Export Crystal report to PDF report

Hello,

Does anyone knows how to export the Crystal report (.rpt) to the PDF report in c#?  Thanks

0
boston_ma

 http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Export-Crystal-Reports-To-PDF.aspx

http://visualbasic.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/visualbasic-l/programmatically-exporting-from-crystal-report-to-pdf-using-vb-1480987

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vb/JatsArticle1.aspx

Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points too
amiT jaiN

C#.NET Articles
0
amit

You can use the following

 rptDoc.ExportToHttpResponse(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, Response, True, "")

Mudassar

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan

I am able to generate the pdf.

How do we make that pdf non-editable and embeed the digital signature?

I have generated the digital signature using the algo MD-5, how do i embeed the same in the pdf and make un-editable?

Regards

Chaitanya

0
Chaitanya

I'll look into this I have never seen such thing in crystal reports. I'll get back to u as soon as i get something.

Let me know one thing. Are you willing to use tools other than crystal reports?

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan

Thanks.

Actually, i am using crystal report to convert my report into PDF, which is successful.

Now i need to attach the digital signature to this PDF, therefore i can send this authenticated PDF to outside world.

Also, the PDF should not be un-editable.

I have done the same using 3rd part tool (eldos), but my intention is we need to develop the same using .net instead of 3rd party tool.

The application is being developed in .net 2003.

Chaitanya

0
Chaitanya
12/11/2008 4:39:06 AM

I used iTextSharp to do the same, which is free. Also i have seen in the forums, the same has be utilized in production too.

Chaithanya

0
Chaitanya
12/15/2008 4:10:18 AM

Boston,

Use this code.....

MemoryStream oStream;
                oStream = (MemoryStream)
                boReportDocument.ExportToStream(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat);
                Response.Clear();
                Response.Buffer = true;
                Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";
                Response.BinaryWrite(oStream.ToArray());
                HttpContext.Current.ApplicationInstance.CompleteRequest();
                /*This is custom code to export the records from crystal report to Excel file format*/
                Response.Clear();
                Response.Buffer = true;

If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer
0
jeyaseelan

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

How to render pdf directly on crystal report viewer (WHEN crystal report expects user input before rendering)
  If a crystal report do not need any parameter  or, if parameters can be supplied using code-behind (without user help), I am able to render a pdf on crystal report viewer. BUT if a crystal report needs user input then how do I reneder a PDF on crystal report viewer? I see a parameter-asking dialog-box from crystal report where user supplies input values and hit OK button, but then on click of OK button do I have control what gets rendered a crystal report or, a pdf or, doc?  Or, can I set crystal report viewer control property to say that report need to be rend...

data truncation problem while Exporting report to PDF using Crystal Reports 11.0
hi, I need a solution for data truncation problem while Exporting report to PDF using Crystal Reports 11.0 version.    ...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Web resources about - Export Crystal report to PDF report - asp.net.crystal-reports

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

EPL Crystal Palace v Chelsea: Video, highlights, Willian goal
CHAMPIONS Chelsea rediscovered the winning habit with a convincing 3-0 victory at Crystal Palace on Sunday to move away from trouble at the foot ...

Crystal Palace and Socceroos star Mile Jedinak offers parting advice to Patrick Bamford
Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak didn't want a bar of Patrick Bamford's excuses when the young Chelsea striker departed Crystal Palace.

Crystal ball reveals 2016's highs and lows in business
Michael Pascoe's tongue-in-cheek Almanac 2016.

Expert: ‘History Won’t Look Kindly’ On Obama’s Foreign Policy, For 3 Crystal Clear Reasons
Expert: ‘History Won’t Look Kindly’ On Obama’s Foreign Policy, For 3 Crystal Clear Reasons

Rise of the Tomb Raider director leaves Crystal Dynamics for Infinity Ward
Tomb Raider Senior Art Director and Rise of the Tomb Raider Game Director Brian Horton has left Crystal Dynamics, the developer announced via ...

Jim Blasingame's 2016 Crystal Ball Predictions
Here is the 16th edition of my New Year predictions. Wall Street’s digital greed, Washington’s anti-business policies and collusion between the ...

Physicists Discover a New Kind of Crystal Inspired by Satellite Orbits
The very definition of a crystal relies on the notion of symmetry: the atoms line up in highly ordered, repeating honeycomb patterns, and that ...

Cinematic Lake House in Western Massachusetts disguises itself as white crystals
Read the rest of Cinematic Lake House in Western Massachusetts disguises itself as white crystals

‘Indiana Jones 5’ May Be Happening, But Could It Be Another ‘Crystal Skull’?
... Makes One of Us,” writer Dan Van Winkle gives his concerns, reminding readers that the fourth film — Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal ...