or web application in vb. I want code for C# web application or website in C#. I relatively new to ASP.net as i finished my .net at the end of last mo...

How to create Report Letter with multiple pages in C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS2008
Hi experts, I’d like to have some helps from you guys. I need to create an app with C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS 2008 for a Landscape & Nursery company.  The company will send out coupon letters to some customers who purchased something from the company within past 12 months. Users will get customers’ info from database using zip code. I have a drop-down control to populate all the eligible zip codes. The following 8 data fields will be retrieved from database; FirstName, LastName, Address1, Address2, City, State, ZipCode, and PreviousPurchased. I have a pre-defined Crystal Report Letter Template, something like: [Address1],[Address2],[City], [State], [ZipCode] Dear [FirstName] [LastName] Thank you for purchasing [PreviousPurchased], blah, blah……….. blah, blah……At the bottom of the letter is 15% off coupon for your next purchasing. blah, blah…… The coupon letter's format and content are fixed. At the very bottom of the letter is an image 15% off coupon. The only differences are the data field with the square [ ], the customers’ info. When a user select a ZipCode, for example, 92649 (Huntington Beach) returns 30 customers, the user clicks on print button, can print 30 coupon letters, and 90895 (Carson) returns 45 customers, the user can print 45 coupon letters. I know the Crystal Report.Net can create Form Letter, but just don’t know how to. There are too many samples out there for the tabulate kind reports. But I can not find a single sample for R...

recently converted a project from .net to .net 2003. The 2 crystal reports I had in the project do not load when executing the application. The project itself within 2003 will allow me to multiplat the crystal reports, however when it comes to execution time I get the error: Invalid Data Source. If this isn't the right forum please point me to the right one as this is really the only website I know of with a large reader base. >to multiplat the crystal reports To what the crystal reports? Do you have the same database connections established and verified in your 2003 solution?If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs all the C# code is interacting with the database fine. when I mean manipulate the crystal forms I mean move things around in the designer. But when I "play" the application, execute the code, when I try to bring up the report I get said error. ...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

creating reports in Visual studio 2005 using Crystal report
hi: i was trying to create a report using crystal report in visual studio 2005 and i was unable to link my database to the report.rpt can anyone please tell me the steps how to connect my database to the crystal report or any link that may help me.     very ugently. thank you for your support...

Create pdf file using Crystal Report
Hi, I want to create pdf file using Crystal report. Before everypage i have grid bounded with List<> object. Actually my Business logic class code only return the Class entity sometimes list<> entity. But i cant set datasource to the report document with class object. My code is,Guid _InvoiceID = new Guid(Request.QueryString["InvoiceID"].ToString()); InvoiceManager _InvoiceManager = new InvoiceManager(); InvoiceLite _InvoiceLite = _InvoiceManager.GetInvoice(_InvoiceID);   ReportDocument rptDoc = new ReportDocument();string strPath = Server.MapPath("SampleReport.rpt"); rptDoc.Load(strPath); rptDoc.SetDataSource(ds); Here i cant set the datasource. Actually while i create a crystal report, i set the Database Expert Data is my Lite class object (ie, InvoiceLite). How can do this? Pls.... Regards, Salim. Hi, First get the data in a dataset Create a typed dataset from it using ds.WriteXMLSchema("C:\MyDataSet.xsd") Then add it to ur App Code folder. Build ur app In Crystal report --. Database Conn  ---->Database Expert ----> New Connection ---> ADO.Net  Select the dataset from ur App Code Now drag the fileds from the dataset to the crystal report   Now in the code Create an object of the typed dataset MyDataset myds= new MyDataset (); Get data into the new ds Bind it to the crystal report using rptDoc.SetDataSource(myds)   To print pdf use the following rptDoc.ExportToH...

trying to create a pdf using crystal reports
I found an article on creating pdf using crystal reports. I created a report file called crystalreport1 - just basic retrieval of some data. this code is in my webpage - references the report. I am getting an error (syntax) on the crreport.exportTostream - the export to stream is undefined. what do I need to do to have that method for my report? is there a public function I need to create in the report object - what code?? thanks Dim crreport As New CrystalReport1() crreport.SetDataSource(reader) 'Change the output stream of the current for...

