load crystal report from client machine

Hello,

I work for a large organisation and they have tasked me to make a website for the display of there crystal reports. I am not authorized to upload the reports to the server so I must get Crystal Report viewer to read from the clients local machine C:\GISDATA\Reports\....rpt. how can i do this as the app thinks I am referencing a file from the c:\ on the server..???

Thanks
-1
XDEVAust

 Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared

Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Private northwindCustomersReport As ReportDocument

    Private Sub ConfigureCrystalReports()
        Dim myConnectionInfo As ConnectionInfo = New ConnectionInfo()
        myConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = "Northwind"
        myConnectionInfo.UserID = "sa"
        myConnectionInfo.Password = ""
        myConnectionInfo.ServerName = "."

        northwindCustomersReport = New ReportDocument()
        '  Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("NorthwindCustomers.rpt")
        'Check The Line Below I have used Localhost To load the crysal Report
        'sample I have used is "VB_Web_RDObjMod_DBLogon"
        'which Can Be found inside the follwing path
        'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Crystal Reports\Samples
        'For clinet U will Require It website name in wthich the Reports are located in It..

'**********************************************************************************************************

       Dim reportPath As String = ("http://localhost/CrystaRport_From_IP/NorthwindCustomers.rpt")
 '********************************************************************************************************

 northwindCustomersReport.Load(reportPath)
        myCrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = northwindCustomersReport
        SetDBLogonForReport(myConnectionInfo, northwindCustomersReport)
    End Sub

    Private Sub SetDBLogonForReport(ByVal myConnectionInfo As ConnectionInfo, ByVal myReportDocument As ReportDocument)
        Dim myTables As Tables = myReportDocument.Database.Tables
        For Each myTable As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Table In myTables
            Dim myTableLogonInfo As TableLogOnInfo = myTable.LogOnInfo
            myTableLogonInfo.ConnectionInfo = myConnectionInfo
            myTable.ApplyLogOnInfo(myTableLogonInfo)
        Next
    End Sub

    Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Init
        ConfigureCrystalReports()

    End Sub
End Class

Thanks
Avinash Tiwari

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.
1
qwe123kids
5/5/2009 5:12:03 AM
qwe123kids:
       Dim reportPath As String = ("http://localhost/CrystaRport_From_IP/NorthwindCustomers.rpt")
Priority:: Hey there and thanks for your reply.. Um I do not think that will work.. these machines will not be set up with IIS so I don't understand how using http://localhost/ will work and on top of that how will it reference the required folder??? all it needs to do is read a report from the users C:\ which is where the report resides..(not on the server) Extra:: I have also been considering the possibility that the user will not have the required reports on there machine so I think I will need a download to occur on pageload that the reports will download to that directory.. C:\GISDATA\Reports\. how can I achieve this??
2
XDEVAust

Local Host I have used....

U have use IP address of Clinet and Keep The Reports on Web Accesable Folder....

Your Path Would be http://<clinet Ip Addres>/<web Acessable foldr>/<Report Namer>

and Local U r talking I have Created Virtual Dir on Folder Which was Containg Path on Differnt Path Example: -

I have Kept report on D:/testReport/Report/Customerrept.rtpt..

and My Application was in differtn Folder..

Rather than Using Absolute OPath ex :D:///

I ahev use dRelative Path ex :=http://localhost/

Thanks
Avinash Tiwari

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.
1
qwe123kids

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Load Report Failed
Hi,  I am using the built in Crystal Report in VS.NET 2005. I followed 2 examples which seem to work until I run the crystal report, then receive "Load Report Failed" on top of the crystal report......   I have selected the table required, and put only 3 fields on the Crystal report, and made its report source my report.rpt, and in the Page_load event, put in databind() I obviouly put the crystalreportviewer on an aspx page first. But gives me the"Load report Failed" Why ? Can anyone assist please ?  Im using an access database Could it be becaus...

