Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?

I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated.

0
ramesh1520

Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.

Eric

0
eseidel
1/15/2008 6:29:15 PM
Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand?
0
ramesh1520
1/16/2008 8:52:10 AM

Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe.

0
eseidel
1/16/2008 1:10:35 PM
Can u tell me some third party reporting programs and how to use them?
0
ramesh1520
1/18/2008 1:52:14 AM

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with them, but I do know they exist.  Just search for 3rd party .net graphing sdks.

0
eseidel

Can we generate crystal reports programmatically using embedded crystal reports designer in visual studio ide?
I have a requirement like i have to generate crystal report based on the user's requirements during runtime?Can u suggest me how to do?...

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

retrieving crystal report graph images instead of using crystal report viewer
is it possible to retrieve the crystal report graph images without using the crystal report viewer.  ...

Need advice on debugging my crystal report. Is there a way to execute a crystal report formula within the IDE
 Hello. I am new to crystal reports.  I am looking for ways to debug my Crystal report. Sometimes when my application generates a report, the report only displays the top of the report with no results displayed at all. I am thinking that the reason for this is that my formula sometimes returns a value of zero. In turn this results in the report not being generated. Here is my formula. Is there a way to step through the execution of this crystal reports code, without having to start my C#/ASP.NET application in the debugger? In other words within the Crystal report displayed in th...

creating reports in Visual studio 2005 using Crystal report
hi: i was trying to create a report using crystal report in visual studio 2005 and i was unable to link my database to the report.rpt can anyone please tell me the steps how to connect my database to the crystal report or any link that may help me.     very ugently. thank you for your support...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

How to use Crystal Report Selection Formula manually in my Crystal Report page.
Hello, I have Link button on each gridview row and I want to take priview of that row through Crystal Report viewer when I click on Link Button on Gridview row.  In this  CrystalReports1.aspx.cs page I am using record number '35' and it is showing this record correctly but I want to view the each record which is clicked on Linkbutton.  Default.aspx <asp:TemplateField> <ItemTemplate><asp:LinkButton ID = "commandSelect" text = "Preview" Runat="Server" OnClick="commandSelect_Click"/> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField> Default.aspxprotected void commandSelect_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  LinkButton btn = new LinkButton(); btn = (LinkButton)sender;GridViewRow grdRow = ((GridViewRow)btn.Parent.Parent);string keyID; keyID = grdRow.Cells[1].Text.Trim(); //where Cells[1] is the column index where you store your primary keySession["Quotation_No"] = keyID;this.Response.Redirect("CrystalReports1.aspx"); } CrystalReports1.aspx.csprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {  // Here I want to change but not aware how to apply code when click on Link Button. this.CrystalReportViewer1.SelectionFormula = "{Quotation_Master.QUOTATION_NO} = 35"; // I want to change here what will be the code for display the record on click the link button. I put here Quotation_No = 35 which record is displaying on Link button clic...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

How to build dynamic report using crystal report?
I need to create reportObjects like filedobject, textobject and diplay them on the report at runtime. How to add reportObjects at runtime in .NET using crystal report 9 or 10. Thanks That's a really, really long answer. Maybe you should start with some of the documentation, and post questions regarding more specific problems? First of all, are you using CR 9 or are you using CR 10?If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

why to use crystal report rather than report viewer?
 why to use crystal report rather than report viewer?crystal report is not available with web development 2005 . It have report viewer . so what is the advantage of crystal report over  crystal report ? ...

Dynamic creation of report using crystal report
Hi All,       I am using crystal report of VS .Net  2005. I have a recordset I can get indefinite no. of fields  to display. And I have to arrange it dynamically according to the required format of the report. For Ex: Case 1 : I have 10 fields to display on the report and for them I have to perform calculation also.  Case 2 : I have 5 fields to display on the report and for them I have to perform calculation also.        So, I want to arrange all the fields dynamically in the formate given. Please help me. Thanks Nitin &nb...

report viewer with crystal reports
Hi every one ....i am a starter in integrating crystal reports to the asp .net website using report viewer.. it would be helpful if some one could point me on where to get started with some tutorials of 1. posting the crystal reports to the server 2. displaying the crystal reports in asp .net reportviewer control on a aspx page Thanks in advanceSriPlease mark as answer if it helped you Go to http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/, and http://aspalliance.com/crystal/.  If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs thanks for the links...and can you point me to a tutorial on how to :use report viewer to display crytal reports in aspx page"SriPlease mark as answer if it helped you Right there on the front page of Crystal Alliance:http://aspalliance.com/crystal/redir.aspx?ArticleURL=http://aspalliance.com/265 If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs thanks once i saw the article it tells you on how to create/view crystal reports on your local machine ... i need a way to post them to a sever and access them to an aspx page using crytal report viewer (In SSRS we post our reports to the "reportserver" virtual directory of the sql server and give the "path" and "servername" to the report viewer so that it grabs the report and dispays it in the web page... i need some...

Dynamic Report by Crystal report
Hi, I want to dynamiclly generate report. I know I can use dataset and using several rpt file. I want to generate dynamiclly report not define several rpt file and set crystalReportViewer to one of them! Can I dynamiclly build rpt or add field to rpt file or use reportDocument directly (not loading rpt on it)? Suppose you want to write a general class that get a table and the returen a reportDocument which can be used in CrystalReportViewer. How can you do that?...

how to generate reports (not a crystal report)
 how to create reports in asp.net..data coming from an sql server 2005 databse. Using ASP.NET to Create Multi-Page Custom Reports               Make Reports Quickly With ASP.NET and XMLWe All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch at3_0506:how to create reports in asp.net..data coming from an sql server 2005 databse. Hi, You can use the ASPNET ReportViewer Control (rdlc) to generate a report with data from database:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/ReportViewer.aspxhttp://geekswithblogs....

Dynamic Reporting in Crystal Reports
Hi guys,i am developing a report that is generated from dynamic Datasource ,the report document has just 1 report group/table but the fields are unknown and they should be driven from datasource is there any solution/refrence that u guys suggest in this case? thanx-----------------Dont Forget to mark "Is answer" if the post was helpfulthanx BlueBoy...

How to render pdf directly on crystal report viewer (WHEN crystal report expects user input before rendering)
  If a crystal report do not need any parameter  or, if parameters can be supplied using code-behind (without user help), I am able to render a pdf on crystal report viewer. BUT if a crystal report needs user input then how do I reneder a PDF on crystal report viewer? I see a parameter-asking dialog-box from crystal report where user supplies input values and hit OK button, but then on click of OK button do I have control what gets rendered a crystal report or, a pdf or, doc?  Or, can I set crystal report viewer control property to say that report need to be rend...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

Beginner question
hi all,it is the first time i am using crystal report function to generate the report. i have already create two pages: report.rpt and report.aspx. i want to use the report.aspx page to call the report.rpt to generate the report, but seems it doesn' t work.my code (very sample - i want to test first):  Dim myreport As New CrystalReport        Me.CrystalReportViewer1.DisplayGroupTree = False        Me.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = myreportError message: Invalid Report Source. Description: An unhandled exception ...

Web resources about - Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide? - asp.net.crystal-reports