Error in using crystal reports in vb.net (2005)

I am using visual studio 2005, I need to use crystal reports XI objects in my project. I dont need to view the reports, just to access the objects of crystal reports to load the reports and print the reports directly in printer.

I used the CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msm merge modules and add reference to the below dlls.

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll
CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll
CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll
CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll

But still i got the error "
The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception.

Can anybody help me to solve this issue?

Sumi

Provide some code

0
szyder
1/10/2008 10:57:28 AM

Have you tried trapping the exception and looking at the innerexception property to see what exception was thrown?

That information would be useful.

0
werner

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Dynamically Calling Crystal Report from .net 2005 with no crystal login
Most of us develop .net applications and will try to integrate thecrystal reports with the applications.  I tried all possbile options,and succesfully implemented them. I would like share some of them withyou all.  Environment Visual Studio 2005 and Crystal Report XI. 1. Create a Crystal Report as usual in Visual studio 2005 .net   using ODBC connection. In this example "CrystalReport.rpt"   2. Create a aspx web form to display the report.  This form will   be a place holder for crystal report. 3. In design mode, drag and drop Crystal Report ...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

VB.net and Crystal Reports: LogOnException error
There are lots of informtion on this subject.  I tried a few suggestion, but so far I still have error.   Very appreciated any help you can give me.  I am very new on this subject.  I have two questions.  During the design of the report, I connect to the database through DSN and I created the DSN with ODBC.  The report is using the store procedure.   1)      How to set login information.  Let the report connect to the database and extract information.  If I can’t do option 2, I’ll settle with this option.   2)&...

using dataset in crystal report in vb.net
Hi alI, I want to use the user defined data set in run time in vb.net for eg. A user wants to put data in run time for that particulart filed  all data should be taken from database. Can Any 1 suggest me what to do.   Thnaks, Bob       Create a typed dataset of the dataset u r using for the gridview using ds.WriteXMLSchema("C:\data.xsd"). Add it to ur application code folder Create an object of the typed dataset. Get dataset into it. Bind it to the gridview. Keep the dataset in session so that u can reuse it Then create a c...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

How to use Crystal Reports.Net with Visual Studio 2005?
Hi. I am new user of visual 2005 and crystal report.net. I will appriciate if someone can answer my question. 1. Can I use Crystal Report.Net came with Visual Studio 2005 to deploy web application? 2. Can someone provide simple sample code asp.net 2.0 application in VB to implement crystal report (using pubs table in sql 2000 or sql 2005). That is, to show crystal report page of "select top 20 * from employee (pubs db)" 3. Do I have to have report designer to develop crystal report page? 4. Can I use crystal report.net for production use? (licensing) 5. Is it limited or unlim...

Web resources about - Error in using crystal reports in vb.net (2005) - asp.net.crystal-reports

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

Wellington, the town in NSW where crystal meth costs less than beer
One NSW town is so overrun by the drug ice that it is known as "little Antarctica", and police say children as young as 10 are experimenting. ...

Steve McClaren irate after Newcastle United's humiliating loss to Crystal Palace
Steve McClaren will haul his embattled Newcastle squad in for an extra training session on Sunday following their humiliating defeat at Crystal ...

This crystal clear Speck case will actually protect your iPhone 6s
... protection for your iPhone. Well, the BGR Deals team has the perfect solution: The Speck Products CandyShell Case for iPhone 6/6S , is crystal ...

Former CIA Chief Morell: ‘Crystal Clear’ Obama’s ISIS Strategy Is Not Working
Former CIA Chief Morell: 'Crystal Clear' Obama's ISIS Strategy is Not Working

Crystal Lake man, 18, killed kitten over fight about bong: prosecutor
The 18-year-old man accused of killing a kitten with his bare hands had become enraged during an argument with his sister over a bong, a prosecutor ...

CEO: My 'crystal ball' is smoky
Here's what is keeping Corporate America on the sidelines, according to Waste Management CEO David Steiner.

Coke-Funded Anti-Obesity Group Goes The Way Of Crystal Pepsi
The Global Energy Balance Network, a supposed anti-obesity organization that was heavily criticized for not only receiving more than $1 million ...

Casey Wilson & June Diane Raphael Set Elizabeth Laime Comedy ‘Crystal’ At ABC
... duo, USB alums June Diane Raphael and Casey Wilson , have teamed with comedy writer/podcaster and fellow USB-er Elizabeth Laime for Crystal ...

Moon ring caused by iced crystals - FOX Carolina 21
... their heads to the sky for a better look. The moon has a ring around it! Meteorologist Kendra Kent says the ring is caused by ice crystals ...