Can somebody help - .NET 1.1 , vb.net crystal reports,stored procedure

I Seem to be going nuts ! I know it has to be simple but I am missing the link. I haven't used crystal reports with asp.net before. So pardom me if my problem sounds silly.

My requirement is very simple actually. I am using asp.net 1.1 with vb.net in vs.net 2003 with the inbuilt crystal reports control.

I have to connect to a sql server 2000 database to extract rows from a stored procedure which accepts a parameter and the report has to be in Mail label format.

I referred various books and web sites and according to that , added a crystal reports file to the project and selected the stored procedure and also the output fields that needs to be displayed.

In my webform added a report viewer control and also added report document and selected the report created in the report document control and also in the 'databinding' property of the 'reportviewer control' and added the reportviewer1.databind in the .vb page.

Acc.to the tutorial and books ishould have been prompted for  parameter so I can enter the parameter value. But instead I got this big fat error :(

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value

And in the source error , this is what I am getting

    <CR:CrystalReportViewer id=CrystalReportViewer1  accessKey="<%#cachedCrystalReport11%>" runat="server" >
    </CR:CrystalReportViewer>
   </form>

I am not sure what I am missing seriously. Also if somecan point to me a tutorial which simply explains how to connect a sql server stored procedure with parameters to get the output in asp.net using vb.net

Thanks in advance for reading patiently

GV

0
gvi

This in C# though, but this should get you a view on how we use it:

_connectie =

WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["Servers"].ConnectionString;

oRpt =

new CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument();

SqlConnection oConn = new SqlConnection(_connectie);

oRpt.Load(Server.MapPath(

"Rapporten/CrystalReport.rpt"));

_oCmd =

new SqlCommand("crystal_Server", oConn);

_oCmd.CommandType =

CommandType.StoredProcedure;

_oCmd.Parameters.Add(

new SqlParameter("@serverstring", _serverIDS));

_oCmd.Parameters.Add(

new SqlParameter("@categoriestring", _categorieIDS));

_oCmd.Parameters.Add(

new SqlParameter("@startdatum", _startdate));

_oCmd.Parameters.Add(

new SqlParameter("@einddatum", _enddate));

SqlDataAdapter

oDa = new SqlDataAdapter(_oCmd);

DataSet dataSet = new DataSet();

try

{

oDa.Fill(dataSet,

"Naam");

}

catch (Exception exc)

{

throw new ApplicationException("fout opvullen dataset:" + exc.Message);

}

oRpt.SetDataSource(dataSet);

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = oRpt;

oRpt.DataDefinition.ParameterFields[0].ApplyCurrentValues(pvserverID);

oRpt.DataDefinition.ParameterFields[1].ApplyCurrentValues(pvcategorieID);

oRpt.DataDefinition.ParameterFields[2].ApplyCurrentValues(pvBegin);

oRpt.DataDefinition.ParameterFields[3].ApplyCurrentValues(pvEinde);

grtz, hope this helps

tompy_nation
4/27/2007 7:22:15 AM

Hi Tompy,

Thanks very much for the response. I did change to your code in vb. first I tried with a simple stored proc without parameters but I am not getting any rows in the report in browser

Its just a empty report with the the header row but with no records.

I have one doubt when adding crystal reports.rpt file to the project I added selected 'Mail label' and also selected a blank report. Is that the reason the report is empty?

Thx again

GV

0
gvi
5/1/2007 10:46:02 PM

Hi Tompy,

Thanks very much for the response. I did change to your code in vb. first I tried with a simple stored proc without parameters but I am not getting any rows in the report in browser

Its just a empty report with the the header row but with no records.

I have one doubt when adding crystal reports.rpt file to the project I added selected 'Mail label' and also selected a blank report. Is that the reason the report is empty?

Thx again

GV

0
gvi

Crystal report with stored procedure works with 1 proc only
I have a report which I am trying to create. It is using the 'pull' method. Currently I am trying to get it to work with two stored procedures: prSelectCustAppTitle, which takes parameters @ApplicationID and @AppVersionNumber And prSelectPromptsByApp which takes parameters @ApplicationID, @AppVersionNumber and @LanguageID I set the values of these parameters in the code behind of the page. I can call and use EITHER of the stored procedures. As soon as I try to use both I get an error (not a very good one either): Missing parameter valuesError: Object reference not set to an instance o...

Crystal Report on Framework 1.1 and 3.0
We have an asp.net 1.1 application which we recently migrated to ASP.Net 2.0 . There are several crystal reports in the application. We have hosted both the 1.1 and 2.0 on a Windows 2003 server. Both the applications work fine but only problem is reports in the 2.0 application are not opening. But if the applications are deployed on a XP machine, reports in both 1.1 and 2.0 application work fine.  ...

project developed in 1.1 and uses Crystal Reports
Hi I am trying to add so new functionality to an existing website developed in a visual studio 2003 and using the dot net framework 1.1 When I try to open the project in VS 2003 it gives me the follwoing error "Visual studio cannot open application. Components are not installed on local webserver  add web development component " Do i have to install the crystal reports on my machine even to setup this project?  Muhammad Arsalan Ayub MVP ASP.NET Visual Developmnet User Group Leader DotNetOlympians MyBlog ...

