ordering columns of crosstab report and variable length columns

Is it possible to order the columns of a crosstab report in a particular order. Can crystal reports handle result sets whose no. of columns may vary.

Thanks a lot

0
connect2sandeep

yes we can order the columns, for this In Cross tab expert select the GroupOptions in that column list. In that Group Options select the Specified Order format instead of ascending or desending order . In the specified order tab. you can add your specified order , run the report once in crystal itself so that the specified order list will be filled automatically, so that you can select the order and you can change it as your wish.

Regards,
Sasi

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
sasi
6/6/2008 6:59:05 AM

I meant if there are columns, A, B, C, is it possible to reorder the columns as B,A,C or C,B,A etc during runtime

A B C
1 1 1
0
connect2sandeep
6/6/2008 2:56:07 PM

 is it possible in crystal reports to take the value of adjacent columns of corresponding  rows to generate a calculated member in a cross tab. If its possible please show a snippet of the formula doing the same.

0
connect2sandeep

connect2sandeep:

I meant if there are columns, A, B, C, is it possible to reorder the columns as B,A,C or C,B,A etc during runtime

       I havent tried at runtime changing the column order, but design time i have changed the same to display BAC , or CBA like. For dynamically changing the column order try with find the cross tab object in code behind and set the column order property to specified order .

Good Luck!

Regards,
Sasi

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
sasi

Multi Column report in Crystal report
I am using Visual Studio 2008 Professional.   How to design multi column report in Crystal report? The checkbox "Format with Multi columns" is disable.....  Thanks....

displaying variable no of columns table in crystal report
hi all,I have a problem as follows;I have two tables Design and PriceList, Design table contains Design name and cost in INR. PriceList contains different currency and their value in INR.Now I have to show Design name , cost in INR, and calculated cost in different currency.DesignName    Price[inINR]    Euro    USDollar    ...    ...  I was thinking to create a combined table at runtime but in crystal report we already should have  known no of fields. But the no of fields is known only at runtime. because th...

Crosstab report in Crystal Reports
In a crosstab report how do I put a slash character between 2 summarized fields?I got the right values for the summarized fields I just need a slash between them. Eample 1 / 5 meaning they got 1 out of 5 correct.                   Test 1       Test 2John Doe     1 / 5         3 / 10Mary Doe   13 / 21       4 / 12  Thanks Just create a formula called MySlash. In the...

disable a clickabe capability of data columns in group header in Crystal Report.NET
hi, I developed a report in Crystal Report.NET. The Report has one group header, 5 data columns in that group header, and a detail section. I set group header to be able to drill down by using the command CrystalReportViewer.enabledrilldown= true. When I did that, all the 5 columns in group header are clickable columns. This means that when you click on any of these 5 columns, you will get the drill down. that's what I really don't want to do. What I want is: Just only the first columns in the group header to be a clickable column. The other 4 will be disable because I will add diff...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

SORT Columns in a CROSSTAB REPORT
Hi group , i have an M:N relationship and i wanna do an crosstab report. the tables are the follow: TABLE Customer idCust codeCust nameCust .... TABLE article Group idGroup codeGroup nameGroup TABLE Discount Is the realtionship table idGroup (foreing key group) idCust (foreing key customer) percent idDiscount the report is like the follow Code Name Group 3 Group 1 Group 2 1 Cust1 15% 2 Cust2 6% 10% 3 Cust3 5% 10% 4 Cust4...

crosstab report
Dear friends, Is there a way to insert columns within a cross tab reprot at runtime ? In my case i need to insert a special variance formula as an end column .... Thnaks in advance I haven't tried it, but I would try by setting the crosstab in static mode first and then adding the column. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do http://my.isug.com/index.php?mo=is&op=in "Alan Rechdan" <alan_rechdan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:48d758dd@forums-1-dub... ...

Web resources about - ordering columns of crosstab report and variable length columns - asp.net.crystal-reports

Strict weak ordering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 13 possible strict weak orderings on a set of three elements { a , b , c }. The only partially ordered sets are coloured, while totally ordered ...

Tarka Online Ordering on the App Store on iTunes
Get Tarka Online Ordering on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Accidentally ordering from Amazon during an Apple Watch demo - YouTube
One-click ordering plus a tiny smartwatch screen leads to unintended consequences.

Wife confesses to ordering hit on Australian Robert Ellis in Bali
The man found murdered, wrapped in plastic and dumped in a Bali rice field with his throat slashed was trying to build a motel in Sanur and was ...

Jeb Bush is ordering 'across-the-board' pay cuts for his campaign
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's (R) presidential...

Pre-ordering can help spread costs
Q. I run a jewellery business on a lean budget. How do I know how many materials to buy when orders are not steady?

Dominos and Ford deliver new in-car pizza ordering technology
DOMINOS and Ford have joined forces to deliver new in-car pizza ordering technology. And it's awesome.

Ordering coffee can be a grind
Ordering coffee can be a grind

Wife confesses to ordering hit on Australian Robert Ellis in Bali
The man found murdered, wrapped in plastic and dumped in a Bali rice field with his throat slashed was trying to build a motel in Sanur and was ...

Harris Farm online ordering - click 'n collect - IBM - Microsoft
What do fresh fruit and veggies have to do with technology, you ask?