How to create dynamic crystal reports at runtime in vb.net?

Hai All,

I want to create crystal reports dynamically, I don't know the columns i will take it from database at runtime, im getting all data into one dataset and im convrting dataset into xml schama, then im using that xml schama in crystal reports,there i drag n drop all fields in xml schama to crystal report, up to here its working fine, but when ever i changed fields in database i have to change in crystal report also

Is there any way to update crystal report dynamically.....?(it shoulld display newly added columns in database also, Is it possible????)

Thanks,
Aswath.

0
bhappy

john_v
4/30/2008 7:58:27 AM

HI,

Thanks for replay,

I generated report dynamically using formula fields and parameter fields......

Thanks,

Aswath.

0
bhappy
4/30/2008 8:09:29 AM

how to use formula field in crystal report useing vb.net at run time

0
amitp1203

In CR goto Field explorer -----Formula fields--Rightclick---New-------------give some name

In codebehind(vb.net) pass the value like this

 rptDocument.DataDefinition.FormulaFields(0).Text = "'" + CStr(Trim(dt.Rows(0).Item("company_name"))) + "'"

0
bhappy

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Is it possible to assign datasource dynamically at runtime to crystal report(.rpt) with VB.NET 2.0??
Hi experts, Can any one suggest me Is it possible to assign datasource dynamically at runtime to crystal report(.rpt) with VB.NET 2.0??I can only use Datasets in my case!! Typed-datasets are column-fixed right!!! But my data I assign is dynamic???? I actually gave a typed dataset having datatable with 4 fixed column  as datasource to crystal report .rpt at design timeBelow is my piece of code    Dim mydt As DataTable = New DataTable            schemadt = DummyTable() 'Function to retrieve Data TableDim r...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Dynamically Calling Crystal Report from .net 2005 with no crystal login
Most of us develop .net applications and will try to integrate thecrystal reports with the applications.  I tried all possbile options,and succesfully implemented them. I would like share some of them withyou all.  Environment Visual Studio 2005 and Crystal Report XI. 1. Create a Crystal Report as usual in Visual studio 2005 .net   using ODBC connection. In this example "CrystalReport.rpt"   2. Create a aspx web form to display the report.  This form will   be a place holder for crystal report. 3. In design mode, drag and drop Crystal Report ...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

How to create Report Letter with multiple pages in C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS2008
Hi experts, I’d like to have some helps from you guys. I need to create an app with C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS 2008 for a Landscape & Nursery company.  The company will send out coupon letters to some customers who purchased something from the company within past 12 months. Users will get customers’ info from database using zip code. I have a drop-down control to populate all the eligible zip codes. The following 8 data fields will be retrieved from database; FirstName, LastName, Address1, Address2, City, State, ZipCode, and PreviousPurchased. I have a pre-defined Crystal R...

VS.Net 2005 does not create the .vb class for Crystal Report
In Visual Studio 2005, when I try to add a new Crystal Report file to my project, VS does not generate the .vb file, so I cannot instantiate a report object from the class. We are 2 in the same situation, and we tried to uninstall / reinstall VS.Net 2005 but that didn't helped. I tried the same thing in VS.Net 2003 and it's working... I have the same problem, this code is working fine with VS2003 but Not with vs2005; and the error is the class is not recognized by vs2005. and this error:error  BC30560: 'CrystalReportViewer' is ambiguous in the namespace 'CrystalDecisions.Web'...

how to create crystal report using VB.NET with the database of ACCESS
hi..! i want to create crystal report of my project.em using access database...!   but i have no idea how to create reports using VB.NET with the access db  i create the report but it shows only one record  hi ......You can do it PUSH method of creating crystal reports...!!!!! In push method Typed Dataset is used as the data sourcefor crystal report...!!!Steps for creating the report could be.....1. add a typed dataset to your solution.2.go to server explorer.3.connect your access file to your server explorer. 4.Change data base.. 5.attach access file..!!6.test ...

Can somebody help
I Seem to be going nuts ! I know it has to be simple but I am missing the link. I haven't used crystal reports with asp.net before. So pardom me if my problem sounds silly. My requirement is very simple actually. I am using asp.net 1.1 with vb.net in vs.net 2003 with the inbuilt crystal reports control. I have to connect to a sql server 2000 database to extract rows from a stored procedure which accepts a parameter and the report has to be in Mail label format. I referred various books and web sites and according to that , added a crystal reports file to the project and selected the store...

