Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET

All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine).

I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version.

First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project):

Dim

myReport As New AccountList

Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the logoninfo as I always did before:

For

i = 0 To myReport.Database.Tables.Count - 1

As soon as execution hits the opening of my loop (above) I get the following error:

Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT: The request could not be submitted for background processing.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT: The request could not be submitted for background processing.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Hopefully there is a solution.  I couldn't find anything on BusinessObjects.com about it.

0
KenP2600

Just some additional info, I tried removing all my Crystal References from the project and re-adding them.  I also tried re-upgrading the project (restored a backup) in case something went wrong during the first upgrade.  Neither thing made a difference.  I am still getting this error.

0
KenP2600
6/28/2006 8:35:12 PM

Here is a little more info.

I was able to get the Crystal Report to run if I change the username in the ProcessModel tag of Machine.Config from Machine to System.  Would this mean it might be a permissions problem?

What exactly does that setting in Machine.Config do and what would be the consequences of changing it?

0
KenP2600
7/5/2006 2:38:47 PM

Did you ever figure out if that was in fact the case??

 I am having this problem to but I really don't want to go mucking around in the machine.config.

Thanks.

Ask One/Answer One.
0
jmurdock
9/15/2006 6:56:56 PM

My problem was indeed a permissions problem.  After literally a month of tech support from Business Objects and going through at least 5 different techs over there, they determined that for some reason (unknown to them) ASPNET worker process needed to have "List Folder / Read Data" rights on the root of my C drive.  Once I gave it those rights (and only those rights) it worked whether I was running as Machine or System in Machine.Config.

0
KenP2600

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Dynamically Calling Crystal Report from .net 2005 with no crystal login
Most of us develop .net applications and will try to integrate thecrystal reports with the applications.  I tried all possbile options,and succesfully implemented them. I would like share some of them withyou all.  Environment Visual Studio 2005 and Crystal Report XI. 1. Create a Crystal Report as usual in Visual studio 2005 .net   using ODBC connection. In this example "CrystalReport.rpt"   2. Create a aspx web form to display the report.  This form will   be a place holder for crystal report. 3. In design mode, drag and drop Crystal Report ...

Problem with Crystal Reports after upgrading to .net 2.0 and CR XI R2 SP2
We recently migrated our main web app to .net 2.0, and alsy upgraded to crystal reports XI R2 SP2.  Everything appeared to be working fine, but when we went live we began experiencing periodic troubles with our reports.  We would start getting the dreaded "Load Report Failed" exception: System.Exception: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041004): Research seemed to indicate that this was a problem hitting the report print job limit.  My boss raised the limit in the registry to 120 while I tried to come up with a solution, ho...

crystal report error inasp.net
build failed........ i have asp.net application in vs2005 when i just add crystal report viewer on a page and run the application i get build failed how do i solve the issue I would suggest you to delete the existing controls and use the below Tutorial ( MSDN) Have a look at this walk throughhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227358(VS.80).aspx (Best source)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227490(VS.80).aspx (Good source)May be worth checking : http://aspalliance.com/1041_Creating_a_Crosstab_Report_in_Visual_Studio_2005_Using_Crystal_Reports.1Let me know further Queries....

Errors while Running the CRYSTAL REPORTS IN .NET
Could any body help i am un able to find the solution for the problem.When i build the source code it is give a build error "The custome tool 'CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.CodeGen.ReportCodeGeneraor' failed while processing the report file" I haven't seen this before.  Is this being developed locally?  What Crystal assemblies are referenced in your project?  I'd also look at doing a repair reinstall with VS.  Just a couple of suggestions for you.  Also what version of VS, or Crystal?Eric LandesMADNUG President http://www.madnug.netCrystal Alliance EditorBlog http://...

Bind crystal reports / sql reports to ADO.NET
Hi,  I'm a beginner trying to find out if it's possible to directly connect an sql report/crystal report to an ADO.NET data set?   It all depends on what version of Visual studio you are using. Here are the steps for VS2005 In VS2005 you need to do the following: 1) Right click on your solution and select add, New Item. 2) Add a dataset and create your queries in the dataset. Make sure you save this dataset or it will not show up later. 3) Add your reportviewer 4) Right click on your solution and select add new Item Again and then add a crystal report 5) In the cr...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Web resources about - Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET - asp.net.crystal-reports

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Tribunal rules that developer Michael Koundouris should fix Manhatten apartment building
Michael Koundouris says he will appeal a decision regarding a leaky apartment building. Canberra developer Michael Koundouris has lost his case ...

Tribunal rules that developer Michael Koundouris should fix Manhattan apartment building
Michael Koundouris says he will appeal a decision regarding a leaky apartment building. Canberra developer Michael Koundouris has lost his case ...

Epic Games Launches Unreal Match 3 to Help Developers Make Games
... 4 (UE4). While the game is available for users to play as a traditional game, it was built to be a learning resource to help aspiring developers ...

Oculus shipping final Rift hardware to developers starting this week
... release last night, Facebook-owned Oculus announced that it will begin shipping final, complete versions of its Oculus Rift VR headset to developers ...

Major app developers are bringing their apps to the Windows phone
Microsoft's plan to get apps onto phones that runs Windows seems to be working as more and more developers are bringing their apps to the platform. ...

Indian Solar Power Developer Azure Power Files For NYSE Listing
One of India’s leading solar power project developers, Azure Power, is looking at equity markets to raise funds to expand generation capacity. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Bubble, Bubble, ending the developer struggle?
For years now, I've been getting pitches from companies that promised to make application development as easy as finger painting. Instead of ...

Mobile developers: Here’s your chance to learn Swift, and fast
For any mobile developer, learning Swift is a must. It’s an intuitive and fast language that’s key to iOS, OS X, tvOS, and watchOS. This bundle ...