report viewer with crystal reports

Hi every one ....i am a starter in integrating crystal reports to the asp .net website using report viewer..

it would be helpful if some one could point me on where to get started with some tutorials of

1. posting the crystal reports to the server

2. displaying the crystal reports in asp .net reportviewer control on a aspx page

Thanks in advance

Sri
Please mark as answer if it helped you
0
jsriharsha

Go to http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/, and http://aspalliance.com/crystal/.

If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
1/23/2009 6:24:11 PM

thanks for the links...and can you point me to a tutorial on how to

:use report viewer to display crytal reports in aspx page"

Sri
Please mark as answer if it helped you
0
jsriharsha
1/23/2009 6:43:40 PM

Right there on the front page of Crystal Alliance:

http://aspalliance.com/crystal/redir.aspx?ArticleURL=http://aspalliance.com/265

If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
1/23/2009 11:57:40 PM

thanks once

i saw the article it tells you on how to create/view crystal reports on your local machine ...

i need a way to post them to a sever and access them to an aspx page using crytal report viewer

(In SSRS we post our reports to the "reportserver" virtual directory of the sql server and give the "path" and "servername" to the report viewer so that it grabs the report and dispays it in the web page...

i need something similar to that ...if it is possible???

Sri
Please mark as answer if it helped you
0
jsriharsha
1/24/2009 12:07:03 AM

If you're using CR.NET, you don't have a reporting server like SSRS.  You run all your reports by loading them into the viewer control.  If you need a full reporting server, you'll need to upgrade to CR XI.

If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
1/24/2009 1:48:43 AM

Chapter 9 in this book explains how to incorporate Crystal into an ASP.NET application

http://www.amazon.com/ASP-NET-Enterprise-Application-Development-Visual/dp/0470396865

Good luck,
Vince
A good ASP.NET book
0
varallov
1/24/2009 4:25:42 AM

rjdudley:
If you're using CR.NET, you don't have a reporting server like SSRS.  You run all your reports by loading them into the viewer control.  If you need a full reporting server, you'll need to upgrade to CR XI.

can you point me to tutorial on how to post the reports to the server if we have CR XI???

Sri
Please mark as answer if it helped you
0
jsriharsha
1/24/2009 6:08:19 AM

Either Brian's website at http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/, or your Crystal XI documentation are the best places to start.

If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
1/24/2009 3:20:56 PM

all you need to do is copy the report files to the server.  When you display the report in the Crystal Report Viewer you just need to make sure you are loading the report from the path on the server.

 Vince

http://www.amazon.com/ASP-NET-Enterprise-Application-Development-Visual/dp/0470396865

Good luck,
Vince
A good ASP.NET book
0
varallov

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

retrieving crystal report graph images instead of using crystal report viewer
is it possible to retrieve the crystal report graph images without using the crystal report viewer.  ...

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

What is the difference between crystal reports and Report viewer?
Hi All,       Can any one tell me what is difference between crystal reprts and report viewer? Now i am generatig reports using crystal reports can i migrate to report viewer? is it possible? Report viewer is not supporting formula fields and parameter fields??   The crystal report is the actual report file where you design the look of your report and can connect it to a database.  The Crystal Report Viewer is a control that can be placed on a web form to display your report.  The viewer takes care of things like navigating from page to page, ...

How to render pdf directly on crystal report viewer (WHEN crystal report expects user input before rendering)
  If a crystal report do not need any parameter  or, if parameters can be supplied using code-behind (without user help), I am able to render a pdf on crystal report viewer. BUT if a crystal report needs user input then how do I reneder a PDF on crystal report viewer? I see a parameter-asking dialog-box from crystal report where user supplies input values and hit OK button, but then on click of OK button do I have control what gets rendered a crystal report or, a pdf or, doc?  Or, can I set crystal report viewer control property to say that report need to be rend...

Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?
I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated. Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.   Eric Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand? Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe. Can u tell me some third party reporting programs a...

Crystal Report Viewer - VS 2008 bundled, and version bundled with Crystal Reports 2008
Hey folks. I have a form generated by my web app which is a crystal report .rpt file. It is a paper form kept for archiving purposes.It contains alot of boxes that when viewed in the Crystal Report Viewer (both the bundled with VS 2008, and the updated version that is installed when installing Crystal Reports 2008), the spacing on the boxes is off and some of the text is misaligned.Is this common? Are there other solutions (third party viewers, converters, etc?)  Is there a way to get the old ActiveX viewer (our old ASP server hosts alot of crystal reports viewed through the ActiveX viewer and they display perfectly) to work with ASP.NET? Thanks!When I use the ActiveX print method through IE, the report prints flawlessly and is exactly how it is shown in the Crystal Reports app in preview mode, but the HTML view is not quite right.Text sizes, lines, boxes, alignment, are all askew  ...

why to use crystal report rather than report viewer?
 why to use crystal report rather than report viewer?crystal report is not available with web development 2005 . It have report viewer . so what is the advantage of crystal report over  crystal report ? ...

