Application Logon User required in Reports

Hello All,

 How do I bring in the application's login user name to Crystal Report?

Thanks and Regards

Nick

0
nicklibee

All,,

Pls help me.

Can anyone please help me ?

 I have a table which stores username and password of the registered users.

When the user access the application i would like to pass the login user details to the crystal report

Example

Username in Application is ABC

ABC logs into the application and access the report page.

I wanted the ABC name there in Report, i mean CrstalReports1.rpt

Can anyone please help me?

Regards

Nick

0
nicklibee
11/25/2008 7:01:41 AM

Normally no need to give username and password to crystal report

Ref: http://forums.asp.net/p/1325764/2646804.aspx

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/rsubhajit/CrystalReportwithDataSet03012006060655AM/CrystalReportwithDataSet.aspx

If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer
0
jeyaseelan
11/25/2008 7:03:19 AM

Hello Jeyaseelan,

 Thanks for the information .

Iam not talking about cyrstal reports username and password. I have already set that in webconfig.

 What i want is when a registered user logsinto my application and when he/she visits/access any reports, I wanted to display the name of the registered user in Crystal Reports.

 Thanks and Regards

Nick

0
nicklibee
11/25/2008 7:16:06 AM

Ohh...nicklibee now i understand.

You have a table for all users, get all the records from there and fill into dataset and bind into CR.

Or if you want to display the logged in username list then you should add a column in your table, if the user is loging in then this time you can add some data to that column this way you can find the logged in user.

If this is not your answer then feel free to ask me.

If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer
0
jeyaseelan
11/25/2008 7:53:38 AM

Jeyaseelan,

Thanks for your answers.

I HAVE A TABLE THAT HAS USERNAME AND PASSWORD. LIKE WHAT YOU SUGGESTED I FILLED INTO THE DATASET BUT MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I BIND IT INTO CR ?

hope you have understood what iam looking for

I just wanted the login usernam on the report thats it

Nick

0
nicklibee
11/25/2008 8:03:37 AM

Binding records into CR from DS is very simple just ref this :

 protected void GenerateReport()

                   {

                             SqlConnection sqlConn = new SqlConnection("Server=localhost;uid=sa;password=;initial

                                                                      catalog=Northwind;");

                             SqlCommand comd;

                             comd = new SqlCommand();

                             comd.Connection = sqlConn;

                             comd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

                             comd.CommandText = "up_GetAllCustomer";

                             comd.Parameters.Add("@Companyname",SqlDbType.VarChar,50);

                             if(TextBox1.Text.Trim()!="")

                                      comd.Parameters[0].Value=TextBox1.Text;

                             else

                                      comd.Parameters[0].Value=DBNull.Value;

                             SqlDataAdapter sqlAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter();

                             sqlAdapter.SelectCommand = comd;

                             Dataset1 ds = new Dataset1();

                             sqlAdapter.Fill(ds, "Customers");

                             oRpt.SetDataSource (ds);

                             CrystalReportViewer1.Visible=true;

                             CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = oRpt;

                   }

If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer
0
jeyaseelan
11/25/2008 9:17:01 AM

  Hi, not sure that this is best way, but that how I made it before. You need to add table to dataSet, which you are binding to report, for example table name "User". Create 1 columns "userName" in this table and add one record with your logged in user to it before you will call report.SetDataSource (ds). And inside Crytall Report layout create label with binding to this User table, to userName column.

Ку!
0
tov

Crystal Report
I have Crystal Report bundled wit .NET 2003. Web Application on my machine works ok, Crystal Report with db in Access. But I'v done deploy web application (with help in documents http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2013175.asp, and 'crnet_deployment.pdf). Installed application on web server, and the error which I get when trie to open web page is: Load report failed. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated i...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Crystal report with fitered out data(eg: create report from user table by user name)
Hello Mate,               I just need to know how can i create a crystal report from a database table Called "Users". I also need to filter out the data by passing runtime paremeters.                For example i need to get report of uers whose name starts with "A" .And this a is a parameter i should pass at runtime.                And Also i need to generate report ...

Integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder application
Is it possible to integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder application ? see the site http://www.seagatesoftware.com/ Yuri Denshchik a �crit : > Is it possible to integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder > application ? ...

The report you requested requires further information
The following error occurs when trying to run crystal reports using ADO connection:  The report you requested requires further information Then asks for database information....

Web resources about - Application Logon User required in Reports - asp.net.crystal-reports

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...