Sybase 11.5.1; Open Client 11.1.1; InterSolv/Sybase 10.0.4 ODBC; VB5; Crystal Reports
I have a client who is deploying a 16-bit VB application which continuously gets GPF's in the Sybase open client libraries (WCOMNLIB, WTCLLIB, WCTLIB), ODBC libraries (SYSYBW3), and Crystal Reports libraries (DAO2516). Problems do not occur unless client is switching back and forth between multiple Crystal Report windows. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Client workstations have between 32MB and 64 MB ram. ...

Problem in Crystal report while migrating from 1.1 to 2.0
Hi All, We have migrated our asp.net appln from .net 1.1 to 2.0. But we ran into a problem in crysstal reports, the report data cannot be viewed 'CrystalReportPartsViewer', but when exporting the report to other format, it is working fine. Here is the .net 1.1 appln code <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="FrmWBRRBDReportView.aspx.vb" Inherits="ORKey.FrmRBDReportView" EnableViewState="True" %><%@ Register TagPrefix="cr1" Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" Assembly="Cryst...

2.0 breaking Crystal Reports written with 1.1
Okay, here's my delima:I've a server which has had an application running a ASP.NET app with crystal reports exporting to a PDF file.  I've since added the 2.0 framework and deployed a 2.0 application on this server.  The crystal reports export no longer works, showing an obscure error on the line of exporting my dataset to the crystal report object.After some rummaging around I've had to change in the IIS Manager -> Default Web Site -> ASP.NET tab -> and change the ASP.NET version back to 1.1.4322 to get the 1.1 app working again.  But of course this breaks t...

Converting VS 2003 Crystal reports to VS 2005 crystal reports
Hello,     I have converted a VS 2003 project that has few Crstalreports in it to VS 2005. All the dlls got converted good except the Crystalreports part. I have a sub routine called ExportReport() in a page called GenerateReport.aspx page in VS 2003 which generates the report in a word or excel etc... based on what user selects.   Tthe first line I have is Dim myReport as new CrystalReport1 and this works perfect in VS 2003. But when I converted the entire project to VS 2005 it CrystalReport is not recognised by the IDE and I see a blue line underneath. ...

Infomaker Runtime and Reports with Stored Procedures
begin 644 dok1.doc MT,\1X*&Q&N$`````````````````````/@`#`/[_"0`&```````````````! M````)```````````$```)@````$```#^____`````",```#_____________ M____________________________________________________________ M____________________________________________________________ M____________________________________________________________ M____________________________________________________________ M____________________________________________________________ M____________________________________________________________ M_____________________________________________________...

Can we generate crystal reports programmatically using embedded crystal reports designer in visual studio ide?
I have a requirement like i have to generate crystal report based on the user's requirements during runtime?Can u suggest me how to do?...

can`t use a store procedure for crystal reports
i need use a store procedure for crystal reports, but add it, i have the next mistake "cannot find: QE property"....

DNN2.1.2
Dear forum users, I am trying to incorporate the use of crystal reports in a module that I have created but ran into difficulties. I would appreciate if someone can guide me on how I can incorporate the use of the crystal report control in a DNN module. Some sample code of the ascx and the code behind would be most appreciated. Thank you so very much. wan Hi Wan. I can't supply you with an entire solution but I'll try and help if you explain your specific problems. Regard Dave ...

Error message by creating a new report with a stored procedure
begin 644 tl_equipmt_redlv.sql M#5-13%]!1%9!3E1!1T4!!#$Q+C'_>0M#4D5!5$4@4%)/0T5$55)%(&1B;RYS M<%]?1$)!7V5Q=6EP;6QI<W1?<F5D96QI=F5R#0H-"D!A:7)C<F%F="!C:&%R M*#8I"0D]($Y53$PL#0I`9&%T=6T@("!D871E=&EM92`@("`@("`@(#T@3E5, M3"!W:71H(')E8V]M<&EL92`-"@T*05,-"@T*0D5'24X-"@T*#0I#4D5!5$4@ M5$%"3$4@(W1E;7!?,0T**&%C7W)E9VES='(@($-(05(H-BDL("`@#0H@("`@ M("`@("!P87)T;F\@0TA!4B@R,"DL("`@("`@#0H@("`@("`@("!S97)I86QN M;R!#2$%2*#(P*2P@(`T*("...

Need help plz
Hello, I'm looking for a tutorial or some guidance on how to use a stored procedure to populate a crystal report based on a parameter that is being passed in from a dropdownlist. I have been looking for sometime and can't find a clearly explained solution. Any help or an example would be great!...

Can I use multiple result sets from the same stored procedure in a crystal report?
and if so how?I have tried this and it only displays the first recordset.  Maybe there is an option???thanks Unfortunately, CR will not be able to process multiple resultsets returned by a Stored Procedure. If you rearchitect your project a little, you can have several tables returned into a single dataset, then use the dataset as the data source for your report.  I have done this on a report that uses 4 tables, and it works fine, but yuo probably need to start your report all over again.If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal A...

Web resources about - Can somebody help - .NET 1.1 , vb.net crystal reports,stored procedure - asp.net.crystal-reports

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure

Why Are Web Login Security Procedures So #$*&!% Dumb And Obnoxious?
The geeks who design our websites talk a lot about user friendliness, but they often let an exaggerated security concerns get in the way of commonsense. ...