how to create crystal report using VB.NET with the database of ACCESS

hi..!

 i want to create crystal report of my project.

em using access database...!

but i have no idea how to create reports using VB.NET with the access db

0
asad_black

 i create the report but it shows only one record

0
asad_black
2/24/2009 6:09:12 PM

 hi ......

You can do it PUSH method of creating crystal reports...!!!!! In push method Typed Dataset is used as the data sourcefor crystal report...!!!

Steps for creating the report could be.....

1. add a typed dataset to your solution.

2.go to server explorer.

3.connect your access file to your server explorer.

4.Change data base..

5.attach access file..!!

6.test connection...

7. Drag and drop the table from server explorer to typed Dataset..

8. Now add a crystal report to your solution....

9. at report creation wizard, get the dataset from project data...6

10. Design the report....

11. use following code for OLEDB conection...

cn = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\MyDB.mdb;")

12. now create an object ( say ds ) of your dataset, and fill that with the data....using the "data adapter".

13. create an instanse of crystal report viewer ... and with all other coding , set the datasource of your report Document to ds .......

i hope this'll help you....!!!!!!

please mark as ans.. if the post helps you..!!!

0
shail_nautiyal
3/3/2009 11:51:12 AM

 actually i was trying to show you the snap shots.... but dont know why the images are not visible in the post...... by the way.. i think the post will help you..!!!!!!!

0
shail_nautiyal
3/3/2009 12:14:18 PM

 thankx for the reply...!

 if u post the coding for creating report i will be very thankful of u ....!

0
asad_black
3/4/2009 4:49:26 AM

ohh yes .. why not...!!!!!

after adding the dataset and creating the schema of your table you should...

1. add...
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

CrystalDecisions.Shared

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource

2.Create a DataTable containing the data for the report:

Imports System.Data.OleDb

Dim strConnection As String = "..."

Dim Connection As New OleDbConnection(strConnection)

Dim strSQL As String = "Select * From Customers"

Dim DA As New OleDbDataAdapter(strSQL, Connection)

Dim DS As New DataSet1 '(DataSet1 is the typed dataset)

'

' Create a datatable in your dataset. The datatable's name

' must match that in the schema file used by the report.

'

DA.Fill(DS, "Customers")

3. CrystalReport's .RPT file::

Dim strReportPath As String = Application.StartupPath & _"\" &
strReportName & ".rpt"
If Not IO.File.Exists(strReportPath) Then
Throw (New Exception("Unable to locate report file:" & _
vbCrLf & strReportPath))
End If

4. set datasource ::

Dim cr As New ReportDocument
cr.Load(strReportPath)
cr.SetDataSource(DS.Tables("Customers"))

' always remember one thing that the table name should be exactly same in
'Typed dataset and your code behind

5.Do what ever you like to do with your report viewer...!!

CrystalReportViewer.ShowRefreshButton = False
CrystalReportViewer.ShowCloseButton = False
CrystalReportViewer.ShowGroupTreeButton = False
CrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = cr

i think this should be enough for you to create report using crystal
report.....

please mark as answer if the post helps you...!!!Wink

0
shail_nautiyal
3/4/2009 6:13:13 AM

here are some links ... which will definately help you....

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=3940
http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Using-Crystal-Reports.aspx
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vscrystalreports/threads/
happy programming...!!!!! Smile
-------------------------------------------------------------- please mark as answer if post helps you...!!!

0
shail_nautiyal
3/4/2009 6:33:11 AM

thank you so much my friend i will try it later then i will inform you :) thankx

0
asad_black

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

How to create Report Letter with multiple pages in C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS2008
Hi experts, I’d like to have some helps from you guys. I need to create an app with C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS 2008 for a Landscape & Nursery company.  The company will send out coupon letters to some customers who purchased something from the company within past 12 months. Users will get customers’ info from database using zip code. I have a drop-down control to populate all the eligible zip codes. The following 8 data fields will be retrieved from database; FirstName, LastName, Address1, Address2, City, State, ZipCode, and PreviousPurchased. I have a pre-defined Crystal R...

plz any resource for using crystal report with MS access and VB.NET
hi all i'm so despret for a resource telling me how to generate reports from MS access using VB.NET under VS2005 ... i'm still new to all the programming thing, so i need something simple  need to know how to - send Parameterized query to the report ?- what is the difference between using a dataset and use the other connections?- how to create sub-reports?- how to send the DB password from the webconfig file to the report?[:'(]plz guys i've been looking for weeks for any resource .. i posted many messages here but no one gave me an answer thanx in advance ... any help wi...

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

using dataset in crystal report in vb.net
Hi alI, I want to use the user defined data set in run time in vb.net for eg. A user wants to put data in run time for that particulart filed  all data should be taken from database. Can Any 1 suggest me what to do.   Thnaks, Bob       Create a typed dataset of the dataset u r using for the gridview using ds.WriteXMLSchema("C:\data.xsd"). Add it to ur application code folder Create an object of the typed dataset. Get dataset into it. Bind it to the gridview. Keep the dataset in session so that u can reuse it Then create a c...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

How to create dynamic crystal reports at runtime in vb.net?
 Hai All, I want to create crystal reports dynamically, I don't know the columns i will take it from database at runtime, im getting all data into one dataset and im convrting dataset into xml schama, then im using that xml schama in crystal reports,there i drag n drop all fields in xml schama to crystal report, up to here its working fine, but when ever i changed fields in database i have to change in crystal report also Is there any way to update crystal report dynamically.....?(it shoulld display newly added columns in database also, Is it possible????) Thanks, Aswath...

Error in using crystal reports in vb.net (2005)
I am using visual studio 2005, I need to use crystal reports XI objects in my project. I dont need to view the reports, just to access the objects of crystal reports to load the reports and print the reports directly in printer. I used the CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msm merge modules and add reference to the below dlls. CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dllCrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dllCrystalDecisions.Shared.dllCrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll But still i got the error "The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an excep...

Web resources about - how to create crystal report using VB.NET with the database of ACCESS - asp.net.crystal-reports

A look ahead at the state of the database in 2016
... identity management, anti-phishing education, and so forth. Ultimately, hackers want access to the contents of an enterprise's database. Security ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...