Crystal Report Report format
Hi All, Is it possible to import the report format from a microsoft excel file instead of manually recreating the UI in crystal report? If so how may I go about doing it? Thank you. Regards, leroylll...

how to build Invoice & Accounts format reports using crystal web reports
hi! i am doing payroll system which is related to accounts i need to generate beautiful invoices using crystal reports , how can i can u help me ...

How to create report using untyped dataset and crystal reports 9 / 10/ XI
Actually i created one class in VB.NET that class having property which will return untyped dataset. Using this dataset how can i design and execute a report. In my query i used join sql statement. I browsed all sites including Business Objects also, But i did not get help from those.   I hope i'll get help from ur side.ThanksVijay Kumar...

data truncation problem while Exporting report to PDF using Crystal Reports 11.0
hi, I need a solution for data truncation problem while Exporting report to PDF using Crystal Reports 11.0 version.    ...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

how to create crystal report using VB.NET with the database of ACCESS
hi..! i want to create crystal report of my project.em using access database...!   but i have no idea how to create reports using VB.NET with the access db  i create the report but it shows only one record  hi ......You can do it PUSH method of creating crystal reports...!!!!! In push method Typed Dataset is used as the data sourcefor crystal report...!!!Steps for creating the report could be.....1. add a typed dataset to your solution.2.go to server explorer.3.connect your access file to your server explorer. 4.Change data base.. 5.attach access file..!!6.test connection... 7. Drag and drop the table from server explorer to typed Dataset..8. Now add a crystal report to your solution....9. at report creation wizard, get the dataset from project data...10. Design the report....11. use following code for OLEDB conection...cn = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\MyDB.mdb;")12. now create an object ( say ds ) of your dataset, and fill that with the data....using the "data adapter".13. create an instanse of crystal report viewer ... and with all other coding , set the datasource of your report Document to ds ....... i hope this'll help you....!!!!!! -----------------------------------------------------------please mark as ans.. if the post helps you..!!!    actually i was trying to show you the snap shots.... but dont know why the images are not visible in the post...... by t...

Report that is using ObjectDataSource that uses a proc is showing report with no data?
I was in a hurry so I used the wizards to do this even though I have a strong dislike for them. I have verified that the parameters return data when using the proc. The data source is set in the ReportViewer controls properties in design mode. What might I have missed? Here is my code that get's called when a button is clicked.paramList = New List(Of ReportParameter) paramList.Add(New ReportParameter("StartDate", startDate.Date, False))paramList.Add(New ReportParameter("EndDate", endDate.Date, False)) ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(paramList) Re...

Creating Pdf by using NFOP.. the old way (no Crystal Reports)
On my blog you will find the code sample that explains how to use the NFOP library to generate pdf from .NET without using crystal reportsApache has a Apache Formation Objects Processor (FOP) which is for free, and open source so I could learn from this. This was fitting my needs exactly.. If only they would have this for .NET.. A little googling and yes : NFOP pops up. A .NET port of the java application from apache. NFOP can be downloaded hereUp to now I was never using xml.. so it took me some time to get the lingo down but after an afternoon of swearing and trying I started to get the hang of it.In my earlier posts you can find the links for starting with this xsl-fo, xsltFor me the most useful were :W3-Schools xsl-fo tutorialRenderX xsl-fo tutorialXml.com xsl-fo tutorialhttp://casualjim.blogspot.com/2005_06_12_casualjim_archive.htmlhappy pdf'ing My blog I had some problems with the latest NFOP release to get it working in-memory (without saving the fo document to disk).The solution was simple. I put it in my new blog.http://www.geekswithblogs.net/casualjim/articles/49098.aspxhappy pdf'ingMy blog...

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

How to convert text file to pdf format without using crystal reports?
How to convert text file to pdf format without using crystal reports?I want to use only .NET inbuild namespaces.Please if anybody know the solution, let me know.akdSalam Namaste You can use the free iTextSharp component to do this. Alister Use Response.ContentType with Response.AddHeader(). please with the some code with example in c#.akdSalam Namaste  dajay wrote:please with the some code with example in c#.If you visit the webpage provided in my previous reply, you will find many code samples. If you do not wish to use a commercial solution such as Crystal Reports or Acti...

