Crystal Reports Licensing and VS.Net 2005

I have been researching licensing information for Crystal Reports, and I have come across contradicting answers.   We currently have Visual Studio 2005, which comes with Crystal Reports.  I read that this version can have only 5 concurrent users viewing reports.  I am currently developing a internal ASP website that our 75+ employees will be using.  The reports will be part of the project and stored in something like ~reports/ folder. My question is when the project gets deployed (remember internal only) do we need to buy licensing for Crystal reports, or are we fine with what was included with VS.Net?

 The only reason I am looking into Crystal Reports is the ease of printing a report at the push of a button instead of opening it on the page.

0
mattfrank

I have the very same question.  Has anyone shed any light on the subject for you?

0
barnettrodney
8/7/2007 3:34:21 PM

Nope no answer on this.  I was looking into this because I was trying to use SQL Reporting Services 2005 to print a report out automatically when a button is clicked from the web app.  I actually found a way to do this, so I sort of left crystal reports in the dust.

0
mattfrank
8/7/2007 3:51:55 PM

Well, I am certainly glad you found another answer.  I (unfortunately) will have to continue searching for my answer.

 ~take care

0
barnettrodney
8/7/2007 3:55:58 PM

If you think more than 5 people will be simultaneously accessing reports, you need a Crystal reports license (look at the Developer version, not Pro).  Also, if you don't register your VS.NET version of Crystal Reports, reports may stop working after a couple of weeks.  Registering your VS.NET version is free.  You get an access key and registration number when you register it.  But you will still only get 5 simultaneous connections to reports.  If a 6th person tries to access a report, they will get the license seat exceeded error (or if it as a web application, they will actually get a generic error page telling them custom error reporting is not turned on, unless you are using custom error reporting).  Crystal Reports Developer edition includes the capability for incorporating Crystal Reports into applications.  That will give you more seats.  Whether you need more seats depends on how heavily accessed reports will be.  I have 300+ users and they almost never collide on reports access, since reports are typically only open for a short period of time, while they are clicking the print button.  If your users will be opening reports and browsing them for extended periods of time, you may run out of seats.  So it really depends on how your users are going to be using the reports.

0
alwaysumpin
8/8/2007 10:34:48 AM

That was exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you very much!

0
barnettrodney

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Converting VS 2003 Crystal reports to VS 2005 crystal reports
Hello,     I have converted a VS 2003 project that has few Crstalreports in it to VS 2005. All the dlls got converted good except the Crystalreports part. I have a sub routine called ExportReport() in a page called GenerateReport.aspx page in VS 2003 which generates the report in a word or excel etc... based on what user selects.   Tthe first line I have is Dim myReport as new CrystalReport1 and this works perfect in VS 2003. But when I converted the entire project to VS 2005 it CrystalReport is not recognised by the IDE and I see a blue line underneath. ...

Crystal Report in VS.NET 2005
Can somebody tell me how i can instantiate a CrystalReport in ASP.NET page. Acutally in 2003 version each crystal report has its .cs file but in 2005 .cs file is missing. ReportClass oRpt; oRpt = new Reports.rptCrystal Report ( ); oRpt.Load(); oRpt.SetDataSource(dataset); rptViewer.ReportSource = oRpt; It was working fine but i have converted this into VS.NET 2005 version its is throwing exception "Unable to find the report in the given manifest , build the project and try again like this ". Can somebody tell me how i can instantiate the crystal report in VS.NET 2005 as i did  in...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Dynamically Calling Crystal Report from .net 2005 with no crystal login
Most of us develop .net applications and will try to integrate thecrystal reports with the applications.  I tried all possbile options,and succesfully implemented them. I would like share some of them withyou all.  Environment Visual Studio 2005 and Crystal Report XI. 1. Create a Crystal Report as usual in Visual studio 2005 .net   using ODBC connection. In this example "CrystalReport.rpt"   2. Create a aspx web form to display the report.  This form will   be a place holder for crystal report. 3. In design mode, drag and drop Crystal Report ...

Printing crystall report vs.net 2005
 Hi All! I used Crystall report of vs.net 2005, it's fine but when i print with big data is error! Details: "a error occurred on the server. Printing will be stoped. Wold you like to view the error information?" Chose "Yes" or "No" don't print.  Please, help me! Thanks!   AnyOne, phease help me! I'm very verry ...urgent VinhNT...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

VS.NET 2008 Crystal report deployment license
We are using Crystal report which comes along with Visual Studio 2008 for our web application.As per license terms and condition of crystal reportswe need to register the application when we deploy the application at client place.I want to know that 1. from where I need to register? 2 Is it necessary? 3. if I am not register, is it my applicaton wont run at all?4. After installing at clients places, shall we register?5. If we want to install at 5 client places, I need to register 5 times or only one time?RegardsS. Muhilan Hi, Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET and for Visual Studio 20...

VS.Net 2005 does not create the .vb class for Crystal Report
In Visual Studio 2005, when I try to add a new Crystal Report file to my project, VS does not generate the .vb file, so I cannot instantiate a report object from the class. We are 2 in the same situation, and we tried to uninstall / reinstall VS.Net 2005 but that didn't helped. I tried the same thing in VS.Net 2003 and it's working... I have the same problem, this code is working fine with VS2003 but Not with vs2005; and the error is the class is not recognized by vs2005. and this error:error  BC30560: 'CrystalReportViewer' is ambiguous in the namespace 'CrystalDecisions.Web'...

Web resources about - Crystal Reports Licensing and VS.Net 2005 - asp.net.crystal-reports

Licensing Act 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Licensing Act 2003 (c 17) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom . The Act establishes a single integrated scheme for licensing ...

Supshot: photo sharing and licensing in one app
We’ve established that I’m not much of a photographer, but this seems like a good idea to me. The app is free to download on the App Store.

Licensing.biz - LinkedIn
A place for like-minded licensing industry professionals to meet and exchange ideas.

How does turntable.fm's licensing work?
3 question followers. Be the first to answer.

Hulu Licensing Twat Up - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seriously hulu, I know you're working out deals with distributes but remember, a link in the inter-tubes is global and some of us aren't 'fortunate' ...

Microsoft Office 365 for education - Overview and Academic Licensing - YouTube
Building on Live@edu, Office 365 for education now delivers even more capabilities for students, enabling us to deliver on our commitment to ...

New licensing rules to set up camp in Dubai desert
Take our poll: Increased patrols will monitor desert tent cities that spring up during the winter in Dubai, but many who enjoy the outdoors ...

Queensland motorcycle licensing inquiry puts brakes on plan for second test
Novice motorcycle riders will not be forced to undergo a second test after the government nixed the idea in its response to the motorcycle licensing ...

Brand Licensing Europe 2015: YouTube Stars and European Americana
The European licensing market has been growing. The region is now responsible for 25% of the world's licensed merchandise sold at retail, according ...

Qualcomm could face fines in Korea over licensing practices
... 10 percent, hitting a four year low, following revelations that an antitrust investigation in South Korea has raised issues over its licensing ...