Call Independenly Designed Crystal Report Using cr viewer control in vb.net web apps

Hi,

I have designed the crystal report independently in version 9.0 with one parameter field.
i want to call that report from the web application and pass the parameter.
so that the report can show me the right value from the data base of SQL server.
How can i do that??
plz hlp me.
Tauseef
0
talam_02

Just do Add >> Existing Object to add the report to your project.  Then, you can use that report file just as if you had created it in Visual Studio.  This works for all versions 8.5 or better.

For examples of passing parameters, support.businessobject.com has a good example in their knowledge base. Search for the ASP.NEt examples.
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
4/9/2004 4:46:05 PM
i m doing the same but here is binding problem.

when i use the parameter the application shows the report without error.
but there is no data it shows on the report.
design is right but no data on the report..
kindly help me..
tauseef
0
talam_02
4/10/2004 7:13:50 AM
Download the sample files here:

http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/vbnet_web_samples.exe.asp
Look at the Discrete Parameter example. It helped me a lot when passing parameters to reports.
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

how to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005 ?
for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link - http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html But now i am stuck is how to view my web application ? what url should i give my intranet users to view this web application? Please help. Thanks. Hi, When we run the Web Setup project, your application will be installed on the local IIS. You can view it from IIS. To access it from another machine, we need to configure it to use IP address instead of "...

retrieving crystal report graph images instead of using crystal report viewer
is it possible to retrieve the crystal report graph images without using the crystal report viewer.  ...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Dynamically Calling Crystal Report from .net 2005 with no crystal login
Most of us develop .net applications and will try to integrate thecrystal reports with the applications.  I tried all possbile options,and succesfully implemented them. I would like share some of them withyou all.  Environment Visual Studio 2005 and Crystal Report XI. 1. Create a Crystal Report as usual in Visual studio 2005 .net   using ODBC connection. In this example "CrystalReport.rpt"   2. Create a aspx web form to display the report.  This form will   be a place holder for crystal report. 3. In design mode, drag and drop Crystal Report ...

Creating Reports using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
Hi i am trying to create a crystal report using C# coding but instead of creating a web application under new project i decided to choose create an asp.net website with C#. The problem is i get:- The report you requested requires further information. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------XP\SQLEXPRESS  Server name:    Database name:    User name:    Password:    All data is present except my password when i enter it, it works fine and the report works too with no problems. How do i ...

using dataset in crystal report in vb.net
Hi alI, I want to use the user defined data set in run time in vb.net for eg. A user wants to put data in run time for that particulart filed  all data should be taken from database. Can Any 1 suggest me what to do.   Thnaks, Bob       Create a typed dataset of the dataset u r using for the gridview using ds.WriteXMLSchema("C:\data.xsd"). Add it to ur application code folder Create an object of the typed dataset. Get dataset into it. Bind it to the gridview. Keep the dataset in session so that u can reuse it Then create a c...

Web resources about - Call Independenly Designed Crystal Report Using cr viewer control in vb.net web apps - asp.net.crystal-reports

The Flattr Folks Announce Heml.is, A New Private Messaging App
... sort of "metadata" tracking that caused the NSA debate. Also there's no mention of the app being open-source, so it will be tough to independenly ...

The Collatz conjecture is safe (for now)
A few days ago John Cook reported a draft paper claiming to solve the Collatz conjecture. Of course, since the Collatz conjecture is so simple ...

Frequently Asked Questions - Neighborino.com HOA websites for your neighborhood, condo association or ...
How does the 30-day free trial work? You get to enjoy Neighborino risk-free for 30 days. At the end of your 30-day trial your neighborhood you ...

Jihadi leader Mokhtar Belmokhtar killed in US air strike, Libya claims - World news - The Guardian
Militant leader known as the ‘Uncatchable’ and blamed for a deadly attack on a gas plant in Algeria in 2013 has been reported killed several ...

Message to Anthony Watts
Anthony: It has now been independenly confirmed, by multiple persons, that my results regarding the impact of station dropout on global temperature ...

CB-1 Alaska Class
The six Alaska class "large cruisers" were ordered in September 1940 under the massive 70% Expansion ("Two Ocean Navy") building program. The ...