No records shown on Crystal Report Viewer report
I have return a datatable from a class, set the viewer reportsource datasource to the datatable. But no records were shown in the report when run on IDE. The class return the data table is working fine as the DropDownList1 indeed listed 30 records. ===========================================================================  Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine Partial Class testreport2    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Private oRpt As ReportDocument     Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Sy...

Crystal Report Viewer
Hello, I've an asp.net page with links for several report files and a crystal report viewer on the same page. Crystal report viewer should display the reports upon clicking the report file links. I've put the links in treeview control as nodes and binding the report files on SelectedNodeChanged event. Reports are displayed as expected but the report disappears after any postback including the report viewer's toolbar buttons. So, for example if i click the 'next page' button on crytsal report viewer toolbar the report becomes blank. What am i missing? Sample co...

How to show more than one report in Crystal Report Viewer
How do I show more than one crystal report in  one crystal report viewer. basically I have a ton of reports and instead of user looking at them one by one..they hit a button and all the reports are wrtten to PDF...All of this works just fine but when trying to bind all reports i get error saying that it can not find the file.   in my aspx page i can just set the FileName="SomeReport" but doing this from the C# code it says it can not find the file even when i specified the relative path.....any help or direction with this would be great!Give Yourself a round of applause...

My Report Wont Display on Crystal Report Viewer?
 Hi guys, please help...I'm trying to display a report on a web page using Crystal Report Viewer Control, but it doesnt display. this is what my report does:the report excepts 3 parameters, FinYear, FinMonth, and Deal Number. based on what the user inputs on Details.aspx, which has three textboxes, txtFinYear,txtFinMonth,and txtDealNumber. I then redirect the page to the reportveiwer.aspx page. which has the CrystalReportVeiwer control, I passs the parameter to that page using. Request.QueryString["reportViewer.aspx?FinYear="+txtbox....) and initialize the page with the pa...

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Any Report Tool other than Crystal Reports?
Hi there! Does anyone know a free Tool for Reporting Data with equal functions to Crystal Reports? Crystal Reports just run on Webservers for a very expensive licence! So I can't use them :(! Thank you very much for any quick help! Best regards CLaude Hi ChillaHH We have recently decided on using Active Reports, instead of Crystal Reports; for two main reasons. One is that we dont want to have our users view a report by having to save it to disk, view it...and then delete it from the disk afterwards. Secondly, there are licencing implications for the users. You can d...

Web resources about - report viewer with crystal reports - asp.net.crystal-reports

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-a

A crystal clear iPhone 6s Plus case that actually improves grip
Clear cases generally have two big pros and one big con. On the plus side, they protect your iPhone without hiding the gorgeous design that Apple ...

Kyle Forester (Crystal Stilts, Ladybug Transistor) readies solo LP, shares "Won't Go Crazy Tonight," ...
... Pearis You may know Kyle Forester as the affable, often wisecracking keyboardist for The Ladybug Transistor (and it's offshoot O/R/F) and Crystal ...

Light up your life with this Final Fantasy-esque save-crystal lamp
With fervour high for the upcoming Final Fantasy XV, this handmade save-crystal lamp is proving a hot item for role-playing game fans.

Crystal City: All but one member of city council indicted - CNN.com
Crystal City, Texas, Councilman Joel Barajas is the odd man out. He's the only member of the city council not facing federal corruption charges. ...

Superman memory crystals could store data for billions of years
Researchers at the University of Southampton have discovered a way to store data in five dimensions on nanostructure glass that can survive for ...

Crystal Wright Compared Blacks Voting For Bernie Or Hillary Like Voting For The KKK
Crystal Wright, aka The Conservative Black Chick, is once again trolling her odious nonsense on Fox News. She appeared with Brian Kilmeade on ...

HP's smartwatch has Swarovski crystals and a see-through screen
The product of HP's collaboration with American designer Isaac Mizrahi wouldn't look out of place next to ordinary analog watches designed for ...

Researchers develop ‘Superman memory crystal’ that could store 360TB of data forever
Researchers at the University of Southampton's Optoelectronics Research Center have developed a new form of data storage that could potentially ...