Ok, so I have to confess, I have never tried Crystal Reports. I just recently started working for a marketing company now and reporting is VERY important to them.  I am currently migrating a lot of the applications they use from VB5 and VB6 to web based .NET 3.5 apps.

 The whole company is running off ACCESS databases if you can believe that.  They sometimes have up to a few hundred agents taking sales on incoming calls and chat sessions and they are all getting streamed to FLAT file records (completely un-normalized database).  I am in the process of developing a completely new SQL server normalized database that will house all their company data.

Currently the CEO of the company goes in daily, RDPs into a server, pulls the ACCESS database file, picks info he wants with queries he has constructed over the years, copies a bunch of info into an EXCEL report and emails them to his clients.  He does this every day.

He showed me how he was doing this the other day, and I was astonished at how cumbersome this process was.  I would really like to optimize reporting for him.  So here are my issues...

1. the CEO still wants his ACCESS files, what is the best way to export my new SQL data into daily ACCESS files that he can screw with until we are completely transitioned?

2. What is the best way to report against the production SQL server?  Should I run a DTS nightly into Crystal Reports?  Should I just write some custom Code?

Reporting is really the backbone of this company, they need to let their clients have detailed information on their daily sales activity.  Can some of you give me some insight on how I can really deliver the perfect reporting solution?

 Thanks in advance.

give my personal sites some love!
wiki-reef.com
wiki-fish.com
my stupid comedy shorts
0
hud2000

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Converting VS 2003 Crystal reports to VS 2005 crystal reports
Hello,     I have converted a VS 2003 project that has few Crstalreports in it to VS 2005. All the dlls got converted good except the Crystalreports part. I have a sub routine called ExportReport() in a page called GenerateReport.aspx page in VS 2003 which generates the report in a word or excel etc... based on what user selects.   Tthe first line I have is Dim myReport as new CrystalReport1 and this works perfect in VS 2003. But when I converted the entire project to VS 2005 it CrystalReport is not recognised by the IDE and I see a blue line underneath. ...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Bind crystal reports / sql reports to ADO.NET
Hi,  I'm a beginner trying to find out if it's possible to directly connect an sql report/crystal report to an ADO.NET data set?   It all depends on what version of Visual studio you are using. Here are the steps for VS2005 In VS2005 you need to do the following: 1) Right click on your solution and select add, New Item. 2) Add a dataset and create your queries in the dataset. Make sure you save this dataset or it will not show up later. 3) Add your reportviewer 4) Right click on your solution and select add new Item Again and then add a crystal report 5) In the cr...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

Web resources about - Reporting (Crystal Reports vs. Custom .NET) - asp.net.crystal-reports

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

Facebook Improves Real-Names Policy Reporting, Verifying
Facebook took its latest steps to reform its controversial real-names policy with its introduction of tools to fine-tune the reporting process ...

Reporting for duty after Paris attacks
In a renewed sense of nationalism, young French citizens flock to army recruitment agencies to join the military.

NYT public editor rips San Bernardino reporting - Business Insider Deutschland
The New York Times' public editor called for "systemic change" after an article incorrectly stated Tashfeen Malik posted openly on social media ...

Fiat Chrysler fined $70 million on safety reporting lapses
WASHINGTON - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will pay a $70 million fine for failing to report fatalities, injuries and warranty repairs as U.S. safety ...

New York Times tries and fails to fix its own botched San Bernardino reporting
The New York Times has corrected its massively botched story on the San Bernardino terrorists . Kinda sorta. The story by past reporting-botchers ...

Fox Suspends Stacey Dash From On-Air Reporting for Profanity-Laden Remark Against President Obama
Fox Suspends Stacey Dash From On-Air Reporting for Profanity-Laden Remark Against President Obama

What Flap Over Reporting Instagram Flaw to Facebook Teaches Us
NEWS ANALYSIS: In a public spat, a security researcher lashes out at Facebook about a reported Instagram bug, and Facebook's chief security officer ...

Today in Tabs: Reporting On Reporters Reporting On Reporters Reporting
It's turkeys all the way down F riday, reporters broadcasting live on MSNBC and CNN entered the apartment of the presumed San Bernardino shooters ...