Is it a bug for vs.net to show crystal report using web page?
I have a web project and I creat a page to view the report using crystalreportview, if I put my code inside the page_load, the page_load event don't happen. After I add protected void crvExploration_Init(object sender, EventArgs e) { } although the method inside is empty, the page_load event happened, any one has idea why this method cause page_load fired? By the way, I am using vs.net 2008 professional version under window 2003 server.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you....

How to use Crystal Report Selection Formula manually in my Crystal Report page.
Hello, I have Link button on each gridview row and I want to take priview of that row through Crystal Report viewer when I click on Link Button on Gridview row.  In this  CrystalReports1.aspx.cs page I am using record number '35' and it is showing this record correctly but I want to view the each record which is clicked on Linkbutton.  Default.aspx <asp:TemplateField> <ItemTemplate><asp:LinkButton ID = "commandSelect" text = "Preview" Runat="Server" OnClick="commandSelect_Click"/> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField> Default.aspxprotected void commandSelect_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  LinkButton btn = new LinkButton(); btn = (LinkButton)sender;GridViewRow grdRow = ((GridViewRow)btn.Parent.Parent);string keyID; keyID = grdRow.Cells[1].Text.Trim(); //where Cells[1] is the column index where you store your primary keySession["Quotation_No"] = keyID;this.Response.Redirect("CrystalReports1.aspx"); } CrystalReports1.aspx.csprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {  // Here I want to change but not aware how to apply code when click on Link Button. this.CrystalReportViewer1.SelectionFormula = "{Quotation_Master.QUOTATION_NO} = 35"; // I want to change here what will be the code for display the record on click the link button. I put here Quotation_No = 35 which record is displaying on Link button clic...

Export Crystal report to PDF report
Hello, Does anyone knows how to export the Crystal report (.rpt) to the PDF report in c#?  Thanks  http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Export-Crystal-Reports-To-PDF.aspxhttp://visualbasic.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/visualbasic-l/programmatically-exporting-from-crystal-report-to-pdf-using-vb-1480987http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vb/JatsArticle1.aspx  Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points tooamiT jaiNC#.NET Articles Hi, You can use the following  rptDoc.ExportToHttpRespons...

Web resources about - Should I use PDF format to show a report when I create it? - asp.net.crystal-reports

Adam Eaton 'uncomfortable' bringing father to camp after LaRoche issue
CBSSports.com Adam Eaton 'uncomfortable' bringing father to camp after LaRoche issue CBSSports.com The Adam LaRoche situation just keeps getting ...

Next step for top Paris attacks suspect: extradition effort
BRUSSELS (AP) — The top suspect in last year's deadly Paris attacks, captured in Belgium after four months on the run, will face police questioning ...

Minecraft Gets Samsung Gear VR Treatment, New Headset Impresses At Game Developers Conference
More Minecraft fans will find it more difficult to stay away from their games once the title has been fully ported to the Samsung Gear VR, and ...

Jury awards Hulk Hogan $115 million in Gawker sex tape suit
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A Florida jury sided with ex-pro wrestler Hulk Hogan and awarded him $115 million in his sex tape lawsuit against ...

Microsoft Wants To Get Chrome Extensions Working On Edge
In the latest Windows 10 test build, Microsoft finally introduced extensions to its Edge browser . Not many are available right now, but we suppose ...

Smaller Apple iPad Pro Starting At $599, Coming In 32GB And 128GB
While Apple is set to unveil a new iPhone and iPad Pro during this year’s spring event, it has been reported that the new 9.7-inch Apple iPad ...

FlyDubai flight FZ981 crashes at Russia's Rostov-on-Don airport, killing 62 people
The Boeing 737 hit the ground and broke into pieces while trying to land in bad weather.

IL County Attorney on Extraordinary Court Order Mandating 'Late Voting' Next Week in Adams: 'BradCast' ...
I'm joined on today's BradCast by Adams County, IL State's Attorney Jon Barnard to discuss the extraordinary court order [PDF] issued just last ...

Spartans, other upsets mean time to reboot NCAA Tournament
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Nobody wants an NCAA Tournament mulligan more than Michigan State.

EU Braced for Refugee Setbacks as Turkey Deal Meets Skepticism
Bloomberg EU Braced for Refugee Setbacks as Turkey Deal Meets Skepticism Bloomberg A woman sits on the side of a road after being detained ...