Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "

Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help me. tnx a lot! =(

Server Error in '/WebApplication1' Application.
Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET process identity.
To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the "{machinename}\ASPNET" user. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the Write box in the Allow column.
Source Error:
Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +596
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgentBase.get_ImagePhysicalPath() +249
CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgentBase.p() +39
CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgent.v(Boolean `) +40
CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +108

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.0
0
angelana

If u r able to solve this file access problem pls do send a post saying how u were able to solve it

thanks in advance
0
kritika

Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the...

Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"
Hello, I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market. However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this i...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Error after deloyment
Hi,I am using crystal reports with Visual Studio 2005. And that was working fine in development environment. After I deployed it to server, It is giving me this error.#######################################################System.Exception: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80000220): Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rptInvoice {D21318F6-F9E2-4FDA-8CA9-95B11CB95993}.rpt:Access to report file denied. Another program may be using it.   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Opti...

Crystal Report
I'm trying to get a Crystals Report to show up using Win .Net 2003 server and I keep getting this error: (note: it works fine with my other server running win2k server) Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied It sounds like a typical "ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource." But none of the following actions resulted in getting past it: 1.) I added ASPNET to the Administrators group 2.) I added ASPNET user with full control to the following folder and its children C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal ...

"access to path"...."is denied"
I have a program that opens a csv file and copies all records to a database.  its working fine in development system but when i deploy this to the live system and if i try to copy a csv file on my machine i am getting an error "access to path"..<tempfile.txt> .."is denied.  I am creating a temporary file on the live server and then changing data and then copying records from the temp file to the live databaseThe problem is that the program cannot access the temp file.  Is there a way to change security access rights of the temp file programmatically so tha...

Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net..." is denied
I just finished installing IIS 5.1.  I have an existing project someone else created that I will be working on.  I have set up a virtual directory in IIS for the site and have given read/write permissions to the ASPNET account and the IUSR_ account.  When I attempt to open the main page I get the following:  Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4233\Temporary ASP.NET Files\blah\blah\blah" is denied. I've done everything short of granting "Everyone" Full Control of everything and I can't seem to get past this error. ...

Dissecting the "Logon Failed" Error in Crystal Reports .NET
Following up Eric Landes' article "Troubleshooting Database Login Errors using Crystal Reports with .NET", I set out to see why this error is so common in Crystal Reports .NET projects. The result is a Crystal Alliance article published today, "Dissecting the 'Logon Failed' Error in Crystal Reports .NET". <abstract> Often, the best way to prevent an error is to understand why it occurs. In various newsgroups, questions regarding the “Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed” are asked quite often. A recent Crystal...

Crystal Report
I'm trying to get a Crystals Report to show up using Win 2003 server standard edition and I keep getting this error: (note: it works fine with my other server running win2k server) If any one has any thoughts on it, please do share. P.Muni Kumar Here is the error page in its entirety: Server Error in '/BranchSoft' Application. Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied It sounds like a typical "ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource." But none of the following actions resulted in getting past it: 1.) I added ASPNE...

Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied using crystal reports
Hi, I ahave got similar problenm as yours. I am getting Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied. I guessed it (dynamic_images) mapped to "C:\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers\images" So I added NETWORK SERVICE user, as web site will be recognised by system by this name and provide all secuty permissions. I also added ASP.NET user and IUSR_GULIA (b coz GULIA is my machine name). I did could not get it working.....I tried whole day...I would appreciate you or any one else can help me get out of this riddle. Thank you very much. Hari...

Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\.." is Denied
I frequently get this error while requesting the webpage .aspx Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mjbnet\6983a9d7\54a73a5b\hash.web" is denied. When ever this error occurs I restart my system and delete the repective project folder from the above location and build the application. Now this error is occured more frequently. Please let me know if there is any solution other than what I am trying to do. Thank You... I had many time the same error, it looks like a bug with temporary file accessangiras Hi, Stop ...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 + IIS. Help ! "Access denied."
 I'v installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 , and IIS. (Windows XP Professional)When I'm creating a new C# ASP.NET project, and trying to run it I get the ERROR below.PLEASE help me TnxTal  Server Error in '/New' Application. Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\new\f6d1460a\f5c61787" is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Excep...

Web resources about - Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " - asp.net.crystal-reports