Print Report Programatically(without print dialog)

Hi,

I'm new to CR. I want to print my generated report on the Windows platform with Visual Studio 2008 VB with my code. The only method I found is .Printout() for the CRViewer. This causes the Print Dialog to appear. I would like addressability to the print dialog parameters, i.e. copies, etc. but not have the end user in the loop. Can anyone help with some samples?

 Jim

0
jpalatine

I use something like this.

Receipt receipt = new Receipt();  // This is a ReportClass object

///set parameters and load report

receipt.PrintOptions.PrinterName = "STAR";  //case sensitive name from windows printer list.

receipt.PrintOptions.ApplyPageMargins(new CrystalDecisions.Shared.PageMargins(0, 0, 0, 0));  //set margin values

receipt.PrintToPrinter(2, false, 0, 0); //PrintToPrinter(int nCopies, bool collated, int startPageN, int endPageN)

0
bradPurdue

Sending print directly to the client printer without showing print dialog in crystal reports
Hi,       I am new to Crystal Reports.I have developed a report using VisualStudio2005 and every thing is working fine.  My  requirement is,when i click the  print icon on crystalreportviewer toolbar the report should send to the default printer on the client machine without showing the print dialog.But when i click on the print icon it is displaying a small popup window named as printcontrol and printdialog  popup to select the printer.   Plz help me ,It is very urgent. Thank u       if you use the default pri...

how to print crystal report without print preview
I am using VS dot net 2005 and use crystal report for reporting purposes. So my crystal report working properly. but I want to print two seperate crystal repot one after the other (without popup any dialog box) by clicking button . how can I do this?Chandana...

How to Print Z Report in Crystal Report?
Hi How can I Create Z report on Crystal Report by Z i mean Second Row Should be to the next of the First One Like This First Row Second Row Third Row Forth Row Fifth Row Sixth Row Can anyone help me here? any one?!  You can achieve this by checking "Format with multiple column" in Section Expert. And in layout tab checked 'Accross then down'. Detail --> Format Section -->Checked 'Format with multiple column'  Detail --> Format Section --> Layoutchecked 'Accross then down' This may help.Thanks, &n...

Printing report without viewing the report in browser
Hi All Is it possible to print the report in a button click of asp.net page without viewing the report. If  so please help me.Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything. Thanks,Arunkumar S PPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. Hi! If you have access to printers from ASP.NET server you can do it programmatically.This is one of the examples: http://www.bigresource.com/MS_SQL-HOW-TO-Print-a-report-directly-to-a-printer-g1quCqPv.htmlBest Regards,Alexander, Excel reports fan :)-----------------Now working with free...

Print Attached document when print from crystal report
hi...   I want something like....  I made a Purchase Order Crystal report...when i print it its working fine...  But now i want that suppose i have two word document attached with this po..  This document are in current directory and i also have path in my database.  I want to print this word document(Attached document) when i print po.   Please help me.. Thanks... niksasp.net: I want something like....   I made a Purchase Order Crystal report...when i print it its working fine...   But now i want that suppose i have two word document ...

Button that will print the report from Crystal Report
Hi.,Please help me, i have a data driven page, i am new to crystal report,  i am just starting to experiment the capabilities of how to make a report, can you please help me, when i made a report, i need to print that report, ofcourse, but how??i mean can i just put a button in my page that says Print then it will print the report that i made???if so, How?thanks for the help.,BTW, i am using VS2005, JFRBPH12™ Hi, Let me know if this helps : http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do;jsessionid=78B84A7B053037C324D7E78AD361D5E9?cmd=displayKC&docTyp...

Printing a report using Crystal reports and C#
I have a web page that uses the Wizard control that steps thru and collects info from a datasource. I would like to take this info , create a SelectionRecord string, pass it to a report and print the report. I do not need to view the report, I would just like to send it to the printer. Can someone send me the C# code that would handle this and were would I place the code so it prints when I click on the Finish button of the Wizard. Keep in mind I'm fairly new to C#    ...