Crystal Reports in VB.NET
I am not new to vb.net or Crystal but I am new to incorporating the two.   What do I need to add reference to inorder to show an already created Crystal Report?  And what is the form control for viewing Crystal Reports?...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Bind crystal reports / sql reports to ADO.NET
Hi,  I'm a beginner trying to find out if it's possible to directly connect an sql report/crystal report to an ADO.NET data set?   It all depends on what version of Visual studio you are using. Here are the steps for VS2005 In VS2005 you need to do the following: 1) Right click on your solution and select add, New Item. 2) Add a dataset and create your queries in the dataset. Make sure you save this dataset or it will not show up later. 3) Add your reportviewer 4) Right click on your solution and select add new Item Again and then add a crystal report 5) In the cr...

Cannot view crystal report in VB.Net
All,, Iam working on .net 2003 and crystal reports.  I created a report by name EventReport.rpt and i tried to attach that with vb.net and when i execute the .aspx program i cannot view the report.  Can anyone here help me out ??? My source code is given below Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared Imports CrystalDecisions.ReportSource   Dim report_url As String = "\Reports\EventReport.rpt"  Private Sub cmdOk_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdOk.Click Dim strCryst...

Printing from VB .Net/Crystal Reports
I have a report that prints just fine to NT networked printers. However, it fails when it is sent to a ipp printer. The error messge is: An Exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occurred in Spoolsv.exe The VB code itself seems to execute without error. I get to the End Try of this code without triggering the Catch code. The unhandled exception comes after the call to the printer and before the End Try. Here is the code: Dim rptRevenueTracking As New ReportDocument Dim strLoadPath As String = "D:\Crystal.Net\Bar\Reports\HospitalCharges.rpt" Try ...

Dynamic Report by Crystal report
Hi, I want to dynamiclly generate report. I know I can use dataset and using several rpt file. I want to generate dynamiclly report not define several rpt file and set crystalReportViewer to one of them! Can I dynamiclly build rpt or add field to rpt file or use reportDocument directly (not loading rpt on it)? Suppose you want to write a general class that get a table and the returen a reportDocument which can be used in CrystalReportViewer. How can you do that?...

RunTime Report With Crystal Report
hi dears. I'm a new user and work with C#. i want create RunTime Reports with Crystal Report. but i can't. I can't send parameters in C# programs to Crystal Report File. i want list fileld's in my program. and select Choice Field's. and send to crystal report file. then report that field and values. for example : i select in program name and family and phone number and home address. and click to report. and send that parameters to report file. name family phone address ---------------------------------- xxxxx xxxx1 4341254 ...

Dynamic Reporting in Crystal Reports
Hi guys,i am developing a report that is generated from dynamic Datasource ,the report document has just 1 report group/table but the fields are unknown and they should be driven from datasource is there any solution/refrence that u guys suggest in this case? thanx-----------------Dont Forget to mark "Is answer" if the post was helpfulthanx BlueBoy...

Web resources about - How to create dynamic crystal reports at runtime in vb.net? - asp.net.crystal-reports

Dynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brownian dynamics , the occurrence of Langevin dynamics in the motion of particles in solution (e.g. a grain in water, as was first seen by Brown); ...

Datacenter Dynamics
Datacenterdynamics for data center information, conferences, news, videos, whitepapers and reports globally

Dynamic Chiropractic - chiropractic, news, articles, research & information for chiropractors - Find ...
Dynamic Chiropractic - chiropractic, news, articles, research & information for chiropractors - Find a Chiropractor

Malcolm Turnbull announces 'dynamic' ministry
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announces the results of a ministerial reshuffle, to feature six women in cabinet, in the wake of several retirements ...

Cabinet reshuffle: Malcolm Turnbull unveils 'dynamic' new ministry as Mal Brough resigns
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announces his new frontbench, emphasising the roles of his younger and female colleagues.

The Master & Dynamic MW60 Wireless Headphones impress
... life. Bluetooth audio technology is slowly improving, however, if youre willing to spend the money. Based in New York City, Master & Dynamic ...

Lenovo and Apple: PCs’ Dynamic Duo, Gobbling Up Share in Downbeat Market
... in units sold, with gains in market share for top vendor Lenovo Group ( 0992HK ), and for Apple ( AAPL ), who turned out to be the Dynamic Duo ...

Seattle Councilmember O'Brien: Power dynamic between Uber, drivers is out of balance
Seattle is the first city in the U.S. to give Uber drivers the right to form a union, but whether that actually happens might be up to the courts. ...

Steel Dynamics, Inc. (STLD) Rating Lowered to Hold at TheStreet
Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:STLD) was downgraded by research analysts at TheStreet to a “hold” rating in a research note issued to investors ...

Dynamic difficulty tuning is coming to Killing Floor 2
Killing Floor has a fairly hardcore following: these folks build wikis to know every single damage value in the game, and pore over enemy animations ...