Crystal Reports in .NET 2005?

What happened to crystal reports for .NET 2005?  I upgraded from beta to the final release and I now no longer have the merge modules, I'm getting 'argument not found' exceptions on previously working reports that haven't been touched, and when the reports do run correctly, no data is displayed (despite the fact that they have data in them.. only the header and footer is displayed).  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
0
rlbjr

Sounds like you have 2 issues:

1)  Where are the merge modules for the RTM release?

2)  Getting an "Argument not found" exception.

1)  The merge modules will be available for download from the Business Object's website soon.  Instead, the recommended solution is to use the .msi setup in a Click-Once Deployment scenario.  There is documentation available in the MSDN that shows how to use CR in a Click-Once deployment.

2)  Load the reports in the report designer and do a Verify Database to make sure all data source info in the reports are up to date.  There's more detail need such as which line of code is throwing the error?  Are there any reports that do work?  If so, what is the difference between the reports (and code running the reports) that do work and those that don't work?

It might be worth working with Business Object's customer support to find a solution to the errors.

0
djdeep
11/15/2005 5:57:40 PM
Well, we had to update all the database connections.. I wasn't expecting this because the server has not changed, but I guess it is a result of upgrading to the final version of .NET.  However, I'm now getting this error:

"Value does not fall within the expected range" which seems to be related to this error...
http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2010907.asp

Yes, it is supposedly only version 9.x for CR, but, that's what I'm seeing.  I'm downloading the latest service pack for CR 10 and will see if I can install it and if it will work...
0
rlbjr
11/16/2005 5:57:55 PM
The CR10 service packs (and hot fixes) will not work for the VS .NET 2005 bundled version.  Even though the bundled version has runtime files with the version 10.2.*.*, it's not really a "Crystal Reports 10" product; it's a slightly newer version and a different product sku.

At this point there are no hot fixes available for CR for VS .NET 2005.
0
djdeep
11/17/2005 5:22:49 PM
The fix for the display of data...

Instead of binding the dataset to the crystal report, bind it to the datatable.

Is there a list somewhere of all the changes to the crystal reports api like this one?

0
rlbjr