Converting VS 2003 Crystal reports to VS 2005 crystal reports - need help

Hello,

    I have converted a VS 2003 project that has few Crstalreports in it to VS 2005. All the dlls got converted good except the Crystalreports part. I have a sub routine called ExportReport() in a page called GenerateReport.aspx page in VS 2003 which generates the report in a word or excel etc... based on what user selects.

Tthe first line I have is

Dim myReport as new CrystalReport1

and this works perfect in VS 2003. But when I converted the entire project to VS 2005 it CrystalReport is not recognised by the IDE and I see a blue line underneath.

So as a remedy I also tried adding

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

CrystalDecesions.ReportSource

CrystalDecisions.Shared

CrystalDecisions.Web

references to to my VS 2005 project by right clicking on the project and by picking the "Add Reference..."   option but it doesn't seem like it did some thing for me and it still "CrystalReport1"  in my VS 2005.

Have any one run into this kind of conversion from VS 2003 to VS 2005? Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

-L

0
lusty_learner

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Crystal Report Viewer - VS 2008 bundled, and version bundled with Crystal Reports 2008
Hey folks. I have a form generated by my web app which is a crystal report .rpt file. It is a paper form kept for archiving purposes.It contains alot of boxes that when viewed in the Crystal Report Viewer (both the bundled with VS 2008, and the updated version that is installed when installing Crystal Reports 2008), the spacing on the boxes is off and some of the text is misaligned.Is this common? Are there other solutions (third party viewers, converters, etc?)  Is there a way to get the old ActiveX viewer (our old ASP server hosts alot of crystal reports viewed through the Active...

Got error CS0433 for Crystal Report after migrating the project from VS 2003 to VS 2005
I got following error after I migrated my web project from VS2003 to VS 2005. I was using Crystal report 9.2 with VS 2003 for this project. Now I wanted to upgrade my project to VS 2005. How can I resolve this problem? Any help would be very much appriciated. Thanks. May c:\inetpub\wwwroot\operatorsuite520\Reports\ReportViewer.aspx.cs(99,27): error CS0433: The type 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine\10.2.3600.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll' and 'c:\WINDO...

Crystal Report in VS.NET 2005
Can somebody tell me how i can instantiate a CrystalReport in ASP.NET page. Acutally in 2003 version each crystal report has its .cs file but in 2005 .cs file is missing. ReportClass oRpt; oRpt = new Reports.rptCrystal Report ( ); oRpt.Load(); oRpt.SetDataSource(dataset); rptViewer.ReportSource = oRpt; It was working fine but i have converted this into VS.NET 2005 version its is throwing exception "Unable to find the report in the given manifest , build the project and try again like this ". Can somebody tell me how i can instantiate the crystal report in VS.NET 2005 as i did  in...

Crystal Report vs Mssql Service Reporting
 Please provide me some information about this two reporting tools because i am going to develop reports? Which is the best choice? Friend, its purely a subjective matter and both of the camps support their own camp. Anyways you can compare yourself both of them in the following article http://www.baadd.org/uploads/SQL%20Reporting%20Services%20vs%20Crystal%20Reports%20comparative%20analysis.pdf Hope it helped you. Good luck!  Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thr...

Crystal Reports vs SQL Reporting Services
Hi all! May I ask which is better to use: Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services? Thanks to all. What are your reporting needs?  This will likely dictate one solution over another moreso than anybody's personal recommendations. My personal experience with Crystal (9.x and below) is that you'll be struggling for a while to get reporting that even works (especially web-based reporting).  Reporting Services, on the other hand, has always just worked for me.  But, there are certainly limitations with both products. So, my personal preferences are in the following order.&nbs...

Printing crystall report vs.net 2005
 Hi All! I used Crystall report of vs.net 2005, it's fine but when i print with big data is error! Details: "a error occurred on the server. Printing will be stoped. Wold you like to view the error information?" Chose "Yes" or "No" don't print.  Please, help me! Thanks!   AnyOne, phease help me! I'm very verry ...urgent VinhNT...

Crystal Reports Licensing and VS.Net 2005
I have been researching licensing information for Crystal Reports, and I have come across contradicting answers.   We currently have Visual Studio 2005, which comes with Crystal Reports.  I read that this version can have only 5 concurrent users viewing reports.  I am currently developing a internal ASP website that our 75+ employees will be using.  The reports will be part of the project and stored in something like ~reports/ folder. My question is when the project gets deployed (remember internal only) do we need to buy licensing for Crystal reports, or are we...

Web resources about - Converting VS 2003 Crystal reports to VS 2005 crystal reports - need help - asp.net.crystal-reports

Rothesay building new arena, converting existing rink to fieldhouse
The Town of Rothesay plans to build a new arena and convert the existing one into a fieldhouse.