Can we generate crystal reports programmatically using embedded crystal reports designer in visual studio ide?

I have a requirement like i have to generate crystal report based on the user's requirements during runtime?Can u suggest me how to do?

-1
ramesh1520

Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?
I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated. Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.   Eric Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand? Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe. Can u tell me some third party reporting programs and how to use them? I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with them, but I do know they exist.  Just search for 3rd party .net graphing sdks.  ...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i remove this prompt. There is a property called "DatabaseLogonPrompt" but if i set it to false. The report will no show up telling me the parameters are incorrect. So the password has to be entered in the code but where i dont know. Build the report method: The crystal report i built in this manner. 1) Added Crystal Report from add new item2) Followed the instructions 3) Chose to create a new connection4) OLE DB5) OLEDB provider for SQL Server6) Input servername,id, password and database name from combo this created the report I installed IIS on my local pc having win xp sp2. Also have Sql express 2005 on the same machine. So i need to find a way to remove the prompt. Found codes but it was either windows applicaiton with C# or web application in vb. I want code for C# web application or website in C#. I relatively new to ASP.net as i finished my .net at the end of last mo...

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

recently converted a project from .net to .net 2003. The 2 crystal reports I had in the project do not load when executing the application. The project itself within 2003 will allow me to multiplat the crystal reports, however when it comes to execution time I get the error: Invalid Data Source. If this isn't the right forum please point me to the right one as this is really the only website I know of with a large reader base. >to multiplat the crystal reports To what the crystal reports? Do you have the same database connections established and verified in your 2003 solution?If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs all the C# code is interacting with the database fine. when I mean manipulate the crystal forms I mean move things around in the designer. But when I "play" the application, execute the code, when I try to bring up the report I get said error. ...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

creating reports in Visual studio 2005 using Crystal report
hi: i was trying to create a report using crystal report in visual studio 2005 and i was unable to link my database to the report.rpt can anyone please tell me the steps how to connect my database to the crystal report or any link that may help me.     very ugently. thank you for your support...

How to use Crystal Report Selection Formula manually in my Crystal Report page.
Hello, I have Link button on each gridview row and I want to take priview of that row through Crystal Report viewer when I click on Link Button on Gridview row.  In this  CrystalReports1.aspx.cs page I am using record number '35' and it is showing this record correctly but I want to view the each record which is clicked on Linkbutton.  Default.aspx <asp:TemplateField> <ItemTemplate><asp:LinkButton ID = "commandSelect" text = "Preview" Runat="Server" OnClick="commandSelect_Click"/> </ItemTemplate> </asp:TemplateField> Default.aspxprotected void commandSelect_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  LinkButton btn = new LinkButton(); btn = (LinkButton)sender;GridViewRow grdRow = ((GridViewRow)btn.Parent.Parent);string keyID; keyID = grdRow.Cells[1].Text.Trim(); //where Cells[1] is the column index where you store your primary keySession["Quotation_No"] = keyID;this.Response.Redirect("CrystalReports1.aspx"); } CrystalReports1.aspx.csprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {  // Here I want to change but not aware how to apply code when click on Link Button. this.CrystalReportViewer1.SelectionFormula = "{Quotation_Master.QUOTATION_NO} = 35"; // I want to change here what will be the code for display the record on click the link button. I put here Quotation_No = 35 which record is displaying on Link button clic...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

retrieving crystal report graph images instead of using crystal report viewer
is it possible to retrieve the crystal report graph images without using the crystal report viewer.  ...

how to generate reports (not a crystal report)
 how to create reports in asp.net..data coming from an sql server 2005 databse. Using ASP.NET to Create Multi-Page Custom Reports               Make Reports Quickly With ASP.NET and XMLWe All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch at3_0506:how to create reports in asp.net..data coming from an sql server 2005 databse. Hi, You can use the ASPNET ReportViewer Control (rdlc) to generate a report with data from database:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/ReportViewer.aspxhttp://geekswithblogs....

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

How can I ensure that when accessing reports done in Crystal Reports in Visual Studio 2008 does not ask for a username and password?
 I am developing web application using csharp in Visual studio 2008. How can I ensure that when accessing reports done in Crystal Reports in Visual Studio 2008 does not  ask for a username and password when a user or me want to access reports. In other words I want the way of accessing the reports with out it being asked to type in username and password. Please help  Any idea. Help please...