Printing Crystal Report as a PDF in .Net
The Crystal Reports version 9.2.3.970 interface with VB.Net version 1.1.4322 SP1 just plain stinks! When I"m in Crystal Reports and I export the report to PDF everything is fine.  But when I run the Report through .Net and export it as a PDF file on a web page, it changes the fonts and it displays page numbers as "Page 1 of 1 and Page 2 of 1" instead of as "Page 1 of  2 and Page 2 of 2". How do you fix this problem?     What do you mean by "export as PDF on a web page"?  From what you describe, it sounds like your output format is HTML, not PDF. ...

Print Dialog box in Crystal reports
I am using ASP.net & C#  For Crystal erports i need to print the report directly without opening it, but  for that i also need the print dialog box just like the one in windows forms. How to write a client side javascript that creates for me print dialog box and get the result in the server side??? or any other solutions???     Hey! i have the same problem... did u get the solution of it?Thanks Refer to this site http://aspalliance.com/509_Automatically_Printing_Crystal_Reports_in_ASPNET.all  ...

Printing from VB .Net/Crystal Reports
I have a report that prints just fine to NT networked printers. However, it fails when it is sent to a ipp printer. The error messge is: An Exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occurred in Spoolsv.exe The VB code itself seems to execute without error. I get to the End Try of this code without triggering the Catch code. The unhandled exception comes after the call to the printer and before the End Try. Here is the code: Dim rptRevenueTracking As New ReportDocument Dim strLoadPath As String = "D:\Crystal.Net\Bar\Reports\HospitalCharges.rpt" Try ...

Print a SSRS report from a website without the user viewing the report
I have a SSRS report.  Is there a way to print a report from a website without the user viewing the report or having a dialog box come up? Thanks     Craig, You may check some of my slides on SSRS on my blog site. I seem to remember that Microsoft had an extension for directly printing a report. You could take some of this code and then marry it up with some demo code from my site showing you how to use the SSRS  web services .. Hope this helps you out. Cheers,AJArie D. JonesPrincipal Microsoft ConsultantPerpetual Technologies, Inc.www.perptech.comBlog: www.progra...

Error in Print Report using Crystal Report 9.2
Dear All, i have crystal report 9.2 and in my aspx page i can view the report and the print botton ebabled but when i try to print the report i get an error "Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\QAOUD\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_24baee3b-1d8e-48e8-949e-2fa95e6d75ba.rpt: Operation not yet implemented." can any body tell me where to start seeking to solve the problem?? is it a crystall report error? or its operating system error? Note: also i get this error when i try to export the data to PDF file using the export botton in the navigater appreciate any help.. thanks A...

Web resources about - Print Report Programatically(without print dialog) - asp.net.crystal-reports

Programatically assigning a Customer Group in Magento
... or thousands. The Customer Group might change because you want the specific customer to be in a different group, or you might want to programatically ...

Authentication - LinkedIn Developer Network
Authentication Wed, 01/12/2011 - 12:12 — LIDeveloperAdmin LinkedIn Authorization When your application acts on behalf of our members, it's important ...

User plod - Stack Overflow
Stack Exchange log in - careers - chat - meta - about - faq Stack Overflow Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question plod less info ...

Pipeline (Unix) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Unix-like computer operating systems (and, to some extent, Microsoft Windows ), a pipeline is the original software pipeline : a set of processes ...

okTravel's Data Sources
Features information of where okTravel gets its data, and maybe even why certain data sources were chosen over others.

Text Readability Scores - Web Development in Brighton - Added Bytes
hi! neat script! the layout seems to be broken, though. I get loads of whitespace between the input box of the script and your last paragraph. ...

Startup News: Save Amit, and Hm, Not Too Many Launches Last Week
CONQUER THE WORLD. Startup Weekend just closed a partnership with the Kauffman Foundation ; now it’s announced a two-year agreement with Google ...

Blippy / The Blippy Blog
The Official Blippy.com Blog

On designing UIs for non-robots
In a typical, attentive human subject, the usual latency between a visual stimulus and a voluntary motor response is between 100 and 300 milliseconds. ...

DDS Hands On « Bulldozer00's Blog
Introduction In 2009, I downloaded RTI Inc.’s Data Distribution Service (DDS) communication middleware software developer kit along with a free ...