Crystal Report - Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied #2

I'm trying to get a Crystals Report to show up using Win 2003 server standard edition and I keep getting this error:

(note: it works fine with my other server running win2k server)
If any one has any thoughts on it, please do share.
P.Muni Kumar
Here is the error page in its entirety:
Server Error in '/BranchSoft' Application.

Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied
It sounds like a typical "ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource." But none of the following actions resulted in getting past it:
1.) I added ASPNET to the Administrators group
2.) I added ASPNET user with full control to the following folder and its children
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\
....I've tried a lot of other things, then I came across this Tominva's comments reguarding MapPoint app that I need further explanation on.

Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied.
Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied.
ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.
To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.
Source Error:
Stack Trace:
[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied.] System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393 System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +632 System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195 CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgentBase.get_ImagePhysicalPath() +249 CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgentBase.p() +39 CrystalDecisions.Web.ReportAgent.v(Boolean `) +40 CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +108 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1489

P.Muni Kumar
0
MUNIKUMAR_P

Since no one has posted around any message boards with the solution, and Crystal BO Knowledge Base doesn't search for dynamic_images, just dynamic image Win 2003, here's the answer:

http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2014353.asp
0
spinportal

Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"
Hello, I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market. However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this i...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

Crystal Reports for VS2005 ExportToHTTPResponse gives "Invalid report file path" on deployed server
I have a ASP.Net application developed in C# on Win2k SP4, VS2005 SP1 using CR for VS2005. The application allows the user to select different reports and the selection and filtering criteria for those reports.  The user can then view the report using the embedded CrystalReportViewer control and print the report via exporting it to a PDF file.  Everything works great on my development machine.  When deployed to a Win2k3 server, using a web setup deployment project that contains the CR merge modules, the report loads in the CrystalReportViewer as expected.&n...

Crystal Report give error "Load Report Failed"
Helloi in my Project I m using Crystal report,My Crystal report is Export in PDFi Have 150 fileapplication is first file export in pdf,then second file export pdf,in same say may be 30-40 file export in pdfbut after they give error load report faild, why this error will come.for run that application agian i have closed my VS and start again applicationwhy this will happen?  Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com...

Crystal Report, Report "Flashes" on screen, then disapers when Priviewed
I am using the Crystal Report Automation Service to preview CR reports from my PowerBuilder application. When I call the Preview function, the report "flashes" on the screen, then it disapers right away. How can I make it "stay" untill the user closes the Preview Window ? OLEObject sc1, loo_Report sc1 = CREATE OLEObject li_return = sc1.ConnectToNewObject ("crystal.crpe.application") loo_Report = sc1.OpenReport( ls_FullFileName) loo_Report.PrintWindowOptions.CanDRillDown = TRUE loo_Report.PrintWindowOptions.HasCancelButton = TRUE loo_Report.PrintWind...

Dissecting the "Logon Failed" Error in Crystal Reports .NET
Following up Eric Landes' article "Troubleshooting Database Login Errors using Crystal Reports with .NET", I set out to see why this error is so common in Crystal Reports .NET projects. The result is a Crystal Alliance article published today, "Dissecting the 'Logon Failed' Error in Crystal Reports .NET". <abstract> Often, the best way to prevent an error is to understand why it occurs. In various newsgroups, questions regarding the “Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed” are asked quite often. A recent Crystal...

Crystal Reports VS.NET 2005 "Invalid Keycode"
I am creating a new ASP.NET web site and dropping a CrystalReportViewer on it in VS.NET 2005.  I create a report source, I create a new report and when I choose ok, it tries to open the report to design it and I get an "Invalid Keycode" message.I found the information on the VS.NET 2002 and 2003 registry keys, but they don't exist in VS.NET 2005 of course, so that didn't help.I've gone through the repair option on the DVD, and verified that the Crystal Report section is all selected, but that hasn't helped.Does anyone know how to solve this provblem?T...

Failed to open "crystal report"???
i completely write the code to open and preview the crytal report inside the web formit can successfully open the crystal report. But when i open many time, it will appear an error message.Failed to Open - myReportDocument.Load(Server.MapPath("rpt_Invoice.rpt"))Why will like that??? Can some one help me! [:'(] You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections you can have to the database. What kind of database are you using with Crystal Reports? DigiOz Multimediahttp://www.digioz.com Ya, Thank for your reply! I using MS SQL database and I using dataset link with ...

Crystal Reports -"Logon Failed"
I created a report using Crystal 10 that I use with VS 2003. It works fine up until I reach this line I get that famous error;"Logon Failed" This error occurs in this line; oStream = crReportDocument.ExportToStream(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat) Help please???? I cannot understand why I keep getting this error!!!  Try the following code Try entering the logon information. Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic Public Class ApplyCRLogin    Public _dbName As String    Public _serverName As String    Publi...

"Entity Attribute" List Report
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4d25ff13 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit RE: PD 15.2.0.3060 EBF1 For an "Entity Attribute" List Report, we can report that an attribute is a Primary Identifier and a Foreign Identifier. How do I report that an attribute is an "Alternate Identifier", i.e. marked as "<ai>" in a diagram? I've attached a screen snapshot of the List Report Wizard. Thank you in advance for your assistance. -- Peter ---=_forums-1-dub4d...

How can I make a report with "Chart" on it by using "Rave Report"?
Dear All: How can I make a report with "Chart" on it by using "Rave Report"? Just like we did with "TQRChart" in "QuickReport". Thanks, Michael ...

Web resources about - Crystal Report - Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied #2 - asp.net.crystal-reports