I  use Crystal Report9 in Visual Studio.NET 2003.....

Example at Northwind database
I want a application that.....a form include a combobox that contain CustomerID.....If I choose one CustomerID and click OK button....a Report will display information about this Customer......I think that must use Paramater.....how to do that ????
(How do I start to coding --please step by step or sample)
please help me !!!
Thank you so much!!!
0
wincom19

very good
0
jingobaba
7/13/2004 7:25:00 AM
I have  Dropdownlist  when I choose the 'month'--> the all data of this field will show

I use this

Private Sub ddlMonth_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ddlMonth.SelectedIndexChanged
binddata()
End Sub
Sub binddata()
Try
Dim paramFields As New ParameterFields
Dim paramField As New ParameterField
Dim discreteVal As New ParameterDiscreteValue
paramField.ParameterFieldName = "PMonth"
discreteVal.Value = ddlMonth.SelectedItem.Value
paramField.CurrentValues.Add(discreteVal)
paramFields.Add(paramField)
CrystalReportViewer1.ParameterFieldInfo = paramFields
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = "C://Inetpub/wwwroot/CRNet/workTime.rpt"
Catch ex As Exception
End Try
End Sub

PMonth is parameter which same as parameter in Crystal reports
When you create CRReport --> set parameter --> PMonth
Pmonth is the same datatype too
Wish thid can help you
0
wincom19

How to start coding vb.net(web form and Crystal repotrs)
I use Crystal Report in Visual Studio.NET 2003..... Example at Northwind database I want a application that.....a form include a combobox that contain CustomerID.....If I choose one CustomerID and click OK button....a Report will display information about this Customer......I think that must use Paramater.....how to do that ???? (please help me step by step,I try it before but not success) please help me !!! There is sample code and tutorials on my blog entry: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/richard.dudley/archive/2004/05/03/12692.aspxIf my post is your answer, please mar...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

How can I coding --> auto refreshing Crystal report via vb.net-->web form
please help me I must show the report(real time) that data come from database --> (data are from another program) User open my webpage for looking the report-->update data How can I set report automatic. --> automatic refresh<----- thanks so much If your report is using the CrystalReportViewer, and you are not exporting the report to PDF or Excel, I would simply set a META Refresh in the header. Here is a reference: http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/head/meta.html This will cause the page to reload from the server at a specified interval....

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

Can somebody help
I Seem to be going nuts ! I know it has to be simple but I am missing the link. I haven't used crystal reports with asp.net before. So pardom me if my problem sounds silly. My requirement is very simple actually. I am using asp.net 1.1 with vb.net in vs.net 2003 with the inbuilt crystal reports control. I have to connect to a sql server 2000 database to extract rows from a stored procedure which accepts a parameter and the report has to be in Mail label format. I referred various books and web sites and according to that , added a crystal reports file to the project and selected the store...

Call Independenly Designed Crystal Report Using cr viewer control in vb.net web apps
Hi, I have designed the crystal report independently in version 9.0 with one parameter field. i want to call that report from the web application and pass the parameter. so that the report can show me the right value from the data base of SQL server. How can i do that?? plz hlp me. Tauseef Just do Add >> Existing Object to add the report to your project. Then, you can use that report file just as if you had created it in Visual Studio. This works for all versions 8.5 or better. For examples of passing parameters, support.businessobject.com has a good example in...

Crystal Reports in VB.NET
I am not new to vb.net or Crystal but I am new to incorporating the two.   What do I need to add reference to inorder to show an already created Crystal Report?  And what is the form control for viewing Crystal Reports?...

how to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005 ?
for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link - http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html But now i am stuck is how to view my web application ? what url should i give my intranet users to view this web application? Please help. Thanks. Hi, When we run the Web Setup project, your application will be installed on the local IIS. You can view it from IIS. To access it from another machine, we need to configure it to use IP address instead of "...

Cannot view crystal report in VB.Net
All,, Iam working on .net 2003 and crystal reports.  I created a report by name EventReport.rpt and i tried to attach that with vb.net and when i execute the .aspx program i cannot view the report.  Can anyone here help me out ??? My source code is given below Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared Imports CrystalDecisions.ReportSource   Dim report_url As String = "\Reports\EventReport.rpt"  Private Sub cmdOk_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdOk.Click Dim strCryst...

Web resources about - getting start with vb.net and crystal repots(web form) - asp.net.crystal-reports

Sony's Ultra delivers 4K content to your TV, but only if it's a Bravia
LAS VEGAS — 4K TVs may be cheaper than before, but they still lack native 4K content for consumers to watch on them. Sony's remedying that, ...

Trump feigns outrage after rally-goer calls leaders Muslim
CLAREMONT, N.H. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump drew heat in September when he failed to correct a rally-goer who incorrectly ...

Twitter appears ready to expand beyond 140-character tweets
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Twitter appears ready to loosen its decade-old restriction on the length of messages in a bid to make its service more appealing ...

Scott Walker Refuses To Even Consider A Pardon For ‘Making A Murderer’ Convict Steven Avery
The Netflix original documentary series Making a Murderer has been gaining a lot of attention for making a compelling case for the innocence ...

John Rhys-Davies to Star in Horror Movie ‘Aux’
Veteran Welsh actor John Rhys-Davies is starring in and executive producing Evolutionary Films’ action-horror movie “Aux” with shooting set to ...

Saudi Arabia's Fragile State
WASHINGTON "Fragile" is the word that journalist Karen Elliott House used to describe Saudi Arabia in her 2012 book about the country. "Observing ...

Blanca Hernandez: 13-Year-Old Killed In Car Crash When Older Brother Distracted By Cell-Phone Ran A Red ...
A New Jersey family is mourning the loss of their 13-year-old daughter Blanca Azucena Hernandez Vargas of Toms River, who was killed in a car ...

Five economic fears behind the Chinese stock slide that shook world markets
For the second time in less than six months, concerns about China’s rocky transition from an export-fueled industrial nation to a more mature ...

Siddhartha Dhar was arrested before joining ISIS in Syria
Siddhartha Dhar, 32, was arrested in September 2014 and order to surrender his passport. But police only realised he had absconded when they ...

North Korea claims it has successfully tested a hydrogen bomb
North Korea gave the international community a jolt on Wednesday morning local time when, it claims, it successfully tested a miniature hydrogen ...