Crystal Reports Error: Memory full. Failed to export the report. Not enough memory for operation.

In my ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) application, the following line of code gives the error "Memory full. Failed to export the report. Not enough memory for operation."

myReport.ExportToHttpResponse(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, Response, blnAsAttachment, strAttachmentFilNam);

The same code is working fine on many other installations.

The server in question has plenty of memory available.

Any help is appreciated.

0
scptech

Hi scptech,

That's stupid remark about your problems, but do you used some OLE object inside your report ?

Do you have try to export the export as Excel or Word document ? (Only to try if the problem was not only for the export on PDF file type)

I've read a entry about that problem, your problem: http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1213065&page=1

Found the problem. In the report header there was a OLE object with a company logo.  Somewhere along the way this item got corrupted.  When the OLE object was removed I was then able to export to Acrobat...Strange but true.  I hope this problem helps someone else.  Thanks for the help.

Cheers !

Louis Turmel
http://www.leprogrammeur.net
Montréal - Paris
1
lturmel
11/6/2008 2:15:31 AM

There is no OLE object in the report.

0
scptech
11/6/2008 2:46:37 AM

Do you have see the settings of the Application Pool of the production environnement designated to run your web application ? Or any limitation about the Web Site hosted the report causing the "Full Memory".

What is the exact Exception and Stack Trace about the .Net Error given by your report from the application ?

Louis Turmel
http://www.leprogrammeur.net
Montréal - Paris
0
lturmel
11/10/2008 9:03:18 AM

This issue was resolved by installing SP2 on the server (it was previously running MS Win 2003 Server SP1).

0
scptech
11/10/2008 1:51:50 PM

Do you known the fix given about your problems between Win 2003 Sp1 and Win 2003 Sp2 ?

Louis Turmel
http://www.leprogrammeur.net
Montréal - Paris
0
lturmel
11/10/2008 2:02:09 PM

            Dim CrDiskFileDestinationOptions As New _
            DiskFileDestinationOptions()
            Dim CrFormatTypeOptions As New PdfRtfWordFormatOptions()
            CrDiskFileDestinationOptions.DiskFileName = _
                                        "c:\crystalExport.pdf"
            CrExportOptions = cryRpt.ExportOptions
            With CrExportOptions
                .ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile
                .ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat
                .DestinationOptions = CrDiskFileDestinationOptions
                .FormatOptions = CrFormatTypeOptions

http://vb.net-informations.com/crystal-report/vb.net_crystal_report_export_pdf.htm

0
boltonss
11/25/2008 10:58:15 AM

Not sure about specifics, just that SP2 worked
0
scptech

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

Crystal report error
Hi,           i have a project which has a crystal report which is been displayed on a webform.It runs perfectly on the development machine, but when i try to put it in prod thru a websetup, i get the following error.i have followed all the steps from the crnet_deployment document got from business objects.What is the problem?  Server Error in '/Loading' Application. Load report failed. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more in...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

Crystal Report give error "Load Report Failed"
Helloi in my Project I m using Crystal report,My Crystal report is Export in PDFi Have 150 fileapplication is first file export in pdf,then second file export pdf,in same say may be 30-40 file export in pdfbut after they give error load report faild, why this error will come.for run that application agian i have closed my VS and start again applicationwhy this will happen?  Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com...

Load Report Failed
Hi,  I am using the built in Crystal Report in VS.NET 2005. I followed 2 examples which seem to work until I run the crystal report, then receive "Load Report Failed" on top of the crystal report......   I have selected the table required, and put only 3 fields on the Crystal report, and made its report source my report.rpt, and in the Page_load event, put in databind() I obviouly put the crystalreportviewer on an aspx page first. But gives me the"Load report Failed" Why ? Can anyone assist please ?  Im using an access database Could it be becaus...

Export Crystal report to PDF report
Hello, Does anyone knows how to export the Crystal report (.rpt) to the PDF report in c#?  Thanks  http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Export-Crystal-Reports-To-PDF.aspxhttp://visualbasic.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/visualbasic-l/programmatically-exporting-from-crystal-report-to-pdf-using-vb-1480987http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vb/JatsArticle1.aspx  Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points tooamiT jaiNC#.NET Articles Hi, You can use the following  rptDoc.ExportToHttpRespons...

Crystal Report
HiI am using VS 2003 framework 1.1in my asp.net application crystal report run fine in my PC.But on demo server it will giving error,Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.Stack Trace:[LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.]   .I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID ) +272   .E(String , Int32 ) +56   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +1262   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportCla...

Web resources about - Crystal Reports Error: Memory full. Failed to export the report. Not enough memory for operation. - asp.net.crystal-reports

Operation Gladio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Gladio ( Italian : Operazione Gladio ) is the codename for a clandestine NATO " stay-behind " operation in Italy after World War II ...

The Sydney Opera House police operation is over
A police op is currently underway in the #Sydney CBD & #Manly . As the operation is ongoing, no further info is available at this stage. — NSW ...

Opera House scare: Police operation underway - DailyTelegraph Search Search
... Sydney Opera House following information posted on social media. A police op is currently underway in the #Sydney CBD & #Manly . As the operation ...

Police operation at Sydney Opera House sees area evacuated
POLICE operations have completed at Sydney Opera House and Manly wharf with the areas earlier evacuated and some ferry services cancelled.

Burkina Faso: Operation to retake Splendid Hotel from Islamists ends, more than 100 hostages freed, minister ...
Security operations to drive Al Qaeda fighters from a hotel they seized in Burkina Faso's capital end with 126 hostages freed.

Operation under way to end Burkina Faso hotel siege
Over 20 killed and 63 hostages freed as security forces raid hotel in Ouagadougou to end the standoff with gunmen.

Colin Powell looks back on Operation Desert Storm - Videos - CBS News
Twenty-five years ago, the first U.S. airstrikes began on Baghdad in Operation Desert Storm. In just six weeks, U.S. forces expelled the Iraqi ...

Note to CIOs: Focus on innovation, not just operations
CIOs who cling to an operational role could find themselves marginalized in the coming years, whereas those who focus on innovation could attain ...

New remote access Trojan Trochilus used in cyberespionage operations
A cyberespionage group was found using a new remote access Trojan dubbed Trochilus whose detection rate was very low among antivirus products. ...

This General Is About To Become America’s Top Special Operations Officer
'This administration has seen Special Operations to be a very effective tool'