Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object on Production Server

I am using the CR 9 bundled version with VS 2002 and I have a report
that runs correctly and exports to a PDF on my development
server.  I created and ran a web project setup file which included
the proper Crystal Merge Modules and license file, but I get the
dreaded "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error on
the production server.

I have read the KB articles on Crystal's site describing possible causes, but I have verified that the virtual directory for the Crystal viewer did get created successfully on the web server by my installer file.  After a fair bit of debugging, I have concluded that the issue MUST be a configuration problem, since I get this error just by loading an aspx page with an empty Crystal Report Viewer control on it.  I have also run the crnet10win_en.exe patch on the web server.  My web.config file contains the following sections:

        <assemblies>
            <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=9.1.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
            <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=9.1.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
            <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=9.1.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
            <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
        </assemblies>

If anyone could suggest where the problem might lie (and a possible fix) I would be extremely appreciative.  I am at a total loss as to where to look, though I suspect that the solution may not be a complicated one.

Thanks,
Rich

0
rich

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Here's the scenario I have a running code in my localhost using windows xp with microsoft visual studio .net 2003 installed. No problem running the application. But when I transfered the application to a windows server no microsoft visual studio .net 2003 installed. i encountered Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object ref...

Object reference not set to an instance of an objecObject reference not set to an instance of an object.
Hey, I am trying to get the value of the checkbox without_prices in the page_Load, i got this error: Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Please help me: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of
I'm using Dotnetnuke v3.2, when add 1 module, I got this error   "Error: Edit is currently unavailable.    DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DanPhong.DNN.Modules.DDTS.DDTSEdit.btnAddNew_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\dnn3\desktopmodules\ddts\ddtsedit.ascx.cs:line 95 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---"Please help....How will I fix this error?  Thanx! Looking at the error y...

Error using Crystal Report "Object referance not set to an instance of an object"
Hello, I am begginer using crystal Report in asp.net. I created one report in webform using crystal reportViewer. But there is error "System.NullReferanceException :  Object referance not set to an instance of an object." Please help me. I solved my problem using Sql Server user name and password. I think ,Without using password we cannot connect to sql database  for crystal report.(i.e. Using Windows Integrated Security) ...

Server error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
My install was complete then the inevitable happened.  I deleted my portal when i thought i was deleting a new page I added.  What have I done? Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution o...

Server Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I am using Visual Studio 2005. I have a asp.net application that works fine on my development PC. But when I publish the application and copy the files to the production server, I get a "Server Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object" whenever I try to navigate to any .ASPX webform.The Stack Trace is vague. However, I believe the problem has something to do with this call I perform in every webform's Page_Load:      string MyString = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings["mysetting"];I perform this call in every webf...

AJAX setup on the server (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
Hey there everyone, I have been developing a new web app here and yesterday launched it on the server. This app only has 1 AJAX control on 2 of the pages in the app. These two pages error out on the server but run fine here locally. removing the <asp:ScriptManager and the AJAX control fixes the problme but is not the solution i want to settle for here. ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions 1.0 has been installed ont he server and there is a AjaxControlToolkit.dll in the BIN of the app. Am i missing something here to get AJAX to run on this server. It is a Windows Server 2003 OS running IIS 6.0....

ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider
I've spent a week plus searching link afte link on people using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider. Grabbing Roles (Groups) from AD no problem, but actually getting User Information with Membership.GetUser? Fails everytime. In the end I ended up followng the steps in this blog post (http://blogbybob.com/archive/2007/03/09/active-directory-membership-and-roles-in-asp-net-2-0.aspx ) Problem is with: <add name="ADMembershipProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="ADConne...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object......array object problem..
 Hi! Im trying to create multiply arrays of an object thats ( the object "class" have I created myself, but I doubt the problem is there..since it all worked fine before I used arrays)...however...here is the code Im trying to run   connection.Open(); OleDbCommand getImagesMaxIDdb = new OleDbCommand("SELECT [ID] FROM [Image gallery] ORDER BY [ID] DESC;", connection); OleDbDataReader readIMGMAXID = getImagesMaxIDdb.ExecuteReader(); readIMGMAXID.Read(); int IMGMAXID = readIMGMAXID.GetInt32(0); //////...

Server error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Hello. I'm creating an AJAX Accordion control that pulls in a list of colleges and programs from a university database and creates the accordion panes at runtime. That is all well and good. The problem I'm having is the first row of the data table isn't coming in. The code is below. I suspect the bolded lines are causing the problem. Basically, the first time through the loop, rowCount = 1 and since that rowCount > 1 condition isn't met, the loop isn't executing. Additional times through the loop work correctly. If I change the loop condition to be rowCount >= 1 (or...

Error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" at the Server
Hi guys,   I had never worked with Crystal Reports before, this is my first big web project with ASP.NET/VB.NET and I’m using crystal reports to create the reports, they are working fine at the workstation, but at the server I’m getting an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” error.   The project was copied over to the server, no installation; virtual directory path is a directory somewhere in the server. I tried copying  Crystal dll’s to the application \bin directory but I'm still getting the same error.   I really need help with this issue, the...

Server Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Trying to upload image in database
Does any one has any clue for this error ? I did went through a lot of articles on this error but none helped . I am working in Visual studie 2005 and trying to upload image in sql database through a simple form. Here is the code   using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Web.Configuration; using System.IO; ...

Getting an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and no idea which object
I'm working on one of our ASP.NET 2005 projects now.  For the longest time we've gotten an error when compiling it that says, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  However, the irritating thing is it doesn't say what "object" its having problems with, and it certainly isn't telling me which file that has the problem.  So, I'm getting this error message that doesn't tell me where the error comes from.  All I know is that the error is "Out there".  Reminds me of an old X-Files episode. How am I t...

I was able to set up the club site with no problems using instructions from the forum for using SQL 2005, however when I try to use the same instructiion for the personal site I get the error Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  I have tried many different times and can not seem to figure it out.  Any idea's?  Here is the rest of the error.Stack Trace: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] PhotoManager.GetRandomAlbumID() +61 PhotoManager.GetPhotos() +5[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown b...

Web resources about - Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object on Production Server - asp.net.crystal-reports

Video production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Video production is videography , the process of capturing moving images on electronic media (e.g., video tape , direct to disk recording , or ...

OPEC 'dead' as oil countries go it alone on price and production
OPEC has abandoned all pretence of acting as a cartel. It's now every member for itself.

TAG Heuer Connected demand forces production increase, new models coming in 2016/17
TAG Heuer has had to almost double its production to meet demand for its first Android Wear luxury smartwatch. The TAG Heuer Connected is based ...

TAG Heuer smartwatch production to be increased due to high demand
Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer announced that it will be increasing the production of its TAG Heuer Connected smartwatch, in order to meet the anticipated ...

Faster fifth-gen Apple TV to enter production in early 2016
According to a recent report out of Taiwan, Apple is planning on beginning trial production of a new, fifth-generation Apple TV device in early ...

Citroen E-Mehari is wild enough to go into production
Filed under: Green , Citroen , Europe , Convertible , Electric Citroen reveals its E-Mehari, a funky cabriolet that will begin production early ...

Porsche approves production version of the electric Mission E concept
The automaker believes it will arrive in showrooms around the end of the decade.

Reports of slowing iPhone production may be greatly exaggerated
Reports that iPhone 6s production may be slower than expected may be plain wrong, if you go by the record earnings one iPhone supplier recorded ...

Production Designer Judy Becker On Creating Period New York City For ‘Carol’ And ‘Joy’
A frequent collaborator of directors Todd Haynes and David O. Russell , production designer Judy Becker is back this year with new films from ...

Inventec to undertake ODM production of 12.5-inch notebook for Xiaomi
Taiwan-based Inventec will undertake ODM production of a 12.5-inch notebook model for China-based vendor Xiaomi Technology at its factory in ...