Need advice on debugging my crystal report. Is there a way to execute a crystal report formula within the IDE
 Hello. I am new to crystal reports.  I am looking for ways to debug my Crystal report. Sometimes when my application generates a report, the report only displays the top of the report with no results displayed at all. I am thinking that the reason for this is that my formula sometimes returns a value of zero. In turn this results in the report not being generated. Here is my formula. Is there a way to step through the execution of this crystal reports code, without having to start my C#/ASP.NET application in the debugger? In other words within the Crystal report displayed in th...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Beginner question
hi all,it is the first time i am using crystal report function to generate the report. i have already create two pages: report.rpt and report.aspx. i want to use the report.aspx page to call the report.rpt to generate the report, but seems it doesn' t work.my code (very sample - i want to test first):  Dim myreport As New CrystalReport        Me.CrystalReportViewer1.DisplayGroupTree = False        Me.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = myreportError message: Invalid Report Source. Description: An unhandled exception ...

How to use Crystal Reports.Net with Visual Studio 2005?
Hi. I am new user of visual 2005 and crystal report.net. I will appriciate if someone can answer my question. 1. Can I use Crystal Report.Net came with Visual Studio 2005 to deploy web application? 2. Can someone provide simple sample code asp.net 2.0 application in VB to implement crystal report (using pubs table in sql 2000 or sql 2005). That is, to show crystal report page of "select top 20 * from employee (pubs db)" 3. Do I have to have report designer to develop crystal report page? 4. Can I use crystal report.net for production use? (licensing) 5. Is it limited or unlim...

Crystal Report
Is it possible to use the Crystal Report's Report Designer Coponent (RDC) with PB ? How can I use the RDC Automation Server with PB ? Can I use the command CreateObject and then access all the function in the object, or do I have to declare all functions as external ? Is there any sample-code available to show how this works ?? Any help will be highly appreciated ! Turid :-) You can use the RDC Automation Server in the following way: (where Parent is a form, ole_1 is CR Viewer Control) (see also my answers at the newsgroup from 07/07/2000) OLEObject sc1, RptObj, DbOb...

Reports without using Crystal Report
Hi, I just wanted to know if there is any way to create reports other than Crystal Reports. Thanks. Hi, There are many ways other than crystal reports to generate reports. But you have to purchase a third party tool for that. 'ActiveReports' from Datadynamics is one among them. Thanks,Ramprasad. Hello, There are other reporting tools as well, which do not need third party component, You can use;1) Microsoft Reporting *.rdlc with Report Viewer Control.2) SQL Server 2005 Reporting with Report Viewer Control.These are builtin control in there respective products, for m...

Web resources about - Can we generate crystal reports programmatically using embedded crystal reports designer in visual studio ide? - asp.net.crystal-reports

[...] How to Programmatically Administer Off-Facebook Pages with the Open Graph API - Inside Facebook ...
With the Open Graph protocol that Facebook announced at last week’s f8 conference, any URL can now be treated just like a Facebook Page. After ...

Well, This Is Different Time Inc. Now Selling Print Ads Programmatically
Machines are now selling some print ads at Time Inc. The nation's largest magazine publisher owner of People, Time, Sports Illustrated and InStyle ...

Time Inc. Sells Print Ads Programmatically
Time Inc. is stepping into the future of advertising. The company is now allowing advertisers to use programmatic advertising — the buying and ...

Wesabe makes Financial Data available programmatically
Wesabe has just done what I've been trying to convince banks to do for years. They're making financial data available via a simple POX (Plain ...

MarTech Today: Amplitude’s Compass, deep dive into beacons & most marketers buy programmatically
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...

IPG Begins Buying Local Broadcast Programmatically: Can Target, Retarget Viewers In Near Real-Time
In what likely is the most significant development yet to bring programmatic media-buying to local broadcast television, Interpublic's Mediabrands ...

Google Launches Cloud SQL API To Allow Developers To Manage Their Databases Programmatically
... to use Google’s admin interface. Today, however, Google is launching the Cloud SQL API . This new REST API will allow developers to programmatically ...

Are Programmatically Purchased Native Ads Native Enough?
It seems everyone and their mothers are pushing native ad units and tools to support them. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and most recently AOL all ...

AT&amp;T Plans to Sell Linear TV Programmatically
AT&T plans to start selling linear TV ads on cable networks on U-verse and DirecTV via automated software later this year as part of a partnership ...

Most Major U.S. Publishers Now Sell Ads Programmatically
Most major online publishers in the U.S. now sell at least some of their ad space using automated "programmatic" technology, according to new ...