How can I coding --> auto refreshing Crystal report via vb.net-->web form

please help me

I must show the report(real time) that data come from database --> (data are from another program)
User open my webpage for looking the report-->update data
How can I set report automatic.
--> automatic refresh<-----
thanks so much

0
wincom19

If your report is using the CrystalReportViewer, and you are not exporting the report to PDF or Excel, I would simply set a META Refresh in the header.  Here is a reference:

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/head/meta.html
This will cause the page to reload from the server at a specified interval.
You can't do this via VB.NET, since VB.NET runs on the server, and is done once the HTTPResponse has been completely sent to the client. You need to use a client side code such as META Refresh.
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
9/3/2004 1:28:36 PM
morning rjdudley

I use DAtaset and meta data that you told me for refreash data base
this my code on page load
Dim myconn As String
Dim strSQL As String
myconn = "User ID=carlo;Password=;Data source= LAMDBS01;Initial Catalog=ProjAuto;"
strSQL = "select * from kpiboon.joblist"
Dim ds As DataSet
Dim conn As New SqlConnection(myconn)
Dim objAdaptor As New SqlDataAdapter(strSQL, conn)
conn.Open()
ds = New DataSet
objAdaptor.Fill(ds, "GRADE")
Dim strReportPath As String = "c://inetpub/wwwroot/crnet/crystalreport4.rpt"
Dim cr As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
cr.Load(strReportPath)
cr.SetDataSource(ds)
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = cr
CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind()
conn.Close()
end sub
and I add this between <head></head>

thanks so much for helping me..
Kate
0
wincom19

Can somebody help
I Seem to be going nuts ! I know it has to be simple but I am missing the link. I haven't used crystal reports with asp.net before. So pardom me if my problem sounds silly. My requirement is very simple actually. I am using asp.net 1.1 with vb.net in vs.net 2003 with the inbuilt crystal reports control. I have to connect to a sql server 2000 database to extract rows from a stored procedure which accepts a parameter and the report has to be in Mail label format. I referred various books and web sites and according to that , added a crystal reports file to the project and selected the store...

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

How to start coding vb.net(web form and Crystal repotrs)
I use Crystal Report in Visual Studio.NET 2003..... Example at Northwind database I want a application that.....a form include a combobox that contain CustomerID.....If I choose one CustomerID and click OK button....a Report will display information about this Customer......I think that must use Paramater.....how to do that ???? (please help me step by step,I try it before but not success) please help me !!! There is sample code and tutorials on my blog entry: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/richard.dudley/archive/2004/05/03/12692.aspxIf my post is your answer, please mar...

Crystal Reports in VB.NET
I am not new to vb.net or Crystal but I am new to incorporating the two.   What do I need to add reference to inorder to show an already created Crystal Report?  And what is the form control for viewing Crystal Reports?...

urgent:maximum amount of data , that can be binded to crystal report thru VB.NET
hi all, have created a report with lots of data .it has 18 columns and also some graphs.dataset has 14000 records. so report is not displaying the data due to large number of records, it is giving error as follows: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Pl...

Call Independenly Designed Crystal Report Using cr viewer control in vb.net web apps
Hi, I have designed the crystal report independently in version 9.0 with one parameter field. i want to call that report from the web application and pass the parameter. so that the report can show me the right value from the data base of SQL server. How can i do that?? plz hlp me. Tauseef Just do Add >> Existing Object to add the report to your project. Then, you can use that report file just as if you had created it in Visual Studio. This works for all versions 8.5 or better. For examples of passing parameters, support.businessobject.com has a good example in...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Web resources about - How can I coding --> auto refreshing Crystal report via vb.net-->web form - asp.net.crystal-reports