Problem with Crystal Reports after upgrading to .net 2.0 and CR XI R2 SP2

We recently migrated our main web app to .net 2.0, and alsy upgraded to crystal reports XI R2 SP2.  Everything appeared to be working fine, but when we went live we began experiencing periodic troubles with our reports.  We would start getting the dreaded "Load Report Failed" exception: System.Exception: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041004):

Research seemed to indicate that this was a problem hitting the report print job limit.  My boss raised the limit in the registry to 120 while I tried to come up with a solution, however that hasn't helped a whole lot.  We get some days without trouble.  Yesterday, the server got clogged up 4 times.

Our reporting infrastructure predates the current group and is a little messy.  We're using the CrystalReportViewer to display reports and also using the built-in tool bar for report navigation, printing, (where applicable) and exporting.  The Viewer is either bound to a ReportDocument object, or a custom object with a ReportDocument property. All report binding takes place in the Page_Load event, with a check for postback.  I'll come back to this in a moment, as it may well be the problem.

There is no cleanup of ReportDocument objects being done and this was my first attempt to solve the problem. I tried to follow the prescribed microsoft practice in this article:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms225490(VS.80).aspx

I called reportdocument.Close() as applicable in the page unload event.  It appeared to be working, unfortunately too well.  It was interfering with our persistence of report objects in memory.  The report would load fine but as soon as someone went to a new page/printed/exported, the report would fail to properly re-load.  Actually, the first time one of those buttons was pushed (the first postback), it worked fine.  But subsequent post backs would fail, and produce a missing parameters error iirc.

In an act of desperation, I tried instead to just setting all objects to null when done with them.  The reports still persist fine, but we still keep getting Load Report errors.

I don't have a code example where the CrystalReportViewer *and* it's tool bar are being used, ReportDocument objects are being persisted in session, *and* report cleanup is taking place on Page_Unload.  Is it even supposed to be possible to do all of this?  If so, how do I need to alter my approach?  I stumbled onto the article regarding binding reports in Page_Init.  I could have sworn I had tried to do that previously because that's what the Code Sample for session persistance does, but I might be mistaken.  Anything else?

0
peacemaker

Hey there. We recently encountered the same problem on a site that was dynamically loading Crystal Reports onto the page. We have found a workaround and I've posted it here.

 I hope this helps,

 Clayton

0
claytonrumley

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

Questions when upgrading to Crystal Reports XI Release 2 from CR XI
A few questions1.  Can we run crystal reports XI and XI Release 2 reports from the same server?2.  Are there any differences in terms of what we need on the server when installing Release 2?3.  Are there any extra restrictions on the number of users when using Release 2?3.1  How many concurrent users are we restricted to?4.  Do we need a server version on the server for Release 2?5.  Is there anything else we need to be aware of when upgrading from Release 1 to Release 2?thanks...

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Adding Crystal Report in .Net 2.0
Hi I am getting the following error while adding crystal report in .Net 2.0 web applicationI have created the reports on developement machine and they are working properly. After deploying the reports it gives the followig error on the server.Can anyone please help.ThanksShashankDescription: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engi...

Crystal report deployment for .net 2.0
We have a problem with crystal reports. We developed a web application in .Net. We used Visual Studio.Net 2005 to develop the application. And for developing reports for web application we used crystal reports supplied along VS.Net 2005 We created crystal reports and those are working fine at our end. But the same reports are giving the following error when we host the application at client's place. Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT: The request could not be submitted for background processing.  we have run the Web Setup on the server, which includes CRRedist2005_x86.msi. We also ...

.Net 2.0 upgrade gives crystal problems
I have recently migrated a .NET project from v1.1 to v2.0, so now the application is hosted on a .NET 2.0 server.The application constructs a URL which is returned to the browser to fetch a crystal report.Now, on the .NET 2.0 server, the browser is displaying '...page is currently unavailable', but only intermittently, it doesn't fail every time.I've checked the loads on the database and the crystal server and it doesn't appear to be a performance problem. Is anyone aware of any issues with .NET 2.0 that may be causing this problem? Using .NET 2.0, Crystal 10....

Web resources about - Problem with Crystal Reports after upgrading to .net 2.0 and CR XI R2 SP2 - asp.net.crystal-reports

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube