Runtime creation of crystal reports and fields, with all report sections

Hi! I'm a novice when it comes to crystal reports. I want to pass a customised query from a vb.net windows form (which might contain a statement like "SELECT * FROM " & tablecombo.text & " where (name = ' " & txtName.text & " ')" which could result in the following:

SELECT * FROM Day1 WHERE (name = John)
I want the report to be generated at runtime. Is that possible? If so, please show me how.
0
alwasih

If you mean to actually create a report dynamically at runtime, it may be possible in Crystal 9 and up, but not in Crystal .net.  If you mean to dynamically change the datasource of your report at runtime, this is possible.  Check out this link which should have some samples that accomplish this for you.  I have an article on populating datasets to crystal .net <a href=http://aspalliance.com/11>here</a> that might be interesting also.
Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes
2/6/2004 12:55:17 PM
ericlandes, thanks for your quick reply! I am really grateful for your concern. Wow, that means I can't dynamically generate data reports using crystal.net?!!

So then, what are the reportdocument object and field objects doing there? Its really weird! I guess crystal made a fundamental mistake there! Any way, I've decided to use a third party tool to generate my reports now. I guess if you download the vb.net resource kit, you get a free edition to ComponentOne Studio.net, which includes Reporting for .net. These guys REALLY handle the issue of "AUTOMATION" to its true context. I have been able to create a report from scratch, at runtime, all through code. You can also check it out. Its so easy. There's even a whole tutorial on creating report definitions through code. But I'm not so sure about their licences. If you find anything, please let me know.
Thanks,
In your debt,
Al-Wasi
0
alwasih

RunTime Report With Crystal Report
hi dears. I'm a new user and work with C#. i want create RunTime Reports with Crystal Report. but i can't. I can't send parameters in C# programs to Crystal Report File. i want list fileld's in my program. and select Choice Field's. and send to crystal report file. then report that field and values. for example : i select in program name and family and phone number and home address. and click to report. and send that parameters to report file. name family phone address ---------------------------------- xxxxx xxxx1 4341254 ...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.
hello Friends,I developing web site in asp.net 2005. Using inbuilt  crystal report for reporting.Development time its working fine but problem arise when i published site and upload in a web server.first some reference dll were missing so i copy them from gac and paste then in the bin folder for local reference.It works, but not i received the following error message:An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime.Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.Please install the ...

Dynamic creation of report using crystal report
Hi All,       I am using crystal report of VS .Net  2005. I have a recordset I can get indefinite no. of fields  to display. And I have to arrange it dynamically according to the required format of the report. For Ex: Case 1 : I have 10 fields to display on the report and for them I have to perform calculation also.  Case 2 : I have 5 fields to display on the report and for them I have to perform calculation also.        So, I want to arrange all the fields dynamically in the formate given. Please help me. Thanks Nitin &nb...

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

Web resources about - Runtime creation of crystal reports and fields, with all report sections - asp.net.crystal-reports

Institute for Creation Research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Institute for Creation Research (ICR) is a Christian apologetics institute in Dallas , Texas that specializes in education, research, and ...

Scientists call for a creation of task force to classify ageing as a disease
Classifying ageing as a disease pushes scientists to call for a creation of a task force to carefully evaluate the basis for the idea.

Hilarious bug report complaining about the creation of Android in 2007
There are many things about Android that makes it my operating system of choice, namely that it gives me choice, and lots of it. Another big ...

Mopar highlights wild SEMA creations, AWD Challenger Concept
Filed under: Aftermarket , Design/Style , 2015 SEMA Show , Chrysler , Dodge , Fiat , RAM , Performance Mopar has a bevy of aftermarket vehicles ...

"Stoner Jesus Bible Study is the creation of Deb Button, a 40-something mother of two who had never considered ...
"... when Colorado became the first state to legalize recreational marijuana for adults over 21. 'I was majorly conservative,' said Button, who ...

Winter Scramble; Refugees Will Freeze to Death Warns Juncker; Tony Blair Apologizes for Creation of ISIS ...
Scramble is On November is less than a week away and nighttime temperatures are dropping rapidly. What is Europe supposed to do with hundreds ...

This re-creation of Vienna in 'Minecraft' will blow your mind
Ever been to Vienna? Yeah, us neither. It looks pretty great, but flights are expensive and we're intimidated by its long history of classical ...

Florida: 2nd In Job Creation As Unemployment Continues to Fall
CBS Local Florida: 2nd In Job Creation As Unemployment Continues to Fall CBS Local Interior Secretary Ken Salazar (R) greets construction ...

The future of hit TV series creation
Inside the making of successful TV shows with some of the best creators in the business

'Mythbusters' co-host: Creation Museum 'not even wrong'
The topic of Greater Cincinnati’s very own Creation Museum probably didn't come up during the local stop of “MythBusters,” because, as Adam Savage ...