Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5

 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.

Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.

I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.

After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...

Please, advise.

0
Iamconfused

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

Installing Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0
I have a VS2005 web app that I am trying to move from my local workstation to a dev server.   It runs fine locally.   When I move to the dev server I get the error "Could not load file or assembly Version 10.2.3600"     So I looked in WINDOWS/ASSEMBLY  and sure enough my local machine has version 10.2.3600  and my Dev machine has version 10.0.3300.   I found a post that says to run Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Installer  (CRRedist2005_x86.msi) on the server when you are deploying a VS2005 with crysta...

I installed .net 2.0 but there is .net 3.0 in the add or remove programs list as well, why
Hi, installed .net 2.0 "i know thats what iam running" but recently i found .net 3.0 as well when browsing the add or remove programs list. .net 2.0 is in the list as well but i dont remember a day i installed .net 3.0. The questions are how did it install. What version of .net is running on my system then. --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- >>The questions are how did it install.  Are you running Vista?  (.net 3.0 comes with Vista) >>What&...

Older version of .net crystal report not running on 2.0
Hello, I am new to Crystal Reports and I copied over an aspx page that was developed in 1.1 to the current website which is running on 2.0. I am not able to execute the file, coz of a bunch of errors Type 'CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions' is not defined being one of them. thanks The aspx code is as follows: Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim sCS, sComments, sConn sConn = Request.QueryString("conn") & "Conn" sCS = Application(sConn) sComments = &quo...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

install .net 3.5 without affecting .net 2.0 sites?
On my local system I have developed an older site in asp.net 2.0 and do not wish to upgrade that site. However, I also want to build a new site and for that I want to use asp.net 3.5. Is there anything I should watch out for, or I can I just install the 3.5 runtime etc?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Go ahead and install .net 3.5. It won't effect older projects. My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." The 3.5 framework is just extensions to the 2...

Web resources about - Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5 - asp.net.crystal-reports