Crystal Reports in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net

Hello guysI am wondering if somebody knows if  there is any benefit buying Crystal Reports 2008, it is included in MS Visual Studio 2005 (I beleive in VS 2008 as well)?I can create Web reports with VS.net 2005 and I am not sure what advantage is having Crystal reports 2008 as separate product.I need to make reports for the management, and I use Visual studio to prepare Web reports on the intranetCan somebody tell me which is the best way to achieve that? Thanks
0
tyakimov

If you are developing in VS 2005, you don't need the full version of Crystal Reports 2008 for your every day, simple reporting.

If you migrate to Visual Studio 2008, you need Crystal Reports 2008 if you plan to run off an Intranet/Internet.  For some reason, the CR version in VS 2008 works only at your local workstation and not across the network.  I ran into this problem when I migrated from VS 2005 to VS 2008.  I contacted Business Objects and they confirmed the problem.  At the time CR 2008 had not been released so I had to wait on my migration.

Today, I have CR 2008 and I develop in VS 2008.

0
ttuell

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the...

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

MSSQL to Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
I am somewhat new to crystal reports and I am having problems understanding how to get data from MSSQL into a Crystal Report.  I was able to connect and pull data once I setup an ODBC datasource.  Is there no native way to connect to an MSSQL datasource from Crystal Reports? Cheers here's an example off calling an crystal report, and filling it up with a dataset: using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebC...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

How to use Crystal Reports.Net with Visual Studio 2005?
Hi. I am new user of visual 2005 and crystal report.net. I will appriciate if someone can answer my question. 1. Can I use Crystal Report.Net came with Visual Studio 2005 to deploy web application? 2. Can someone provide simple sample code asp.net 2.0 application in VB to implement crystal report (using pubs table in sql 2000 or sql 2005). That is, to show crystal report page of "select top 20 * from employee (pubs db)" 3. Do I have to have report designer to develop crystal report page? 4. Can I use crystal report.net for production use? (licensing) 5. Is it limited or unlim...

Can we generate crystal reports programmatically using embedded crystal reports designer in visual studio ide?
I have a requirement like i have to generate crystal report based on the user's requirements during runtime?Can u suggest me how to do?...

Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?
I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated. Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.   Eric Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand? Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe. Can u tell me some third party reporting programs a...

Web resources about - Crystal Reports in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net - asp.net.crystal-reports

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message