Crystal Reports vs Sql Server Reporting Services.

I have some reporting requirements. Please advise whether I should go for Crystal Reports or Sql Server Reprting Services.

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem.
0
sudipta

Onr thing I would like to add. The reports are to be incorporated in web pages only or can be viewed by the business people standalone, but no support for desktop based product is required.
Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem.
0
sudipta
7/2/2008 2:01:49 PM

Check this link. its good, but its better, if u tell ur requirements briefly. so that we can suggest u

http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/SSRSandCR_ExecSummary.asp

VMSSanthosh
When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question; this ensures the right forum member gets credit below for being helpful (and makes search more relevant too).
0
vmssanthosh

Crystal Report vs SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello,Can any one suggest which is best Crystal Report or SQL Server reporting services,  in compare of performance, developing and licensing cost.Can we use any of these reporting on shared hosting.If we want to go for SSRS then which edition of SQL Server we should purchase.Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

Crystal Reports vs SQL Reporting Services
Hi all! May I ask which is better to use: Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services? Thanks to all. What are your reporting needs?  This will likely dictate one solution over another moreso than anybody's personal recommendations. My personal experience with Crystal (9.x and below) is that you'll be struggling for a while to get reporting that even works (especially web-based reporting).  Reporting Services, on the other hand, has always just worked for me.  But, there are certainly limitations with both products. So, my personal preferences are in the following order.&nbs...

how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service
Hi guys I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .  I've thought of two possible solutions. 1st   I can do that in an HTML format   2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .  Creating Image is extreme...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

sql reporting services crystal reports
My computer has vs 2008 wish to use sql 2005 standard vista I wish to use sql reporting services , crystal reports, web services, ecommerce, wcf, soa, enterprise development in net, etc What is the best web hosts? I contacted orcsweb, discount asp.net. I wish to use a shared host.....What are my options.... enterprise development for commercial development maybe sharepoint Can I configure sql standard on my computer? I do not wish to use default settings what is the best way to do this?               Hello, Maybe i...

crystal reports or sql reporting services?
Hi, Need to make a decision about which of these to go for. I'm looking to develop a web-based reporting solution which replaces a networked Access Database which displays stacked bar charts and line graphs and tabulated data. All the data will be coming from SQL Server 2000 databases on our intranet. I've got 2 yrs asp.net and sql server but no experience in either CR or SQL RS. Has anyone got experience in both of these technologies to help me out with the best way forward. All responses appreciated. Cheers. Both will do pretty much the same thing--get ...

SQL Server Reporting and Crystal Reports
Hello Friends,I will be thankful to you if you can throw some light on the following issue:1. Can i use SQL Server Reporting Service with Crystal Report? or they both are different things.2. IF i want to allow the user to choose the header and footer of report and also parameters that need to be displayed in report, can i achieve it with SSRS? In short i want to generate Dynamic Reports. How it can be achieved?3. I know that we can create PDF using SSRS, but is it possible to make it password protected? Awaiting for the response. Regards,NilPlease MARK POST AS AN ANSWER if it helps youM...

Crystal Report vs Mssql Service Reporting
 Please provide me some information about this two reporting tools because i am going to develop reports? Which is the best choice? Friend, its purely a subjective matter and both of the camps support their own camp. Anyways you can compare yourself both of them in the following article http://www.baadd.org/uploads/SQL%20Reporting%20Services%20vs%20Crystal%20Reports%20comparative%20analysis.pdf Hope it helped you. Good luck!  Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thr...

Differences in SQL server reporting and Crystal reports
What are the differences in SQL server reporting and Crystal Reports? What are the pros and cons of using one or the other? I know nothing about SQL server reporting, does anyone have any resources for it. macca Hi Macca Our company specializes in CRM software and database management so we naturally do alot of reporting/business intelligence.  As with all types software purchases decisions are best made based on outcome requirements, ease of accomplishing short and long term objectives and price of course.  In addition, its important to select a product based on in-house ski...

Web resources about - Crystal Reports vs Sql Server Reporting Services. - asp.net.crystal-reports

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contract Analyst Programmer (Reporting/.Net) 151223/AP/266

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

United Nations Correspondents Association Recognizes Outstanding International Reporting
As is the case each year, the list of winners honored this month by the United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) is impressive. Benedict ...

Reporting for duty after Paris attacks
In a renewed sense of nationalism, young French citizens flock to army recruitment agencies to join the military.

How Apple might avoid reporting a decline in iPhone sales
The crucial number in Apple's next quarterly earnings call, for Q1 in fiscal year 2016, is 74,468,000. That is the number of iPhone unit sales ...

New technology offers on-field head injury reporting
Experts hope system will help get student athletes the speedy treatment they need after head injuries such as concussions

ObamaCare Reporting Deadline Pushed Back For Employers
The agencies say most taxpayers won't be affected by the extension

New York Times tries and fails to fix its own botched San Bernardino reporting
The New York Times has corrected its massively botched story on the San Bernardino terrorists . Kinda sorta. The story by past reporting-botchers ...

What Flap Over Reporting Instagram Flaw to Facebook Teaches Us
NEWS ANALYSIS: In a public spat, a security researcher lashes out at Facebook about a reported Instagram bug, and Facebook's chief security officer ...