How to pass parameter in crystal report using dataset in vb.net

 dear friends

              i am new to crystal report. so i need the detail explanation on crystal report in vb.net

 i want to create crystal report using dataset,

i want to pass parameter value in crystal report or dataset.

regards

Samuel chandradoss John

Thanks and regards

Samuel Chandradoss John
0
samuelchandradoss

you can refer here

http://forums.asp.net/p/1359067/2825312.aspx#2825312

and also

http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Using-Crystal-Reports.aspx

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
-1
mudassarkhan
2/13/2009 6:25:14 PM

 thanks for ur reply. but that reference shows the usablity of cr report in asp.net. but i want in vb.net .

 and also the paramerter passing to the cr report also needed . can we use dataset for user defined parametrized query with the link of two tables. without the use of views.

Thanks and regards

Samuel Chandradoss John
0
samuelchandradoss
2/14/2009 4:15:05 AM

samuelchandradoss:

 thanks for ur reply. but that reference shows the usablity of cr report in asp.net. but i want in vb.net .

 and also the paramerter passing to the cr report also needed . can we use dataset for user defined parametrized query with the link of two tables. without the use of views.

it will be applied to windows app too

Secondly yes tou can have more than one table in a dataset

once you create a typed dataset you can connect ur report to it

and drag the fileds ffrom any tables you want which are there in the typed dataset

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
2/14/2009 6:02:52 AM

 how to create typed dataset ?

and how i can add it to cr report . pls give sample code and proccess flow.

thanks for ur help.

Thanks and regards

Samuel Chandradoss John
0
samuelchandradoss
2/14/2009 9:16:42 AM

samuelchandradoss:

how to create typed dataset ?

and how i can add it to cr report . pls give sample code and proccess flow.

thanks for ur help.

Create typed datasets

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320714

 CR with typed dataset

http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET/Working-with-ADONET-Datasets-and-NET-Objects-using-Crystal-Reports-and-ASP-NET-2-0/

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/CrystalReportsInDotNet2.aspx

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan

using dataset in crystal report in vb.net
Hi alI, I want to use the user defined data set in run time in vb.net for eg. A user wants to put data in run time for that particulart filed  all data should be taken from database. Can Any 1 suggest me what to do.   Thnaks, Bob       Create a typed dataset of the dataset u r using for the gridview using ds.WriteXMLSchema("C:\data.xsd"). Add it to ur application code folder Create an object of the typed dataset. Get dataset into it. Bind it to the gridview. Keep the dataset in session so that u can reuse it Then create a c...

Problem with passing parameters from VB.Net to Crystal reports
I have been using Crystal reports XI with my ASP.NET website for quite some time now. I am trying to add a new crystal report to my ASP.NET website. I was able to design and create the website fine. But when I try to run the report, at run time I get 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Invalid index' error. This happens when I try to set the paramater value for my stored procedure. I am pretty sure that I have spelled the parameter name correctly. I notice a couple of things here. The ParameterType for this new report says 'StoredProcedureParameter' where as for all...

how to work with XMLSchema.xsd with disconnected dataset using vb.net for builiding crystal report
hai! i heard recently we can build crystal reports dynamically through xmlschema.xsd so, how to work with XMLSchema.xsd with disconnected dataset using vb.net for builiding crystal report...

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

Error in using crystal reports in vb.net (2005)
I am using visual studio 2005, I need to use crystal reports XI objects in my project. I dont need to view the reports, just to access the objects of crystal reports to load the reports and print the reports directly in printer. I used the CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msm merge modules and add reference to the below dlls. CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dllCrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dllCrystalDecisions.Shared.dllCrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll But still i got the error "The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an excep...

how to create crystal report using VB.NET with the database of ACCESS
hi..! i want to create crystal report of my project.em using access database...!   but i have no idea how to create reports using VB.NET with the access db  i create the report but it shows only one record  hi ......You can do it PUSH method of creating crystal reports...!!!!! In push method Typed Dataset is used as the data sourcefor crystal report...!!!Steps for creating the report could be.....1. add a typed dataset to your solution.2.go to server explorer.3.connect your access file to your server explorer. 4.Change data base.. 5.attach access file..!!6.test ...

Web resources about - How to pass parameter in crystal report using dataset in vb.net - asp.net.crystal-reports

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters