how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service

Hi guys

I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .

 I've thought of two possible solutions.

1st   I can do that in an HTML format

2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .

 Creating Image is extremely overwhelming beside It takes a long time to render  that on the server (Over 12 seconds on my local machine despite it is rendering only less than half of what it supposed to render ! )

on the other hand I don’t know is it really operational to print my reports from a html ? how can I find out? Does anybody did the same ?

tank you in advance

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.
0
H_R

hello , moderator , why did you transfer this to Crystal reports forum ??!?!?

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.
0
H_R

crystal reports or sql reporting services?
Hi, Need to make a decision about which of these to go for. I'm looking to develop a web-based reporting solution which replaces a networked Access Database which displays stacked bar charts and line graphs and tabulated data. All the data will be coming from SQL Server 2000 databases on our intranet. I've got 2 yrs asp.net and sql server but no experience in either CR or SQL RS. Has anyone got experience in both of these technologies to help me out with the best way forward. All responses appreciated. Cheers. Both will do pretty much the same thing--get ...

sql reporting services crystal reports
My computer has vs 2008 wish to use sql 2005 standard vista I wish to use sql reporting services , crystal reports, web services, ecommerce, wcf, soa, enterprise development in net, etc What is the best web hosts? I contacted orcsweb, discount asp.net. I wish to use a shared host.....What are my options.... enterprise development for commercial development maybe sharepoint Can I configure sql standard on my computer? I do not wish to use default settings what is the best way to do this?               Hello, Maybe i...

Crystal reports to Reporting Services
Crystal reports to Reporting Services Is there any way I can convert Crystal reports to Reporting Services instead of creating reports again in Reporting Services?   HI,  JIM.H. You can check out this great article. Hope it helps Converting Crystal to Reporting Services http://blogs.msdn.com/gsnowman/archive/2005/10/12/480305.aspx If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information. I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my p...

Reporting services, Crystal reports ?
Hi, I'm very new in using VS.  How can I export report ?  I find it has Report, Crystal Reports controls in Toolboxs.  If it's possible, please explain the procedures as detail as possible. Thanks a lot ! stephen     I reference some online tutorial about how to use Crystal Report in VS 2005.  Follow the instruction up to connect database using "OLD DB SQL Server" and logon the server.  It prompted me Server name, User ID, Password and Database.  I typed "localhost" for Server name (suggested by tutorial).  Does User ID ...

Crystal Reports vs SQL Reporting Services
Hi all! May I ask which is better to use: Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services? Thanks to all. What are your reporting needs?  This will likely dictate one solution over another moreso than anybody's personal recommendations. My personal experience with Crystal (9.x and below) is that you'll be struggling for a while to get reporting that even works (especially web-based reporting).  Reporting Services, on the other hand, has always just worked for me.  But, there are certainly limitations with both products. So, my personal preferences are in the following order.&nbs...

Crystal Reports vs Sql Server Reporting Services.
I have some reporting requirements. Please advise whether I should go for Crystal Reports or Sql Server Reprting Services.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Onr thing I would like to add. The reports are to be incorporated in web pages only or can be viewed by the business people standalone, but no support for desktop based product is required.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Check this link. its good, but its better, if u tell ur requirements briefly. so that we can suggest u http://www.crystalr...

Bind crystal reports / sql reports to ADO.NET
Hi,  I'm a beginner trying to find out if it's possible to directly connect an sql report/crystal report to an ADO.NET data set?   It all depends on what version of Visual studio you are using. Here are the steps for VS2005 In VS2005 you need to do the following: 1) Right click on your solution and select add, New Item. 2) Add a dataset and create your queries in the dataset. Make sure you save this dataset or it will not show up later. 3) Add your reportviewer 4) Right click on your solution and select add new Item Again and then add a crystal report 5) In the cr...

Crystal Report vs SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello,Can any one suggest which is best Crystal Report or SQL Server reporting services,  in compare of performance, developing and licensing cost.Can we use any of these reporting on shared hosting.If we want to go for SSRS then which edition of SQL Server we should purchase.Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

use crystal report or reporting service in SQL 2005?
I used Crystal report .NET for a couple of years but do not really like it. Now, reporting service is available in SQL 2005. Someone can give me suggestion: use crystal report or reporting service in SQL 2005? Or use another product from third party?...

Need help in crystal report or sql reporting services....
Hello guys, i have a problem in reporting services can any one help me or suggest me how i can solve this problem.. here is problem... i have 1 databse name as DDP and i need to generate some reports from it. in report there must be some graphs ( which depend on data calculation ) and also information in tabular format like gridview.. i tried to use crystal report and sql reporting services..  and this is a web application so i am using ASP.NET control.. after showing this graphs and information i need to export all stuff in to excel sheet.. i am able to export only grid information...

Web resources about - how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service - asp.net.crystal-reports

instaPress - Create your own printable Book from Photos, Blogs, PDFs on your phone easy and fast on the ...
Get instaPress - Create your own printable Book from Photos, Blogs, PDFs on your phone easy and fast on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Google printable 3D classes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
For 3 D web browsing with the new 3D Chrome.

Printable pills that diagnose your ills on the way
YOUR computer printer could soon be printing pills personalised to your individual biological needs and they could include a camera that diagnoses ...

Printable solar panels, developed by CSIRO and Melbourne universities, one step closer to market
Australian scientists are a step closer to a cheaper and faster way to print solar cells onto plastic.

US senator seeking extension of printable gun ban
The technology has recently advanced to create handguns made entirely out of plastic that are capable of shooting several shots before faltering. ...

Free Gift Tags: 30 Printables For Your Christmas Presents
... store and buy yourself a pack of gift tags, or you could do something a little different this year and make them yourself — kind of. Printable ...

Printable/Email-able gift cards for Christmas shopping slackers everywhere
... or Print a gift card in $10, $15, $25, $50 or $100 denominations. Or save a few bucks at Walmart/Sams Club. . 2. Amazon has a load of Printable ...

This Gun Is Your Gun, This Gun Is My Gun: A 2L’s Quest To Make Printable Firearms
A UT Law student wants to create a way for people to print guns in the privacy of their own homes.

A 3D Printable Revolution
One way 3D printing is changing the world for the better – personalized prosthetics: Bloomberg View’s editors suspect that this is only the ...

Autodesk's Tinkerplay Lets You Design Your Own 3D Printable Action Figures
Kids have really cool toys these days, but as with all things, 3D printing can make them even better. The latest app from Autodesk is called ...