Crystal Report
HiI am using VS 2003 framework 1.1in my asp.net application crystal report run fine in my PC.But on demo server it will giving error,Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.Stack Trace:[LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.]   .I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID ) +272   .E(String , Int32 ) +56   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +1262   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportCla...

Crystal Report : Load report failed.
Hi all, I have a problem showing a CR's report in an aspx file. The report use an Ms Access table as datasource and it works fine, I mean when I click on the "Main Report Preview" button the report is displayed correctly. And I still get the error "Load report failed." when trying to show it in an aspx file using CrystalReportViewer. Here is my code : 1   <CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" 2           AutoDataBind="True" Height="50px" ...

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

Load Report Failed
Hi Experts I have weird problem on my production server, i receive error message running report "Load Report Failed". The issue is that i receive the error message any few hours, intially report load fine but when users access report simultaneously the load report fails. Is it something like the report file (*.rpt) getting locked. I would really appreciate if someone can help me resolve the issue ASAP. Kind Regards Bhavesh   There is a default of 75 ReportDocument objects to be open at one time. To prevent this from happenning, make sure that you close and dispo...

Crystal Reports .Load() very slow on one report.
My application has one report that loads significantly slower than all of the others.  The only difference is that it contains a sub-report in the footer, but other than that it is not a complex report.This is the line that is taking 25 seconds the first time a user prints the report: (All other reports take less than a second for the same line.)l_objReport.Load(l_sPath);Are there any issues to watch out for that would cause such a slow load?  This, btw, is prior to the report being given its data source... I have the same problem, several reports which all use the same dataset a...

Crystal Reports Problem Load Report Failed
I've got problem whit Crystal Reports  my  Code is <code><form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">   <cr:CrystalReportViewer    runat="server"    id="CrystalReportViewer1"      Width="1030px" Height="1073px"   ReportSource= '<%# "D:\Grafici\test.rpt" %>' >   </cr:CrystalReportViewer>  </form></code>Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: C...

Web resources about - load crystal report from client machine - asp.net.crystal-reports

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

Wellington, the town in NSW where crystal meth costs less than beer
One NSW town is so overrun by the drug ice that it is known as &quot;little Antarctica&quot;, and police say children as young as 10 are experimenting. ...

Steve McClaren irate after Newcastle United's humiliating loss to Crystal Palace
Steve McClaren will haul his embattled Newcastle squad in for an extra training session on Sunday following their humiliating defeat at Crystal ...

This crystal clear Speck case will actually protect your iPhone 6s
... protection for your iPhone. Well, the BGR Deals team has the perfect solution: The Speck Products CandyShell Case for iPhone 6/6S , is crystal ...

Former CIA Chief Morell: ‘Crystal Clear’ Obama’s ISIS Strategy Is Not Working
Former CIA Chief Morell: 'Crystal Clear' Obama's ISIS Strategy is Not Working

Crystal Lake man, 18, killed kitten over fight about bong: prosecutor
The 18-year-old man accused of killing a kitten with his bare hands had become enraged during an argument with his sister over a bong, a prosecutor ...

CEO: My 'crystal ball' is smoky
Here's what is keeping Corporate America on the sidelines, according to Waste Management CEO David Steiner.

Casey Wilson & June Diane Raphael Set Elizabeth Laime Comedy ‘Crystal’ At ABC
... duo, USB alums June Diane Raphael and Casey Wilson , have teamed with comedy writer/podcaster and fellow USB-er Elizabeth Laime for Crystal ...

Moon ring caused by iced crystals - FOX Carolina 21
... their heads to the sky for a better look. The moon has a ring around it! Meteorologist Kendra Kent says the ring is caused by ice crystals ...

The Crystal Gems Are Cuter Than Ever in Funko's Amazing Steven Universe Toys
We’ve known for a while that the delightful Steven Universe would be getting some long-awaited merchandise , and now we have our first look at ...