Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"

Hello,

I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market.

However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this issue, so I decided that its time to convert all my reports to Crystal Reports and move on.

Does anybody have an Idea how can I convert my reports from Active reports to Crystal reports ?

 Many Thanks,

AJ.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. (Bill Gates)
0
Idea

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

"Entity Attribute" List Report
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4d25ff13 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit RE: PD 15.2.0.3060 EBF1 For an "Entity Attribute" List Report, we can report that an attribute is a Primary Identifier and a Foreign Identifier. How do I report that an attribute is an "Alternate Identifier", i.e. marked as "<ai>" in a diagram? I've attached a screen snapshot of the List Report Wizard. Thank you in advance for your assistance. -- Peter ---=_forums-1-dub4d...

How can I make a report with "Chart" on it by using "Rave Report"?
Dear All: How can I make a report with "Chart" on it by using "Rave Report"? Just like we did with "TQRChart" in "QuickReport". Thanks, Michael ...

Crystal Report give error "Load Report Failed"
Helloi in my Project I m using Crystal report,My Crystal report is Export in PDFi Have 150 fileapplication is first file export in pdf,then second file export pdf,in same say may be 30-40 file export in pdfbut after they give error load report faild, why this error will come.for run that application agian i have closed my VS and start again applicationwhy this will happen?  Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com...

Crystal Report, Report "Flashes" on screen, then disapers when Priviewed
I am using the Crystal Report Automation Service to preview CR reports from my PowerBuilder application. When I call the Preview function, the report "flashes" on the screen, then it disapers right away. How can I make it "stay" untill the user closes the Preview Window ? OLEObject sc1, loo_Report sc1 = CREATE OLEObject li_return = sc1.ConnectToNewObject ("crystal.crpe.application") loo_Report = sc1.OpenReport( ls_FullFileName) loo_Report.PrintWindowOptions.CanDRillDown = TRUE loo_Report.PrintWindowOptions.HasCancelButton = TRUE loo_Report.PrintWind...

Change to "Report" for Reports
I am trying to change the first page of a report "REPORT" to something else e.g. Entity Attribute Description Report. How do you do this ? I have read the manual but cannot figure it out. Walt In the Report Editor, select the Report menu and then select the "Title Page" menu item. You can now change the title. This is documented in the Report User's Guide on page 91 in the 7.5 guide and page 90 in the 7.0 guide. HTH, Anthony Hill PowerDesigner Product Support On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:37:48 -0400, walt@lehman.com wrote: >I am trying to chan...

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Report "Load report failed" while report using data field
hi all, I'm develop asp.net and crystal report from visual studio 2003 environment. all the completed program & report will place in 1 folder running by IIS5, currently the problem is: if the report is without using database fields is runnable and display well in my page; but if the report need to uses of database's field (no matter from xml or dataset), the page always throw error message "Load report failed", the stack trace always stop in the code "rpt.SetDataSource(ds)" or " rpt.Database.Tables(0).SetDataSource(ds.Tables("tbl1")" or "rpt.ExportToStream (CrystalDecisions.Shared.E...

Report viewer "Report is being generated"
Hi, I am having a problem with Report Viewer.  It works as expected when there is no security in effect as per the below extract from the web config:<authorization>   <allow users="*"/> </authorization> But when the following is implemented the report viewer control does not get past the "Report is being generated" message.<authorization>   <deny users="*"/>  <allow users="Administrators"/> </authorization> Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Karen. Hi Karen, Since you have ...

Crystal Reports for VS2005 ExportToHTTPResponse gives "Invalid report file path" on deployed server
I have a ASP.Net application developed in C# on Win2k SP4, VS2005 SP1 using CR for VS2005. The application allows the user to select different reports and the selection and filtering criteria for those reports.  The user can then view the report using the embedded CrystalReportViewer control and print the report via exporting it to a PDF file.  Everything works great on my development machine.  When deployed to a Win2k3 server, using a web setup deployment project that contains the CR merge modules, the report loads in the CrystalReportViewer as expected.&n...

sql for Financial Reporting periods "This Month", "Last Month", "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "This Year", "Last Year"
Does anyone know of a way to use a funtion for returning records based on fiscal reporting periods like Quickbooks uses for example "This Month", "Last Month", "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", "This Year", "Last Year". While I realize that I can create a very long date time parsing routine  for this but it is not very elegant or useful. I thought there might be a way to do this already with an existing function.I have created a stored procedure that I pass a @ViewRange Parameter to and it returns the records that I want but I ne...

Assigned to Fix
Hi All: I have seen this thread on the group but I am unclear on the solution. Question: Is there anyway to set the bug as "Fixed" and have it automatically reassign to the reporter for verification without have to do the multiple steps? The solution i have seen on the thread is: You have to modify process_bug.cgi. Look for the line that contains: ChangeResolution("FIXED") Do I change the ChangeResolution(x) to ChangeResolution to (Fixed)? Thxs john John, 2007/10/17, BumNSun <jlevstek13@yahoo.com>: > Is there anyway to s...

Web resources about - Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports" - asp.net.crystal-reports